• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

MYE

Just finished it. Fucking awesome!!! Now this is the premise of Devil May Cry done right in my book.

And I just noticed GAME gave me the Vergil DLC for free :D
I didnt even pre-order. Cant wait

I didnt like that Dante's
hair turned white in the end. C'mon NT, you had it right in the "never in a million years joke"
:mad:

Dahbomb going IN on this thread

jNnuup1HFysYM.PNG

PowderedToast

i liked the character facial design. dante is super handsome but also humanised enough in his features to avoid the 'generic male model' face that plagues a lot of male video game characters.

kat on the other hand looks like a love doll.

i liked the character facial design. dante is super handsome but also humanised enough in his features to avoid the 'generic male model' face that plagues a lot of male video game characters.

Be glad they didn't go for the "bald, white, space marine" look that almost every UE3.x made game aims for nowadays. SMH for making that the standard look this generation, EPIC.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Kat has the same face that plagues all sidekick girls in Ninja Theory games. Just look at Enslaved and Heavenly Sword.

MYE

^ This

Awesome character/model design with Dante.

DmC-Devil-May-Cry-Developer-Diary-Becoming-Dante-Trailer_6.jpg

tumblr_mh91euVrKp1riohryo2_500.gif

tumblr_mh91euVrKp1riohryo1_500.gif

Badass motherfucker

Dahbomb

Dante looks fine in some spots and really derp in others. Example: When you beat your first enemy encounter is mission 13 and the camera zooms in on Dante's face.

I guess its because the game is always switching between in game and pre-rendered footage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Huh, he looks real and not like a generic animu character with a head too small for its body.

Jesus

Sorry, I roll my eyes whenever I see generic brown haired protagonist number 48.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/362725155

the recent ask capcom chat. Apparently the update will hit the consoles eventually.

EDIT: see, I don't have that many posts in this thread. The guy who hasn't even played the game has more than I do.

? Every person above you has played the game.

Dahbomb

Uncle Dante looks like a generic animu character?

Plz link me to these animu characters so I can start watching more anime starring boss as fuck characters like Dante.

iavi

Uncle Dante gets extra points for being an older, cooler design. Same with DMC2 Dante. If Ninja Theory is getting another go at DmC, I'm actually excited to see what they do with new dante--but a good bit older. He's a fantastic base design, IMO, and really does look damn badass at moments--Δ like in those gifs up there

DMC3 Dante is a joke. Anything is better than his baggy pants with a surfer cut.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Donte improves a lot without his dumbass jacket. I'd be interested in seeing what an older version of him looked like.

Dahbomb

anime is just a generic put-down, I don't think he means it specifically
I see people use this a lot to put down OG Dante when they never come up with even one anime character who looks and/or has the personality of Dante. I have a few in mind but they would never be mistaken for Dante.

I don't think new DmC Dante is generic at all either especially compared to the numerous bald headed middle aged characters out there. I just don't think DmC Dante has something special going for him.

MYE

Uncle Dante looks like a generic animu character?

Plz link me to these animu characters so I can start watching more anime starring boss as fuck characters like Dante.

Japanese characters with white hair and doll faces with absolutely nothing that stands out? Please, you can trip over them.

lmao, no. I haven't played Uncharted 3, so I didn't even know there was a young Nathan Drake. He's just a kid there.

More like a teenaged, rebellious this:

Thats even worse. Looks nothing like that

BadAss2961

0174_25758.gif

He looks like the biggest jerkoff in the world right here. That smile is horrid.

Dahbomb

Japanese characters with white hair and doll faces with absolutely nothing that stands out? Please, you can trip over them.
So again where are these characters that I am tripping over? If anything DmC Dante is more "doll" faced than DMC4 Dante because DMC4 Dante has manly facial hair.

Nothing stands out for DmC Dante either. At least DMC4 Dante has the red trenchcoat and cowboy boots for max swag. What's unique about DmC Dante?

antitrop

http://www.abload.de/img/0174_25758.gif[IMG]

He looks like the biggest jerkoff in the world right here. That smile is horrid.[/QUOTE]
That scene shouldn't have been in the game, it felt out of place.

It felt like a hold-over from this Dante:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/i40SWav.jpg

Dahbomb

God no. The cowboy gear for Uncle Dante is the only thing holding him back. Look at those pants!
Yea I don't like that much either but its a unique take on the character and maybe Dante likes Westerns. Point is that the cowboy boots stand out more than anything about DmC Dante. How many animu characters wear cowboy boots and are well versed in Shakespearean dialogue?

iavi

Yea I don't like that much either but its a unique take on the character and maybe Dante likes Westerns. Point is that the cowboy boots stand out more than anything about DmC Dante.

I honestly think that NT should have gone with the Blood Lad'ish Dante from the concept art with the 'melting' DT. I like new Dante. I like him a lot after playing the game. But you can easily tell that they had all these ideas, only to be hamstrung by the look of OG Dante in the end.

MYE

So again where are these characters that I am tripping over? If anything DmC Dante is more "doll" faced than DMC4 Dante because DMC4 Dante has manly facial hair.

Nothing stands out for DmC Dante either. At least DMC4 Dante has the red trenchcoat and cowboy boots for max swag. What's unique about DmC Dante?

If we are talking about DMC4 then he is yet another one that falls squarely into the Japanese template for older pretty boys

928376_20080205_screen007.jpg

Swap the hair and you have

0.jpg

or

images

Squinty eyes, thin low eyebrows, square jaw, straight noses.... basically nothing that stands out.
All Capcom characters too...hmm

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If we are talking about DMC4 then he is yet another one that falls squarely into the Japanese template for older pretty boys

Swap the hair and you have

or

Squinty eyes, thin low eyebrows, square jaw, straight noses.... basically nothing that stands out.

Not seeing it.

And why the hell are you swapping hair? Oh yeah, defeating the purpose of the exercise.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This is really really dumb... If you don't like the way classic Dante looks you could just say it instead of making up stupid excuses.

Top Bottom