• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Dahbomb

bitch plz, don't talk to me about prints when OG Vergil has that weird relief thing on his coat. I'm not being a contrarian, NuVergil just looks better. The simple black and blue combination works better.
Vergin is a fucking pussy. Although let's hope he mans the fuck up in the DLC.

I just want to say, I don't know when "uncle dante" became a thing, but it's awesome.
He actually IS an uncle though. It caught on right after the time that DMC4 novel came out and people put 2 and 2 together of Nero being Vergil's son and Dante being Nero's uncle.

Dahbomb

I have always said I never minded new Vergil's (Vergin/Vorgil) look, I always dug it. Very apt for a modern/realistic take on the character. You guys can hunt down all my older posts on the character, never once have I bad talked about him and complimented him in fact (in fact I am going to pull out the thread with his reveal).

Compared to Dante's look Vergil just simply looks way better. They just fucked up his character which is a travesty.

Here it is, the original Vergil reveal thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486801

Ah the memories.

By the way according to the rule of Vergil... this game might end up being pretty good.
Rule of Vergil strikes again.

OG Dante and Vergil were better at being over the top cartoon characters than new Dante and Vergil are at being interesting relatable protagonists, but it still seems silly to compare them directly because they represent such different modes of presentation and game design. I suppose it's yet another argument nobody would be having if the DMC brand wasn't slapped on the box.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Vergil looks fine for the most part to me. I don't really have any major problems with him, but I still prefer the DMC design for him because I'm not a fan of his coat.

Honestly, if Vergil just wore a nice suit, I wouldn't be even be mad. With a top hat. Oh snap, what if Yamato doubled as a cane with a big ass diamond on the end? *faints*

I really don't like his coat.

I have always said I never minded new Vergil's (Vergin/Vorgil) look, I always dug it. Very apt for a modern/realistic take on the character. You guys can hunt down all my older posts on the character, never once have I bad talked about him and complimented him in fact (in fact I am going to pull out the thread with his reveal).

Compared to Dante's look Vergil just simply looks way better. They just fucked up his character which is a travesty.

Ah the memories.

He. Has. Fucking. Returned.

Mike M

Nick N
I really liked Vergil's new look. I especially liked the print on the coat, though I realize full well no one could ever make that work in real life. It just... Gave him a bit of an edge, or something. And he really needed it, because outside of his design he was appealing as unflavored oatmeal.

I also like Nero's look, so clearly my opinion is invalidated

jett

D-Member
Honestly, if Vergil just wore a nice suit, I wouldn't be even be mad. With a top hat. Oh snap, what if Yamato doubled as a cane with a big ass diamond on the end? *faints*

I really don't like his coat.

lulz

tumblr_mgkq0kRYDp1rblqwco1_500.png

Shahadan

I can't stand Kat's face, it's like they wanted to go for cute stoned cat-girl, and her expressions makes me want to punch her face everytime she's on screen.

She doesn't look human.

Nome

Vorgol's coat is terrible, that fucking print. Don't forget the fedora. Vergil looks slick as hell. No one was saying all this silly shit before this came out. Contrarians up in here

Nero's outfit looks clean too

My girlfriend has a nightie that kind of looks like Vergil's satin coat there. He looks stupid.

I don't Know, Vergil's clothes always seemed out of place to me, it was as if he was dressed to be in a family portrait or something, at least Dante and Kat had more believable casual clothing.

jett

D-Member
Shit fighting two dreamrunners at once on that area in Mission 13 was pretty exciting. The background noise makes it impossible to know in advance when they're teleporting out, keeping you even more on your toes. That aside DMD has been really easy so far.

Oh and Dante totally looked fabulous here

Dahbomb

2 Dreamrunners at once made me change my anti-Dreamrunner strat of trying to counter parry them. Can't afford to keep evading and looking for opening because when it does comes the other one covers his partner. Have been incorporating in Kablooey to my game and yea its beast. I do think I have a good handle on every other enemy or boss in the game. Made it to mission 7 DMD without much hassle and fewer deaths than even SOS.

jett

D-Member
2 Dreamrunners at once made me change my anti-Dreamrunner strat of trying to counter parry them. Can't afford to keep evading and looking for opening because when it does comes the other one covers his partner. Have been incorporating in Kablooey to my game and yea its beast. I do think I have a good handle on every other enemy or boss in the game. Made it to mission 7 DMD without much hassle and fewer deaths than even SOS.

Snake Eyes is best for handling two dreamrunners, it's beast at parrying them out of their teleports.

Dahbomb

Parrying not really that great against that teleport slash because they already have high recovery from it. Its best to demon dodge that and angel teleport back into a launcher. Even if you don't get the perfect evade you still safely get to attack them. If you miss the Snake Eye parry you will get damaged.

Plus I am playing KB so doing double directional inputs is really bad on it. Its a crap shoot trying to do them in combos worse even if you are using to parry.

Ah the memories.

the way I see it

they fucked up Dantes look but his personality, although a bit muted, is still there somewhat.

with vergil the look was a decent update which has enough of the og look inspiring it but the personailty is fucked up.

I personally find pussy vergil to be far more offensive than Emo Dino could ever be.

I like Nero's design way better than Donte's trailer park white trash outfit. In fact, I haven't played a second as Donte, Classic Dante outfit all the way.

jett

D-Member
Parrying not really that great against that teleport slash because they already have high recovery from it. Its best to demon dodge that and angel teleport back into a launcher. Even if you don't get the perfect evade you still safely get to attack them. If you miss the Snake Eye parry you will get damaged.

Plus I am playing KB
so doing double directional inputs is really bad on it. Its a crap shoot trying to do them in combos worse even if you are using to parry.

Dude, why.

So far Snake Eyeing the DR's on a controller has been near flawless. It has a massive window and range. They also take the brunt of the damage along with the parry. Bastards die real quick. Hell, I killed those two DR's at the same with a single punch, felt awesome.

I can't imagine playing with M+KB with how accurate you can be with directional inputs for the soft lock. The previous DMCs would probably be slightly better.

That DMD difficulty Foyer with the
witch and two dreamwalkers
is driving me crazy. I'm determined to out style it for my SSS run.

Finished it.
Lillith
is probably the grossest thing I've ever fought in a game.

Also, fuck that final boss.
If I can't attack one enemy because the presence of another enemy makes him invulnerable, videogame logic dictates that I need to kill the second enemy first. NOPE.

Guess Who

Banned
Also, fuck that final boss.
If I can't attack one enemy because the presence of another enemy makes him invulnerable, videogame logic dictates that I need to kill the second enemy first. NOPE.

I really don't know how they expected anyone to figure out that you have to
Devil Trigger and then attack Vergil during a time when you think he's invulnerable.
I swear I just went in an endless loop for ages wondering what the hell I was supposed to do before I just gave up and looked it up.

Dave1988

bitch plz, don't talk to me about prints when OG Vergil has that weird relief thing on his coat. I'm not being a contrarian, NuVergil just looks better to me. The simple black and blue combination works better. And the fedora is nothing in a series filled with fashion crimes. :lol Nero however is just ugly though.

Y'all just jelly at Borgil.

tumblr_mhcgqhLokt1qk0oi6o2_500.png

Even Donte can't hide his jellyness.

It's Vergin, jett. Get it right.

Dave1988

The Vergin's Chronicles comic is hilariously bad.

Vergin shoots Spiral Swords out of his dick.

Premature ejaculator confirmed!:p

XdVbEEA.jpg

No fucks given XD

The final boss is almost Metroid Other M levels of obscurity. But one thing gives it away
His doppelganger gives loads of purple orbs

Jawmuncher

So the soundtrack for DmC I'm not a big fan of.
Personally 3 and 4 I thought had much better songs, however DmC does have this

http://youtu.be/KE1GoVlBUqg

Best song in the game personally and it play during the credits of all places.

( still missing the love for the mundus battle music, didnt really feel it)

Top Bottom