• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Psy-Phi

Happy to see Ninja Theory with a game that's getting very well received by critics and gamers alike. There's always been so much style in their aesthetics, and audio, but sadly felt like they were cutting their teeth on refining the control and technical difficulties like framerate; on the cusp of making games the industry would aspire to copy. I feared for their continued existence as a development house after Enslaved didn't do so hot (I loved it for the style, and world) Would love to see Heavenly Sword brought back from the Dead and done with a less strict time restraint.

Really love that it's on PC too so quickly. It may be odd, but just looking at the games character movement and the way the camera follows the player, also the way the camera pans and shakes in cutscenes....feels reminiscent of their previous titles. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but anybody else get that vibe? Still feels like DMC, but with their own panache.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Really love that it's on PC too so quickly. It may be odd, but just looking at the games character movement and the way the camera follows the player, also the way the camera pans and shakes in cutscenes....feels reminiscent of their previous titles. Maybe I'm reading too much between the lines, but anybody else get that vibe? Still feels like DMC, but with their own panache.

Nah, you're absolutely right. It looks exactly like a Ninja Theory game, and not like a DMC game.

V_Arnold

Wow, Slasher, you were very polite on stream. Have fun playing the game!
I left the chat, I could literally feel my brain dying moment by moment in there :D

chrono01

Eh, I just pre-ordered DmC [PS3].

I'm not looking at it like it's Devil May Cry 5 [even though it's basically supposed to be], but instead, as a simple hack n' slash Action game. I absolutely love the genre, and while I don't expect the combat to be anywhere near the previous Devil May Cry games [judging from the demo and from what I've seen], as well as those released from Platinum Games [such as the perfection known as Bayonetta], I still think I'll have an "okay" time with it. If anything, it will keep me busy until Metal Gear Rising is released next month.

I was debating on waiting and picking it up once it gets a price-drop, but considering the pre-order comes with two sets of DLC [samurai weapon pack and Vergil's Downfall], I figured I wouldn't save that much waiting and getting it later, since Vergil's Downfall seems like something that's worthy of a purchase [it's supposed to be around $9 on its own].

I know this game gets a lot of hate from Devil May Cry fans, and honestly, considering how much NT has changed the look/feel of the game, it's to be expected. But I still believe it will be, at the worst, a decent Action game. It might not have an incredible story, or the combat might be extremely simplified, but if it offers a bit of fun/enjoyment, then that's okay with me.

Dahbomb

Left the stream because too many trolls invaded it. There was a NT rep there, I posed a question and had to leave the stream a bit to attend something but came back and saw the chat had gone off the deep end.

Dahbomb

Story spoilers + some of my analysis on it:

You know after seeing a few of the last cutscenes... it seems that the game ends in a way that it sets up the universe of the previous DMC games quite nicely. Demons don't live behind some other realm anymore and they can be seen by humans, similar to in the DMC where characters like Lady could see them as plain as day. With Vergil going off into his own and Dante essentially becoming a demon hunter as a profession, it's very easy to make a true DMC3 remake with the story (DmC2). Not exactly of course I would hope but they can still make a game similar to the previous DMC games by just continuing where they left off with this game.

Although it's hard to say without playing the Vergil DLC and what the "real" ending in that is.

You know after seeing a few of the last cutscenes... it seems that the game ends in a way that it sets up the universe of the previous DMC games quite nicely. Demons don't live behind some other realm anymore and they can be seen by humans, similar to in the DMC where characters like Lady could see them as plain as day. With Vergil going off into his own and Dante essentially becoming a demon hunter as a profession, it's very easy to make a true DMC3 remake with the story (DmC2). Not exactly of course I would hope but they can still make a game similar to the previous DMC games by just continuing where they left off with this game.

Although it's hard to say without playing the Vergil DLC and what the "real" ending in that is.

So it could be placed before DMC 3 then since it could fill the part in that game where the brothers of know each other and their clear alignment but apparently haven't seen each other for a while until that event.

i.e the scene where after being attacked at his place Dante knows exactly who was responsible.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Sparda being bitchmade in this universe throws off any possible connection. The entire plot of DMC3 revolved around a quest for his power.

Dahbomb

Sparda being bitchmade in this universe throws off any possible connection. The entire plot of DMC3 revolved around a quest for his power.
Yeah I know but it's still possible that he has a powerful sword that people want. I haven't seen all the cutscenes yet but there has been NO mention of what the amulet does in DmC. It's probably saved for the sequel.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
slasher. next time pw and embed it into your post so no one knows what the link is and what the pw is unless it's a gaf member. they can only see it if they quote you.

quote this to see slasher.

insert text here

Ahhhh ok gotcha.

Let me guess? Shut it down for streaming a game that hasn't been released yet? Happens every time, Twitch is on that shit like white on rice.

And yeah... I still don't understand that. Pretty irritating but what can ya do?

Sorry it got shut down, Slasher. Props for not letting the more troll-ish chatters distract you.

Remind me to NEVER EVER post a link on gamefaqs again when it comes to streaming! Yeah I don't usually care, when they cuss me out or call me something, then I ban hammer them.

antitrop

And yeah... I still don't understand that. Pretty irritating but what can ya do?
To keep themselves in good graces with the game companies. Twitch operates in a pretty shady grey area, they are very careful about avoiding all sorts of DMCA issues and other copyright concerns. Sure, streaming a legit copy of DmC isn't illegal, but it's just part of Twitch's policies to protect themselves.

It's strongly against their best interests as a company to allow those games to be streamed.

anddo0

My body is ready!

Been playing DMC HD to get back in the flow of things. I finished DMC2 for the first time yesterday (terrible game). But at least I can say I've beaten them all.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ahhhh ok gotcha.

Remind me to NEVER EVER post a link on gamefaqs again when it comes to streaming! Yeah I don't usually care, when they cuss me out or call me something, then I ban hammer them.

It usually never gets caught. The only time twitch finds out is if someone reported which I expect what happened.

antitrop

Well with the hate flowing in that stream. Anyone of those ass bags could have done it. LOL Wouldn't put it past them.
Ya, just be careful. I've seen Twitch admins shut down channels over DMCA issues.

The good thing about Twitch vs YouTube is that Twitch usually favors their streamers when concerns arise, they're good about that. YouTube is just totally bitches to the industry and will take down shit for DMCA without even a good reason.

Twitch is fair about it. Don't fuck them and they won't fuck you, sort of a mutual agreement between "grown adults". YouTube might as well be a five-year old with no communication skills, common sense, or recourse to defend themselves or their users.

I really like Twitch, though, they are awesome.

Ya, just be careful. I've seen Twitch admins shut down channels over DMCA issues.

The good thing about Twitch vs YouTube is that Twitch usually favors their streamers when concerns arise, they're good about that. YouTube is just totally bitches to the industry and will take down shit for DMCA without even a good reason.

Twitch is fair about it. Don't fuck them and they won't fuck you, sort of a mutual agreement between "grown adults". YouTube might as well be a five-year old with no communication skills, common sense, or recourse to defend themselves or their users.

Well yeah and I always oblige. They say shut down. I do. Simply as that. They are the masters of their domain. Need to follow the rules.

Curufinwe

Eh, I just pre-ordered DmC [PS3].

I'm not looking at it like it's Devil May Cry 5 [even though it's basically supposed to be], but instead, as a simple hack n' slash Action game. I absolutely love the genre, and while I don't expect the combat to be anywhere near the previous Devil May Cry games [judging from the demo and from what I've seen], as well as those released from Platinum Games [such as the perfection known as Bayonetta], I still think I'll have an "okay" time with it. If anything, it will keep me busy until Metal Gear Rising is released next month.

I was debating on waiting and picking it up once it gets a price-drop, but considering the pre-order comes with two sets of DLC [samurai weapon pack and Vergil's Downfall], I figured I wouldn't save that much waiting and getting it later, since Vergil's Downfall seems like something that's worthy of a purchase [it's supposed to be around $9 on its own].

I know this game gets a lot of hate from Devil May Cry fans, and honestly, considering how much NT has changed the look/feel of the game, it's to be expected. But I still believe it will be, at the worst, a decent Action game. It might not have an incredible story, or the combat might be extremely simplified, but if it offers a bit of fun/enjoyment, then that's okay with me.

Were you tempted to just wait for the cheaper PC version?

antitrop

If you want to stream DmC without anyone trying to take down your channel, use Own3d.tv.

They don't give a fuck about anything, even paying their streamers.

If you want to stream DmC without anyone trying to take down your channel, use Own3d.tv.

They don't give a fuck about anything, even paying their streamers.

Well... can you use xsplit with that?

I like twitch.tv but for anything I get early I might just need a backup.

I really like Twitch, though, they are awesome.

ha ha!
aUu6q.gif

chrono01

Were you tempted to just wait for the cheaper PC version?

Nah, I don't particularly enjoy playing console games on the PC [I have a much nicer 5.1 setup for my consoles, as well as larger TV]. Not only that, I don't have a controller for the PC since I use PC-gaming primarily for FPS's [for mouse/keyboard control] and MMO's.

I did hear about the DMC deal on Steam, though. That definitely sounds like a viable option for some people [myself not included]. >:)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Watching those gameplay clips was infuriating. I know I don't know this person.. he isn't in my house taking up my tv... i can just close the Chrome window and be done with it but... FUCK MAN ... i don't care if it's the shittiest game in existence. No one should be allowed to play that bad.

Not to mention running against walls and swinging his sword at nothing for the first 5 minutes. Jesus dude... FUCKING GO ALREADY ITS A DMC GAME PRETTY SURE YOU SWING SWORDS AND FIGHT DEMONS.

I feel like this is the beginning of my transformation into old man gamer...

"In my day you had to actually NOT SUCK for the game to let you keep going..."

Then watching in in the upgrade menu ... "Enemy step and Stinger are right there. No no no up... NO ... RIGHT THERE YOU FUCK." fast forward 5 minutes "See. Stinger. I told you, dipshit."

Top Bottom