• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Varth

So are you going to explain how to unlock it or what, playboy?

My guess is monies. Beating nephilim and SOS doesn't unlock any of those. Could be DMD, though.

But you still get SSS for flunking the other categories. There should've been no cap on deaths, having 10 deaths should be an automatic 0/D rank.

Nope. So far on nephilim even getting ss/sss/sss and 0/0 only nets me ss. Tried multiple times on last boss for confirmation. Seems like you have to do a perfect run for sss.

bigmac996

just picked up the game for ps3 today and although im only on the second mission, I'm loving it. Don't listen to the naysayers or the "purists". It's a damn good game. As for a perfect devil may cry game, it's too early to tell.

Only problem are the menus. Low-resolution graphics, and bland textures. Same with the title screen. Super picky, but presentation counts.

antitrop

just picked up the game for ps3 today and although im only on the second mission, I'm loving it. Don't listen to the naysayers or the "purists". It's a damn good game. As for a perfect devil may cry game, it's too early to tell.

Only problem are the menus. Low-resolution graphics, and bland textures. Same with the title screen. Super picky, but presentation counts.
I'm going to be pissed if the menu issues carry over to the PC port, a la Darksiders II.

Dahbomb

So far on nephilim even getting ss/sss/sss and 0/0 only nets me ss. Tried multiple times on last boss for confirmation. Seems like you have to do a perfect run for sss.
You need style points in the 2 million range to get SSS rank while flunking the rest. What were your style points for those missions (not the total points but for the combat style points)?

Basically what I am saying is that if your style points are obscenely high, no matter how many deductions you get you will still come out with SSS. It most likely won't be possible in boss only missions though.

Also how hard was SoS?

antitrop

Dat DS2 port

Couldn't even use the damn controller unless you activated it BEFORE you started the game
Ya, remember those fucking crazy low-resolution character models they used on PC in the menus?

What the other guy said about DmC's menus instantly reminded me of that.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I think the guy was just checking for breakable objects and hidden stuff.

I like to imagine he just has 31 thumbs. But yes i'm sure that's the case.

Started watching more of the gameplay on youtube and it looks like the whole Red/Blue thing is pervasive through out the whole game. Floor panels that hurt you depending on what weapon you have out and stuff like that.

Glad those that have picked it up are enjoying it. Like some others just all this talk of DmC has made me throw 4 back in and mob around polishing my muscle memory. Fuckin <3 the style switching so much. Will miss it intensely.

Ya, remember those fucking crazy low-resolution character models they used on PC in the menus?

What the other guy said about DmC's menus instantly reminded me of that.

And those jaggy shadows

and those lack of video options

and dat screentearing even on the damn options menu

so bad

good game, though

Dahbomb

When I saw that Mundus/Dante cutscene it's exactly what I thought of. That was a really poorly directed cutscene overall.

Also there's a Tameem cameo in the game.

The full walkthrough for the game has been uploaded by the way. I am not going to watch it because I have already seen enough. I just wanted the cutscenes and story out of the way so I can concentrate on the game play come the 25th. And yes the PC version has been purchased by me.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
When I saw that Mundus/Dante cutscene it's exactly what I thought of. That was a really poorly directed cutscene overall.

smh... I wish i knew of a good dejected "i give up" smiley to type out.

Unintentional humor is like NT bread and butter...and making characters I cannot fucking stand (looking at you Trip from enslaved).

Chamber

love on your sleeve

i8EgB2zE1fv0B.gif

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

The full walkthrough for the game has been uploaded by the way. I am not going to watch it because I have already seen enough. I just wanted the cutscenes and story out of the way so I can concentrate on the game play come the 25th. And yes the PC version has been purchased by me.
And to think, I was gonna pick this up for $5 on a Steam sale.

Dahbomb

Spoilers:
Right after Dante and Vergil beat Mundus the division between the demon and human world is shattered so humans start seeing demons all over the world. This is communicated over the internet via Twitter. The Twitter posts start piling up like crazy and among the tweets is SuperNinjatamtam Tameem's own Twitter account.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OMG on his twitter he posted a "hater" boxart. It's very NSFW so I'm not going to link it, but :lol I'm glad he has the "courage" to face the "haters?"

Spoilers:
Right after Dante and Vergil beat Mundus the division between the demon and human world is shattered so humans start seeing demons all over the world. This is communicated over the internet via Twitter. The Twitter posts start piling up like crazy and among the tweets is Ninjatamtam Tameem's own Twitter account.

Okay that's actually pretty funny.

Dahbomb

OMG on his twitter he posted a "hater" boxart. It's very NSFW so I'm not going to link it, but :lol I'm glad he has the "courage" to face the "haters?"
Tameem didn't post that, some antI-DmC troll posted it and Tameem just commented on it. It's crappy anyway.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Spoilers:
Right after Dante and Vergil beat Mundus the division between the demon and human world is shattered so humans start seeing demons all over the world. This is communicated over the internet via Twitter. The Twitter posts start piling up like crazy and among the tweets is Ninjatamtam Tameem's own Twitter account.

I wish you had clarified before I cancelled my preorder.

Spoilers:
Right after Dante and Vergil beat Mundus the division between the demon and human world is shattered so humans start seeing demons all over the world. This is communicated over the internet via Twitter. The Twitter posts start piling up like crazy and among the tweets is SuperNinjatamtam Tameem's own Twitter account.

If I wanted to know this,
I would want to watch a director appear in his or her own movie. Hubris, much
?

So pre-order it again?

Did NT hire you?

Top Bottom