• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Kat can play the same role as Lady, don't really see the point in bringing her in. Kat's magical prowess already makes her 10x more useful than Lady ever was.

iavi

They thought they learned enough from then and they were ready to make it by themselves.

They were wrong, aparently.

Honestly, I don't think the budget for DmC was anywhere near as large as it was for HS and Enslaved. I feel like that's why Capcom wants to 'lock them down' or work with them again; They got it done with figurative pennies.

Necrovex

Honestly, I don't think the budget for DmC was anywhere near as large as it was for HS and Enslaved. I feel like that's why Capcom wants to 'lock them down' or work with them again; They got it done with figurative pennies.

I would think the budget for DMC would be higher than Enslaved.

V_Arnold

Okay, its official now. Aquila is CRAZY good.
I am in love with it now. Especially on air movement. Crazy.

The game's speed just increased by at least 30-40 percent thanks to that.

S1kkZ

Okay, its official now. Aquila is CRAZY good.
I am in love with it now. Especially on air movement. Crazy.

The game's speed just increased by at least 30-40 percent thanks to that.

the aquila is fucking amazing. its by far the best side-weapon in the game, the perfect mix between speed and power. and its just fucking fun to use.

V_Arnold

the aquila is fucking amazing. its by far the best side-weapon in the game, the perfect mix between speed and power. and its just fucking fun to use.

Yep. Also, LT+B is perfect for crowd control. It works on mobs where I almost think "it should not" work :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU............................

He. won't. fucking. Bloody Palace? :p

Also playing DMC1-3 in fits and starts is making me kinda want to get the PS3 version of DMC4 despite owning a 360 copy I can't use since my 360 died and I never got a replacement. :/

Dante's original design was good. He's like the modern and more arrogant version of Vampire Hunter D. There was little bullshit in the first game (besides THE scene of course) and whole atmosphere was dark, scary and gothic. This was reflected on Dante.

It's funny that the DMC4 Dante is closer to the first one than the teen-Dante of DMC3. I remember hating him in DMC3 and so did all of my friends who were fans of the game. Then years rolled by and we learned to tolerate the shirtless little asshole.

we may not agree on this game, but this post is so accurate its hilarious.

V_Arnold

Oh by the way: the story is legit great. I am past half of those "hilarious" gif-moments, and they ALL make absolutely perfect sense in the context of the story. Brb, got some crows to hunt for an epic serving :p

(Of course it is all subjective.)

Kouichi

Oh by the way: the story is legit great. I am past half of those "hilarious" gif-moments, and they ALL make absolutely perfect sense in the context of the story. Brb, got some crows to hunt for an epic serving :p

(Of course it is all subjective.)

Good to hear. Anyone else with a copy liking the story so far?

S1kkZ

Good to hear. Anyone else with a copy liking the story so far?

yeah, story is good. its nothing super special but its well told and understandable.
the storytelling is a huge step up from the previous games, and is say that as a ninja theory hater.

That DMC3 Dante costume is pretty legit.

Somebody on gamefaqs said a famitsu scan showed DMC1 Dante, maybe he confused DMC1 with DMC3. Or maybe DMC1 outfit is also an unlockable later on?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I would love to see that DMC3 Dante Skin in the sequel when he's a bit older, at least this is a solid game and opens up a lot of potential for the sequel (frame rate, gameplay, story, etc). Quite the safe game for a reboot though, but it's fun none the less.

DMC3 Dante skin is legit, even though Dino turned out okay design wise. If that was the redesign NT initially came up with that got rejected, then Capcom can go fuck themselves for making them change it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kat can play the same role as Lady, don't really see the point in bringing her in. Kat's magical prowess already makes her 10x more useful than Lady ever was.

Except Lady is approximately 20 gazillion times a better designed character (both of them).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't know, I like Kat based on what I've seen so far.

Then again, I liked Trish more than Lady. Come at me, etc.

Kouichi

Took me awhile to like Lady in DMC3 after she shot Dante twice in the face after saving her life. And that was before realizing he was a demon.

an adult person wrote that and thought it was good

K1agJ.gif

V_Arnold

the semen stuff wasn't a joke?
all my wats

Not a joke, not some bad writing. Simply a component for a spell. (And animal parts, yes, including semen, is a tradition for witchcraft, depending the tradition or the comical/mythical angle.)

I don't know, I like Kat based on what I've seen so far.

Then again, I liked Trish more than Lady. Come at me, etc.

Kat >>>>>>>>> Lady. Trish is still Trish, though. :D

Top Bottom