• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Endo Punk

Are all boss fights interrupted with mini videos? Glad I'm told each time the hunter is performing a spinning blade attack or jumping on a Ferris wheel :

Yea guys NT bought me out. I'm a sell out. DmC shits all over the previous DMC games. Tameem is a god. Pre-order now!

i8EgB2zE1fv0B.gif

Spoilers:
Right after Dante and Vergil beat Mundus the division between the demon and human world is shattered so humans start seeing demons all over the world. This is communicated over the internet via Twitter. The Twitter posts start piling up like crazy and among the tweets is SuperNinjatamtam Tameem's own Twitter account.

That's already funnier than DMC4, even though the whole game was a joke.

Dahbomb

Are all boss fights interrupted with mini videos? Glad I'm told each time the hunter is performing a spinning blade attack or jumping on a Ferris wheel :
That would be a yes. You only get tips in the first boss fight but the rest of the boss fights do have cinematic interruptions.

Endo Punk

That would be a yes. You only get tips in the first boss fight but the rest of the boss fights do have cinematic interruptions.

Hmm figured as much since they are present in the first and last boss fight. Stuff that can easily be shown while the player is in control are now cinematics. smh. Once is fine but 4-5 times in a fight is over-kill.

KissVibes

Banned
Spoilers:
Right after Dante and Vergil beat Mundus the division between the demon and human world is shattered so humans start seeing demons all over the world. This is communicated over the internet via Twitter. The Twitter posts start piling up like crazy and among the tweets is SuperNinjatamtam Tameem's own Twitter account.

Jesus Christ, what an EGO!

Kidding. That's actually really cool and you would really never notice it if you weren't focused on it.

Love the overreaction before people even knew what was up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Saw a story synopsis posted earlier. Huge spoilers:

FUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
wubwubwubwub

Honestly, I'm kinda down to play it out of curiosity.

I'm really digging the style of this game.

I look forward to picking it up at some point down the line.

Another satisfied customer!

But hey, if you like this art direction, why don't you pick up a copy of Enslaved™? And perhaps one of DmC's influences, Shade the Changing Man? Get a first look at our shifting environments, obvious American pop culture satire, and mean-spirited humorous dialog!

jTi91KjFQ1uMA.jpg

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Saw a story synopsis posted earlier. Huge spoilers:

FUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
wubwubwubwub

Honestly, I'm kinda down to play it out of curiosity.

Based on that i'll be buying the novelization. Three different times.

Also I hate twitter. Pre-Ordered so i could cancel my pre-order.

Dahbomb

this is the first time ive ever seen gameplay footage of DmC, and I can tell you right now: this looks NOTHING like a Devil May Cry game...
Come on man that's being harsh. The skill on display was solid and the overall combat is similar to DMC enough. I mean the run through isn't nearly as flashy as something in DMC4 but it's still good.

It's really a shame that the Demon Dodge and style ranking is so broken because they do have a solid combat underneath it all. It's just too braindead to get upto SSS and then maintain it using whatever you want no matter how cheesy it is. Takes away from core essenemce of what they want to achieve with the game.

this is the first time ive ever seen gameplay footage of DmC, and I can tell you right now: this looks NOTHING like a Devil May Cry game...

This is the upteenth time I've seen gameplay footage of DmC and having also played the demo extensively I can tell you right now: it's a hell of a lot like a Devil May Cry game

In the first 40 seconds of this video he does one charged drive that takes his style rank from D to SSS.

Myexpectationsweretoodamnhigh!.gif

He only gets that much score because he does a perfectly timed demon dodge (improving damage and style ranking) then immediately follows it with a fully charged drive combo on 3 enemies that miraculously fell into line. It seems like the style bonus on demon dodge attacks are way out of whack in the demo. Pretty sure we're still waiting on someone to confirm whether it works like that in the final release.

My main problem is that it never drops. I wouldn't mind the ease of gaining SSS if the rank degraded over time.

Yeah. The gauge for how well you're doing is completely messed up. The feedback for playing stylish has to be there. Otherwise, what's the point? What, Youtube videos?

Man I feel so conflicted I don't like the direction the series is taking but after watching some playthroughs of the full game I might actually get it now (especially for Vergil DLC). I hope if they do DmC 2 they have two full campaigns for both Dante and Vergil..

The SSS demon dodge still feels overpowered but that won't really effect the stylishness of combo videos (only people going for SSS ranks).

kuroshiki

Ok. Maybe because I'm not a die hard DMC fan, but after watching several videos, I think the game actually does feel and look like a DMC game.

Yeah I understand the character doesn't look like original and female lead looks 100000000x worse than original DMC but yeah, it does look like DMC game, and it actually looks fun.

Will give it a go when it is released.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
He only gets that much score because he does a perfectly timed demon dodge (improving damage and style ranking) then immediately follows it with a fully charged drive combo on 3 enemies that miraculously fell into line. It seems like the style bonus on demon dodge attacks are way out of whack in the demo. Pretty sure we're still waiting on someone to confirm whether it works like that in the final release.

you say "perfectly timed" demon dodge like it's hard. I watched the rest of that video and he does a sloppy one, in the air, from an attack that was likely going to miss him anyways if he had simply let the (syrup like) gravity take him downwards. In all the videos i've watched getting that demon dodge red carnage shit to swirl when you dodge does NOT look hard. I was actually wondering out loud about just padding your score with that tech.

Also yes there were three of em.. .but i've watched the axe get multiple hits on a single enemy and reach almost the same rank. Cheap as nero arm into the sky and spin that stupid scythe for an hour while you float happily and hit SSS. Huzzah.

you say "perfectly timed" demon dodge like it's hard. I watched the rest of that video and he does a sloppy one, in the air, from an attack that was likely going to miss him anyways if he had simply let the (syrup like) gravity take him downwards. In all the videos i've watched getting that demon dodge red carnage shit to swirl when you dodge does NOT look hard. I was actually wondering out loud about just padding your score with that tech.

Also yes there were three of em.. .but i've watched the axe get multiple hits on a single enemy and reach almost the same rank. Cheap as nero arm into the sky and spin that stupid scythe for an hour while you float happily and hit SSS. Huzzah.

I didn't say it was particularly hard, I was just correcting his description. I really don't think they intended for you to be able max out the style meter for performing a dodge in like a 6 frame window then using a strong attack. Temper your disgust until we have confirmation about the final game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yeah. The gauge for how well you're doing is completely messed up. The feedback for playing stylish has to be there. Otherwise, what's the point? What, Youtube videos?

Styling is still fun at the end of the day. I did play through that demo a lot even though earning that SSS ranking becomes automatic at a certain point.

I'm pretty sure V_Arnold already confirmed that Demon Dodge still breaks the style system.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I didn't say it was particularly hard, I was just correcting his description. I really don't think they intended for you to be able max out the style meter for performing a dodge in like a 6 frame window then using a strong attack. Temper your disgust until we have confirmation about the final game.

*kicks dirt*

Sheesh fine ... gawd... just wanted to be cool with everyone else.. *pout*

Tiduz

Eurogaime
for the guys who asked me how long my first playtrough was: 6 hours and 33 minutes, i didnt get all keys, did 6 secret missions.

Endo Punk

for the guys who asked me how long my first playtrough was: 6 hours and 33 minutes, i didnt get all keys, did 6 secret missions.

Did you support this game from the beginning? And if so do you think it was worth the wait? Also are you happy with the ending?

Wow, 6 hours is ridiculously short even by action game standards. That's God of War 3 levels. First run throughs on past DMC games were somewhere between 12-15 hours.....at least for me. DMC 3 was a pretty meaty game.

Wow, 6 hours is ridiculously short even by action game standards. That's God of War 3 levels. First run throughs on past DMC games were somewhere between 12-15 hours.....at least for me. DMC 3 was a pretty meaty game.

to be fair though it's a first playthrough...not to mention generally difficulty/checkpoints in games have been streamlined and more player-friendly. DMC3 was a long game, but parts of had to do with how the checkpoints were set up with yellow/gold orb

Games are made very differently nowadays

AlexBasch

Alright, question time.

I'm somewhat interested into getting in DMC, I think I can get the HD collection, but is there something I should worry about, like Silent Hill HD-badness?

I think I can get a PS2 and play the originals (not really hard to find) but I'd like them in the commodity of a BR and with HD stuff. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
Alright, question time.

I'm somewhat interested into getting in DMC, I think I can get the HD collection, but is there something I should worry about, like Silent Hill HD-badness?

I think I can get a PS2 and play the originals (not really hard to find) but I'd like them in the commodity of a BR and with HD stuff. :p
get hd

Top Bottom