• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Teknoman

Thats my problem in any stylish action game. I either end up stocking up on items because I totally forgot about using them...or I think there isnt any reason to do so/it'll kill my score.

I like a select amount of dubstep in the right situation (on mind expanding drugs at a party), but that shit should not be anywhere near video games.

Though Far Cry 3 did have the "Best Use of Skrillex 2012". How is it used in DmC? Is it that obnoxious bullshit Skrillex "brostep", or real dubstep?

Just listen to the soundtrack: https://soundcloud.com/noisia/sets/dmc-devil-may-cry-soundtrack It's a game soundtrack. It sounds like music for a videogame.

Sorian

Banned
Disagree here, I think he pulls off "this" Dante perfectly. I've only played the demo so far though.

I've only played the demo as well (at work currently with the game waiting patiently in my car), but how can you know how well he pulls off this Dante from the demo? The demo literally shows nothing except for a juvenile cursing exchange........oh I see, nevermind.

Dahbomb

We don't really know much about the costumes. They aren't on the retail console disc that's for sure. Only 2 alt costumes on the disc are jacket less Dante and all white hair DmC Dante. It's looking like DLC, most likely paid.

On the PC version the costume pack is free if you pre-order.

Just beat mission 11, I'm really enjoying this game so far. Right now it ranks ahead of DMC4 for me. New Dante isn't bad at all. Now to start this mission 12 everyone was praising a few post ago.

Early game spoilers:

How are they going to handle the "not in a million years" cutscene gag with a longer-haired Dante? I'm pretty sure most of the cutscenes apart from the opening are in-engine.

Hagi

I'm not too well versed in dubstep outside of Mt Eden and a select few others but i am really enjoying the soundtrack, just heavy enough for me. Far Cry 3 was a lot more obnoxious with the constant wub wub wub.

Dahbomb

Early game spoilers:

How are they going to handle the "not in a million years" cutscene gag with a longer-haired Dante? I'm pretty sure most of the cutscenes apart from the opening are in-engine.
That mop hair is really big and would cover even OG Dante's hair if it fell on him.

I played 6 hours today and I finished up to mission 10. I love the combat surprisingly enough as I thought that would be the issue. I am finding the level design and overall pacing to be boring. Why am I bored in a DMC game? Its not just that it is easy, there aren't any surprises, nothing that really mixes things up or wows me. Normally boss battles do this but I have only fought 3 bosses in 6 hours, WTF. And they have all been terrible.

I am enjoying the game it is just clearly inferior to the best 3 DMC games.

I played 6 hours today and I finished up to mission 10. I love the combat surprisingly enough as I thought that would be the issue. I am finding the level design and overall pacing to be boring. Why am I bored in a DMC game? Its not just that it is easy, there aren't any surprises, nothing that really mixes things up or wows me. Normally boss battles do this but I have only fought 3 bosses in 6 hours, WTF. And they have all been terrible.

I am enjoying the game it is just clearly inferior to the best 3 DMC games.

I like it...because I hate boss fights...:p

ezekial45

Banned
Oh yeah, did Dante say "lets get violent" at any point in the game? I heard him say it during the Eurogamer expo stream, but haven't heard it since.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
dmc_wallpaper_by_scotchlover-d56boq1.jpg

So since I didnt get this game at GS when can I play as Virgil?

The same time everyone else can I suppose. Preordering gets you the DLC free, but not any earlier. Sounds like it's coming in February.

Edit: So I unlocked the Samurai Weapons Skin pack, but I can't find it after beating the first mission. It's not under Skins/Perks. Do I have to wait until I get more weapons later or something? The three extra upgrade orbs were available, but not the skin...

Played the first two levels...

It's pretty cool so far.

I suck tho. I forget where the dodge button is...

and there are two of them.

:(

Too bad I got a paper to finish....

Not to be rude, serious question, then why would you play an action game?

Before every bossfight I have a fear that it's too hard or frustrating for me. I hate replaying boss fights multiple times ;)
Difficult boss fights lower my motivation to finish great games.
I don't know...it's just...they are distracting me...It's hard to describe

The same time everyone else can I suppose. Preordering gets you the DLC free, but not any earlier. Sounds like it's coming in February.

Edit: So I unlocked the Samurai Weapons Skin pack, but I can't find it after beating the first mission. It's not under Skins/Perks. Do I have to wait until I get more weapons later or something? The three extra upgrade orbs were available, but not the skin...

You can switch between the original skin and samurai as soon as you unlock the weapons after the 2nd mission.

Teknoman

We don't really know much about the costumes. They aren't on the retail console disc that's for sure. Only 2 alt costumes on the disc are jacket less Dante and all white hair DmC Dante. It's looking like DLC, most likely paid.

On the PC version the costume pack is free if you pre-order.

Cool, hopefully that'll activate for those who preordered via GMG.

Is this available in 1440x900?

V_Arnold

Practicing air juggle -> (helm breaker~enemy step~helm breaker)*2-3 for a good 15 minutes in training mode: my fingers sending me a message: "fuck you"....

Only played through the first two missions and Im loving it! Gameplay is so fun and smooth, and what little Ive seen of the story seems interesting enough and right up my alley.

Teknoman

Wub wub aside, DmC's soundtrack is growing on me since its kinda giving me vibes similar to DMC1 battle music.

The atmospheric tracks sound pretty cool too.

Ricker

No f*ck you...damn fighting,jumping,hooking crap on a 2 minute timer,jesus why do they do stuff like this...stopped for the night before I break something,was having fun until this garbage.

Cool. But it reminds me of some Call of Duty promotion. Maybe some of you know what I'm talking about.

But then again, if that's the case, good job marketing department since that's the kind of things you want to illicit from the general casual public.

The game already has the instant gratification of COD added to it with the way every 5 seconds some pop up comes up with what you have unlocked or are about to...hell, it even has kill streak bonuses.

Might as well go full retard.

Raxus

Man I forgot how much I hate starting DMC games. I have to earn all the weapons, upgrade the cool stuff, and miss a chunk of the game until my second playthrough. Not to mention how much I suck getting used to the new controls. Bleh...

Soundtrack gave me a headache too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if there would have been less hatred if this were a Vergil game, or if fans would hold Vergil even more dear.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just finished Mission 6 and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I was expecting it to be good but not THIS good. Love the environments. Really unique and interesting.

Top Bottom