• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Dahbomb

Mission 12

iCqd6RjWlMcpS.gif
That's the
Drak makes first appearance combined with a survival type area fighting against waves of enemies plus you get the Shotgun.

Yeah that mission was surprisingly bad ass.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dahbomb I want a "real talk" on DMC3's DMD. Is it..."balanced" for lack of better words? To get through even some of the earlier levels I had to make use of the explosion DT...and even then once the DT on enemies went off I had a really hard time taking the enemies out

I'm asking about this because I'm also curious on how DMD plays out in DmC. DMC4 was almost too easy. And DMC3...well what do you think?

I think it was pretty balanced. It made you think about each fight strategically, but what you needed to do was clear, and Dante was equipped to do it.

Oh, and DMC3 DMD Vergil was the amazing.
VergilTopTierwmv.gif

Dahbomb

What's Godfist, Dahbomb? The release timing of Gilgamesh's charged moves with DT?
Yeah... Full Steam Straight + Distortion.

The equivalent of that in this game would be Eryx Charge 2 "perfect" release + Demon Dodge buff + Devil Trigger. No one has done it but if my calculations are correct this take at least half life on a DMD boss.

Pretty much, GuardianE! I cheesed my way through Vergil 3. I did my best, but I needed like 15 vital stars. I just couldn't knock him out of his DT soon enough

I guess because of the differences in combat. I had a much better time understanding DMC DMD than DMC3.

Dahbomb

Pretty much, GuardianE! I cheesed my way through Vergil 3. I did my best, but I needed like 15 vital stars. I just couldn't knock him out of his DT soon enough

I guess because of the differences in combat. I had a much better time understanding DMC DMD than DMC3.
You need balls to take Vergil out of his DT.

Curufinwe

Yeah some of the enemy configurations look like they will provide a modicum of challenge to kill. I don't think it's TOO difficult but it's hard to tell without playing.

Nevan counter picks Enigmas, it's a must against them. I had a friend who had been stuck on DMD DMC3 for years because all he ever played was Swordmaster Rebellion + Beowulf combo. I showed him the power of Nevan, Artemis and Royal Guard... he was more enlightened than Hugh Jackman in the Fountain.

tumblr_lpj4vyuYGf1qbyfs4.gif

I suck at timing RG so I've never got past mission 3 on DMD.

Dahbomb

Then what do I do!? Lol His health recovers like crazy...and I am really not proficient with royal guard so I stuck with trickster. But I felt like I wasn't doing enough damage
You need to hit him with attacks on his recovery. If you hit him enough he will get knocked out of his DT. RG not required but it makes things a lot easier if you have the timing on his moves down. Just be careful because he has super armor during DT and you can't hit him out of moves.

Using items in a DMC game is not the "genuine" way to play DMC games.

Dahbomb

Has anyone figured out how to unlock DMC3 Dante yet?
That game journalist was playing with DMC3 Dante. Maybe he got some unlock code in his Doritos bag.

It looks like DLC but PC people get it for free if they pre-order it. Meaning I will be getting it free.

ezekial, that is a pretty bad ass avatar you have there from one of the best and most underrated movies of 2012.

On another note, sucks that PC release is on the 25th...but, I plan to take a day off from work then, going to put however many hours into this as required to get through the first difficulty to experience it in all its continuous glory. I hope bloody palace is not too far away...

antitrop

Weird, that the PC release is on a Friday. Means I won't be able to play it until that next Tuesday. I have a weird schedule for school/work where my busiest days of the week are Friday through Monday.

You need to hit him with attacks on his recovery. If you hit him enough he will get knocked out of his DT. RG not required but it makes things a lot easier if you have the timing on his moves down. Just be careful because he has super armor during DT and you can't hit him out of moves.

Using items in a DMC game is not the "genuine" way to play DMC games.

I know that son...about not using items. But it was so hard :( would it better if I told you I at least beat Nelo Angelo 3 with no items (and after 25 continues) ? Lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess the story's not so great, but Dante's actor delivers the lines SO well

'That's my boss.'
'Wonderful. Can't wait.'

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I guess the story's not so great, but Dante's actor delivers the lines SO well

'That's my boss.'
'Wonderful. Can't wait.'

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Dante's voice acting was one of the weakest parts of the story. He sounded rushed and muted, with very little of the attitude or apathy needed in the right places.

ezekial45

Banned
Hmmm. I'll have to give it a look. Not very familiar with the comic but I've heard nothing but good things about this film version. Thanks.

Yeah, that's one of the good things about being out on home video. People who didn't see finally can watch at their own leisure. It's best action/comic book movie of 2012. It's also a throwback to the 80's action movie, with hints of District 9 thrown in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Dante's voice acting was one of the weakest parts of the story. He sounded rushed and muted, with very little of the attitude or apathy needed in the right places.

No he's not. He voices everything perfectly in a 'kind of don't care'. It comes across as incredibly authentic rather than the usual voice acting of 'I AM READING A LINE'

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No he's not. He voices everything perfectly in a 'kind of don't care'. It comes across as incredibly authentic rather than the usual voice acting of 'I AM READING A LINE'

He's awful. He's only trumped by Vergil for worst voice actor in the game. Mundus was alright. Kat got better as the game went on.

Hagi

Well this is certainly a nice surprise only up to mission 4 and i'm having a blast. Story is decidedly cheesy and i love it. It certainly doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously which is a relief.

Wish that the two nephilim weapons were a kind of style switch like 4 instead of mapped to the back trigger.

So I got my Vergil code from Gamestop...what are we supposed to do with this? Are we supposed to put the code in now to the website they provide? Or actually wait until february when the DLC comes out?

Dahbomb

Just curious, how do you DMC vets feel about metal gear revengence? I watched some vids and it seems a bit on the boring side as cutting things up breaks up the action.
It's a very different kind of action game than DMC or Bayonetta. Less focus on high flying combos more on defensive grounded combat.

Personally I don't like the over abundance of cord ripping and slicing sequences but the basic combat is very solid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I got my Vergil code from Gamestop...what are we supposed to do with this? Are we supposed to put the code in now to the website they provide? Or actually wait until february when the DLC comes out?

If it's like Darksiders 2, you put the code in the site with an email and they email it to you when it's out.

Carbonox

I found another similar foreign film, called The Raid Redemption, also worth a watch.
Anyway, let's not get too off topic.

Just curious, how do you DMC vets feel about metal gear revengence? I watched some vids and it seems a bit on the boring side as cutting things up breaks up the action.

Metal Gear Rising is my most anticipated title of the year. Looks ridiculously fun.

chrono01

Go to http://www.devilmaycry.com/vergil/, enter the code [make sure you enter a correct/valid email address!], and wait until February for them to email you the DL code. It should say "Thank You" when completed, but unfortunately, no confirmation email [maybe that will come later?].

You might as well enter it now and get it out of the way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Pre-ordered. I guess since you actually have to work to do cool things, it can look boring, but I'm excited for it.

It's an excellent rental. I would be hard pressed to justify the $60 price tag on consoles but this is a very easy recommendation as a rental.

I really think that even the "haters" should at least be renting the game. I don't think Capcom/NT gets money off of rentals so people should try to at least do that. Hey you never know... you might actually dig it.

Yeah, that's what I did. I'm not satisfied with the writing I've seen in trailers or the fact that they put dubstep in the game. I really hope they choose a different genre in the sequel if there is one. =/

antitrop

I like a select amount of dubstep in the right situation, but that shit should not be anywhere near video games.

Though Far Cry 3 did have the "Best Use of Skrillex 2012". How is it used in DmC? Is it that obnoxious bullshit Skrillex "brostep", or real dubstep?

RangerBAD

It's a very different kind of action game than DMC or Bayonetta. Less focus on high flying combos more on defensive grounded combat.

Personally I don't like the over abundance of cord ripping and slicing sequences but the basic combat is very solid.

Me either. At least it's not required. No zandatsu, no need for cord ripping to regain it. It regens health too, I guess. No damage run here I come! Still a day one game. The game is more Ninja Gaiden then it is DMC. You are rewarded for efficiency over style.

Top Bottom