• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The twist isn't what ruins him, I was expecting that to happen. What ruins him is how he conducts himself during the ending.

If he wants to rule the humans fine, all he has to do is say nothing and wait for them to come to him, with demons running around it's harder to think of someone better to put in charge than the guy who destroyed Mundus and his system. Instead he broaches the topic in the most idiotic manner possible at the worst moment possible. It's because of him that Dante develops the way he does, it destroys his credibility as an intelligent person to think his brother would have no issues with his plan. Not only that there's no reason for them to fight, Dante isn't racing Vergil to Mundus' secret mind control ray or anything that would add a sense of urgency to make fighting right then necessary, it's something that two characters portrayed as being so close should be able to talk out. It makes their friendship hollow to turn instantly to murder like that.
Have to agree with you.

The ending was no better in the context of the game than it was when I watched it on youtube. Vergil's heel turn could have easily been saved for a 2nd game instead of being almost shoehorned in for the DMC3 throwback. The overall story wasn't great but I did enjoy the relationship between the twins and the banter between the two in Mission 18 is one of my favorite parts of the game. Just a missed opportunity to do something unique with this universe.

Dahbomb

Yeah, it's got an immense moveset, and I do love that about it. It's just that it doesn't feel properly built for the game - Dante reacts weirdly to the Devil Bringer, and I've always had tons of trouble beating him "stylishly" even though he's not super hard to kill normally. I dunno.
Yea you can easily exploit the Devil Bringer to make the boss fight a breeze. Comboing him also takes a little getting used to. People do have stylish vs Dante videos and they are fucking bad ass.

Agreed, friend. Then the platforming starts. I probably would have given this a 9 if the platforming was cut down. As it stands now it makes the mission quality very hit or miss. Some are amazing, some I never want to see again.
I read the bolded as "if my money hats bundle had arrived sooner I would've given this a 9".

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, it's got an immense moveset, and I do love that about it. It's just that it doesn't feel properly built for the game - Dante reacts weirdly to the Devil Bringer, and I've always had tons of trouble beating him "stylishly" even though he's not super hard to kill normally. I dunno.

Yea you can easily exploit the Devil Bringer to make the boss fight a breeze. Comboing him also takes a little getting used to. People do have stylish vs Dante videos and they are fucking bad ass.

Exhibit A
http://youtu.be/azLT90VUTJY?t=3m6s

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Surprisingly got this from gamefly already, but I had class and work so I just started now. For some reason the disc is making my 360 sound really weird and I had 2-3 instances where the cutscenes badly chugged for a second or two...I'll try installing it.

The second boss fight against Dante on DMD (so he has his full moveset) would be utterly godlike, though, if Nero had access to Royal Guard. Can you imagine?

If DmC didn't entertain me in the way I wanted, I would take the disc from my console, smash it into pieces and send the shards to Capcom JP and NT

Love this game so far. Playing it on Nephillam (sp?) difficulty and its really fun. The graphics are top notch on the 360. One of the best unreal engine games in that department.

Lucent

Before every bossfight I have a fear that it's too hard or frustrating for me. I hate replaying boss fights multiple times ;)
Difficult boss fights lower my motivation to finish great games.
I don't know...it's just...they are distracting me...It's hard to describe

Boss fights only bother me if they're cheap. I saw the boss fights in the other games as a challenge and always felt awesome when if finally beat them. Nightmare in the first DMC on Dante Must Die was soooo hard for me but I beat him. I got to Mundus' final form in DMD mode and that was as far as I could go. I don't know how you can beat him. =l

Just finished it, 8:42. I really enjoyed it and my rankings fall like this. DMC3>DmC>DMC4>>>>DMC2.
I won't rank DMC1 since its been many years since I beat it to completion so I'm not sure where to place it. I'm looking really forward to Bloody Palace and Vergil's DLC.

K.Sabot

God, the later difficulties suck.

A shit ton of blue / red enemies, they really don't want me to have any fun with this at all.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
God, the later difficulties suck.

A shit ton of blue / red enemies, they really don't want me to have any fun with this at all.
The red/blue enemies being completely awful seem to be the one thing everyone agrees on. Whoever thought of that shit deserves an Inoki slap, with no respect attached.

iReK89AdSS4si.gif

okay on mission 5 I believe
the succubus one where you are in the virility factory
how the hell do you reach the floating cargo box thing with the blue thread door you gotta break open with osiris?

The missions are very metroidvania like.

A lot of the missions will have secrets and shit that can only be obtained by the acquisition of skills and weapons later on. Thus, promoting replay value. You essentially have to play this game twice to get and see everything.

1) Vergil DMC3
2) Nelo Angelo
3) Credo Angelo
4) Agni and Rudra
5) Phantom
6) Berial
7) Dante
8) Beowulf
9) Cerberus
10) Mundus
This is a very agreeable list. Saviour fucking sucked (except for the ability to parry the statue's hits). Vergil 1+2+3 in DMC3 might be the best boss fights in gaming.

How's that?

First issue:
When I start running to get Ebony and Ivory, there's this hole where I keep falling

Second Issue:
After I cleared the demonic tiltawhirl that's when I have to do double jump. Why can't I get to the ledge? It maybe me, but it looks like I can't access that area, even though I could. That's when I stopped playing for now. Shades of Enslaved gameplay all over again.

you suck?

may the force be with you?

Not my fault. I'm doing what the tutorial is asking me to do; the mechanics are just not working for me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
First issue:
When I start running to get Ebony and Ivory, there's this hole where I keep falling

Second Issue:
After I cleared the demonic tiltawhirl that's when I have to do double jump. Why can't I get to the ledge? It maybe me, but it looks like I can't access that area, even though I could. That's when I stopped playing for now. Shades of Enslaved gameplay all over again.

Not my fault. I'm doing what the tutorial is asking me to do; the mechanics are just not working for me.

You're definitely going to enjoy the rest of the platforming in this game

ibzTVv0RmuYnvT.gif

Game is fucking awesome, music and mo caps are excellent. I keep replaying the first mission for collection purposes and to get fully acclimated with the controls. Been upgrading like a sonofabitch. New Dante is like Hayden Christensen mixed with Garcia Hotspur. What an eclectic mix.

Never seen such a raw sexual and sleazy introduction to game like this before. Very well done. Applause.

Going to let you know, since you seem into that 100% kind of stuff, like I said above some secret cannot be obtained during the 1st playthrough. You have to acquire later weapons and skills and then you can go back via mission select to collet the secrets and complete the secret missions. Just wanted to let you know so you don't spend hours trying to make that "impossible jump."

Top Bottom