• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

ezekial45

Banned
Not going to go into any detail yet tiill i have my rental copy.

But the reviews are justified.

DMC is dead. Long live DmC.

e2c3594141847915572e2d474078ff746c472d0_r.gif

Not going to go into any detail yet tiill i have my rental copy.

But the reviews are justified.

DMC is dead. Long live DmC.

If you saying that you went to a friends house and got the impression he was enjoying the game, this concept is obvious. The hardcore DMC fans within NEOGAF is a bubble within a bubble, the people "out-there" don't care that the game isn't has hardcorezz as it used to be. They just want a fun experience.

Or, if you're implying something else than never mind.

Also, ask your friend if Capcom paid him off for his positive impressions.

EDIT: Ezekial must be on cloud 9, yes - good game is good game. But you have to admit this isn't DMC5, but then appropriately it isn't even called DMC5. So it all works out then doesn't it?

Andrew.

Banned
look at the arcade machines youre beating up in the first mission.

obviously wasnt supposed to aimed at the kids. thus, explaining why so many hate the soundtrack.

Dahbomb

These sound like his own expression.. as in from the POV of a hardcore DMC fan.

Damn ToS you better post something in detail or I am going to declare that you have just eaten massive crow.

Man someone send GuardianE a copy so we can get this hype train rolling.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So far this has been pretty much what I expected, graphics look better than anticipated though. I also like the changes they've made to secret doors using keys and the game saving the items you collect.

Andrew.

Banned
Going to let you know, since you seem into that 100% kind of stuff, like I said above some secret cannot be obtained during the 1st playthrough. You have to acquire later weapons and skills and then you can go back via mission select to collet the secrets and complete the secret missions. Just wanted to let you know so you don't spend hours trying to make that "impossible jump."

Thanks for letting me know. Im only on Mission 2 but I can already tell that Ill have to replay which I have no issues doing. Such a refreshment. The only real modern beat em ups Ive played have been the OG Xbox Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta.

The Lamp

Figured this was an amazing thread to ask this question lol.

I've only got limited time and money right now. I might get both eventually, but for right now, I've never played a Devil May Cry game....so...

Should I get this one or buy the DMC HD Collection?

If you saying that you went to a friends house and got the impression he was enjoying the game, this concept is obvious. The hardcore DMC fans within NEOGAF is a bubble within a bubble, the people "out-there" don't care that the game isn't has hardcorezz as it used to be. They just want a fun experience.

Or, if you're implying something else than never mind.

Also, ask your friend if Capcom paid him off for his positive impressions.

EDIT: Ezekial must be on cloud 9, yes - good game is good game. But you have to admit this isn't DMC5, but then appropriately it isn't even called DMC5. So it all works out then doesn't it?

Take your NT defence hat off. I was hinting on my own impressions. I still maintain this is the point where DMC stops being a series I love, to simply being just another videogame, but the fact is the game is quite good.

I just will never accept the OG series needed to be killed in the process. It will be missed. (Don't even both with the 2 series at the same time crap, its not going to happen).

Risette

A Good Citizen

I've only got limited time and money right now. I might get both eventually, but for right now, I've never played a Devil May Cry game....so...

I don't want to be that guy but the HD collection is like $10 now so both is an acceptable non-asshole answer to your question

Teknoman

Is that GMG 25% deal still available for PC pre-orders? I got on that shit and I totally feel like this game is going to be worth $35 on day 1.

GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 give it a shot.

It should be.

To the other guy get the DMC HD now and wait for PC version. Or get both I don't care.

DMC HD + PC version is the best option imo. I mean if you really can get HD for ten bucks, thats definitely a no brainer. And with GMG deals floating around, probably wont get it for cheaper until crazy Steam sale season.

Just beat the first mission. I still have a ways to go but the game is really good. I've liked all of Ninja Theory's games to a varying degrees, but this is easily their most polished.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

DMC HD collection would give you a lot more bang for your buck, then you can get this later when the price is lower. I think DMCHD is already pretty cheap now.

Picked up DmC today for the 360, as that version seems to have a bit of an edge in the performance area. I played through the first two levels, and I have to say, it's pretty damn cool. They ease you into things (like grappling), unlike in the demo, where they just toss you in the deep end right off the bat.

I think I'm going to have a blast with this.

Cheska

I know it was silly, but the part in the first chapter where
the white wig falls on Dante's head
got me chuckling :p

Dahbomb

I have to say, this crow I am eating tastes vile.

So much time and energy wasted.

Never again.
At least beat the game before eating crow. Game starts off as a 9+ but deteriorates in the latter half into an 8 IMO. When I played the first 3-4 missions I thought I had to come in here and declare crow eaten.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Never again.

This is why I don't judge things until I have experienced it myself.

At least beat the game before eating crow. Game starts off as a 9+ but deteriorates in the latter half into an 8 IMO. When I played the first 3-4 missions I thought I had to come in here and declare crow eaten.
Can't be worse than the Darksiders 2 drop off of being a 10 game into a 7.5 going by the last half.

TheGrue

Only had time to play the first mission, but I have to say....pretty fucking awesome. Don't think I am going to miss the old DMC so much.

ezekial45

Banned
*dead*

Ezekial was right.

Of course I was. :)

But really, this is awesome that people are giving it a chance and coming away pleased. Obviously, I don't deserve much praise, I haven't worked on this game or anything, but I'm glad that people saw the same potential and fun in it that I've experienced from it.

Hopefully there's no hard feelings, everybody. We all just want what's best for the series, after all.

Never again.

I just wish that the people who continue to hate this game excessively would maybe realize that too. Not to say you're like them, but these folks are just wasting their own time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm kinda grateful my DS2 save fucked up and didn't let me enter the Earth realm, the way niggas be talking about it :lol

I had no issues with the earth realm I plowed through it in about 20 minutes. It's just the that world 3 and 4 are really shallow compared to how big and expansive 1 and 2 was.

9o1aQ.png

Christmas time is over mothersuck
er

i havent the time nor inclination to search for my original avi

it stays till I can be bothered to change it.

I don't even need to beat it to do that. There is plenty that I don't like about this new DmC, please don't take my statement as a sign that ive changed my view of what the game represents for the fanbase. However, It has achieved the objective it was set out to do and has done it quite well.

I would take DMC5, hell even DMC4 BP edition over this in a heart beat, but after playing the final game, I just can't see it happening even more than before. If i was to change this thread title it would be..... DmC |OT| Good enough.

By the gods of olympus. It looks like NT's money hats got to you. They got to me early with a trip to their offices a long time ago to play test the game.

=)

Your rabid defence of the game is still unjustified in places, no matter how much you are recognised vet. It's very clear your tastes in general have just changed over the years.

Dahbomb

This is why I don't judge things until I have experienced it myself.

Can't be worse than the Darksiders 2 drop off of being a 10 game into a 7.5 going by the last half.
You can read my review in the review thread's OP where I go more in detail with the pacing but this game is NO WHERE NEAR the quality drop that is in DS2. The overall pacing in the game is very solid, it ends exactly when it should've ended and doesn't overstay it's welcome.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

The game's quality is pretty spotty. Missions 1-4 and 11-13 are EXCELLENT. Then you've got some some mediocre bosses and the platforming focused level design sprinkled throughout. Personally I don't think Missions 5-10 are any better than 14-19.

Top Bottom