• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The more I think about this game, the more I like it. Don't want to score it until I play Bloody Palace. I think the game will shine there.

Is it only your first score that stays on the leader board? Does it not update if you go back to get a higher rating?

It updates, just not right away.

Dahbomb

waiting for PC version? Isn't that where most of the DMC4 vids came from?
Not initially, the first batch of combo videos were on the console version. PC version didn't come until months later.

There is no need to learn the Parry timing, just face in the direction of the attack and spam Pop.

I realized that since Vergil doesn't have Angel/Demon weapons his missions are not going to have Red/Blue enemies. HELL YEA!

Cheska

It updates, just not right away.

Phew, about ten minutes later it updated. I've been going back and doing some of the missions over since I got the Aquila.

Also, hollllly shit at Mission 12
that was really fun stuff. I love that it was just pure action, even if the last minute was pretty damn sad. Though it did make me appreciate Dante even more.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ehh fuck it i'll preorder tonight on steam via GMG with their discount.
Welcome to DmC-GAF, pauly.

Also, hollllly shit at Mission 12
that was really fun stuff. I love that it was just pure action, even if the last minute was pretty damn sad. Though it did make me appreciate Dante even more.

Best mission in the game. Mission 12 is when Donte became Dante.

Dahbomb

Everything about it is new. New missions, story, content, unlockables, etc. etc.
It even has new enemies. I saw 2 enemies in the Vergil DLC trailer that were not in the main game. Bummer as I wanted to fight them, they looked really good. Also the Vergil DLC story wise takes place after the ending of DmC, so there might be some extra story stuff in it.

WHEN'S THE GOD DAMN TITLE UPDATE????

A couple new combos featuring fully stacked Kablooey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fFaJYx11dbQ

Dead

well not really...yet
I wonder if NT will do a solo Kat DLC after the Vergil one. Could be cool.

So far I'm really happy with the campaign, the combat is definitely satisfying, the visual design is outstanding, and new Dante isn't any worse than old Dante. With Bloody Palace coming as a free update this is an alltogether decent package for a full price game.

Length seems decent too as im about 4 hours and a half into it and just finished chapter 7.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It was impressive that's for sure, but I think I'd say that the Lillith club mission was on par with it. The lights, music, and means of traversal were all good stuff.

I wish they didn't show that level in previews. It would have been so much more impressive seeing it for the first time while going through the game.

Sargerus

Banned
managed to play a little bit today on my friend's X360 , only 5 missions though.

I still can't like the new Dante, he's just too serious sometimes, like a mix between DMC1 and DMC2 personalities.

Vergil's voice actor is horrible, i miss Dan Southworth :(

Combat is okay, i noticed a little delay to do some combos and the absence of lock-on is still a negative to me.

DmC strongest point so far is the level design, NT really did a good job there.

Dahbomb

GET WITH THE TIMES POPS
tumblr_m5jy5wrWaf1ryrroio1_500.gif

Teknoman

you gotta say this about DMC, it's great how they're inspired by They Live

GET WITH THE TIMES POPS

I never understood "Flock off featherface, or stick around and find out the hard way". Flock off I get, but stick around and find out the hard way seemed outta place since he never asked Dante anything. Unless he made some son of sparda crack that I missed.

Dahbomb

I never understood "Flock off featherface, or stick around and find out the hard way". Flock off I get, but stick around and find out the hard way seemed outta place since he never asked Dante anything. Unless he made some son of sparda crack that I missed.
Griffon asks him if he's really the son of Sparda. Dante says stick around and find out the hard way which means to fight him in battle so that he can see his skills first hands.

Pretty staightforward.

barrbarr

I just beat the game, and I thought it was great. I played it on Nephilim, and I have to say it was too easy. I managed to get an S or an A on every level. Has anyone run into any glitches? Because I am looking at my mission select screen and while I can choose any mission, non of them have the grades on them anymore.

Edit: never mind, turns out when I turned the game back on it switched from Nephilim to Human, now I'm a bit annoyed. I really wanted to play this game on it's hardest difficulty really sucks that this happened.

Teknoman

Griffon asks him if he's really the son of Sparda. Dante says stick around and find out the hard way which means to fight him in battle so that he can see his skills first hands.

Pretty staightforward.

Must have not been paying attention during that part, but I was thinking thats how it went. Kinda sounded muffled (both Phantom and Griffon compared to Dante, Trish, and Mundus) so that probably played a part.

Dahbomb

Man, i just played the demo and am conflicted with what i experience there juxtaposed to whats being said here. In the demo bossfight, dante has this 'jersey shore' attitude which just comes off as juvenile. Can someone address this and also give me some insight ad how the ps3 ver performs despite drop in frames in cutscences?

Thanks
PS3 version performs fine during the game play, it's really only the cutscenes where it has issues.

That cutscene is NOT representative of Dante's character or the overall tone of the game. Yea the game is a bit cheesy/campy but not to that level. Dante's character is a bit more subdued and serious than that. That entire cutscene feels out of place in the game... but because of it's out there nature it ends up being hilariously fun anyway.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm gonna savor this experience. I've been playing nonstop since the beginning and I stopped just at the beginning of Mission 13. It's pretty damn great.

I just wish people would stop with these dumbass "protests" where they go on amazon and metacritic to bash the game.

Dahbomb

I'm gonna savor this experience. I've been playing nonstop since the beginning and I stopped just at the beginning of Mission 13. It's pretty damn great.

I just wish people would stop with these dumbass "protests" where they go on amazon and metacritic to bash the game.
Why does this bother you so much? No one gives a shit about user Metacritic scores.

Haters gonna hate. SSSuck it.

i8U0ZvzcBIyNl.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Why does this bother you so much? No one gives a shit about user Metacritic scores.

Haters gonna hate. SSSuck it.

i8U0ZvzcBIyNl.gif

It's pretty disheartening to know that users will go out of the way and give the game a score that doesn't even remotely represent what the game is. I'm sure NT will be disappointed by the fan reception due to this. It's pretty sad really.

ezekial45

Banned
I know publishers/devs don't pay attention to metacritic user scores, but when they're spamming Amazon user critics, that could pose a problem. It's damn irritating is what it is.

Top Bottom