• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Dahbomb

There is literally one decent boss in the entire game: the very last one.
Bolverk is pretty bad ass too.

20110725172923!Bolverk_with_Freki_%26_Geri.jpg

If they ever do a DMC: Bloody Palace edition I want to fight Bolverk and Despair Embodied remade for a new engine.

Ugh I can't believe i keep losing to the giant brawler monsters in the vertility factory. I hate them.
Not pro enough son. Get good you're nothing.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bolverk is pretty bad ass too.

If they ever do a DMC: Bloody Palace edition I want to fight Bolverk and Despair Embodied remade for a new engine.

Not pro enough son. Get good you're nothing.

I forgot about that guy. He was pretty good, especially since he had wolves on your ass the entire fight.

Whichever series of DMC comes next, I hope they go back to medium sized bosses and add in more humanoid ones. More shit like Beowulf, Agni & Rudra, and Vergil, and less like the Saviour.

Which automatically makes him better than 90% of the bosses in DMC2.

Also Phantom was in DMC2 as well so I guess that's 3 decent bosses that game had.

When I was playing DMC2 I felt bad whenever an enemy or boss came back from DMC1. I was like "man you deserve better than this".

Edit: This is a pretty good retrospective / review on DMC2 (after the player Let's Played the entire game on DMD 100%):
http://polsy.org.uk/play/blip/?vurl...-s-play-devil-may-cry-2-retrospective-5425572

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why does this bother you so much? No one gives a shit about user Metacritic scores.

Haters gonna hate. SSSuck it.

i8U0ZvzcBIyNl.gif

Dude, where did that gif come from?

Ugh I can't believe i keep losing to the giant brawler monsters in the vertility factory. I hate them.

The camera in that section was FUCKING TERRIBLE. I can't believe the same people who designed the amazing Night Club made the Virility factory.

Esura

Banned
DMC2 is literally broken on so many basic design levels that would be one hell of a crazy argument. Enemies like the infected tank are the complete antithesis of fun.

I didn't have much of a problem with the tanks.

Sounds like you've got something you'd like to admit to the group. When did you first realize you liked DMC2? How did that make you feel?

What? I like DMC2, it's not a big deal to make. I consider it the weakest of the main DMC series though but I'd still rate it higher than many other action games. One major thing that bugged me about the game was the lack of funny lines from that Dante and him pretending to be Harvey Dent.

BoSox06DH

So far I'm enjoying the game very much. The most important aspect of a DMC game (any game really) is the game play and I'm having fun with that and greatly enjoying the environments throughout so far. One question I thought about is when the Vergil DLC comes out will we be able to use him in Bloody Palace? I figure that perhaps the Vergil DLC is kinda its own stand alone experience IDK. Hope I'm worrying for nothing.

Dahbomb

Struggling to come up with action games worse than DMC2:

Too Human
Genji 2
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Vanilla)
Ninja Blade
Heavenly Sword
Nano Breaker
Bujingai
Chaos Legion
Rygar (the new one on Wii)
Castlevania games on the PS2

All of these are extremely debatable IMO.

Vergil is NOT playable in Bloody Palace.

Too Human
Genji 2
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Vanilla)
Ninja Blade
Heavenly Sword
Nano Breaker
Bujingai
Chaos Legion

Wasn't the Rygar game on the Wii a straight port of the PS2 game?

I forgot that I have Ninja Blade for the PC... hmm....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I absolutely love the environmental design in this game so much. It's really unique, cool, and just plain interesting to be in.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I just noticed that the fire demon in DMC2 might as well be the one in DMC4. At least he got to shine on in a different form, in a better game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I should have recorded my playthrough of bloody palace in DMC2. It would be great material to fall asleep to I think.

I think I literally dozed off in the middle of my DMC2 Bloody Palace run, and woke back up to finish. It takes fucking forever, and is the most boring shit. I'm pretty sure that was my last achievement of the entire collection.

vg260

Oh man. I need to bust out my never-worn DMC2 pre-order T-shirt from Babbage's and replay DMC2.

I actually played it, but don't remember how awful it was.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Too Human
Genji 2
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Vanilla)
Ninja Blade
Heavenly Sword
Nano Breaker
Bujingai
Chaos Legion

ಠ_ಠ

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'd easily take Ninja Gaiden 3 over DMC2. Too Human and DMC2 are on the same tier. Both games are absolutely broken.

I figured as much still pretty beat though.

I think a big reason he isn't in is because Vergil doesn't have a way to deal with color coded enemies. That means we'll be free of those awful enemies in Vergil's Downfall so I guess there's a bright side to it.

TGMIII

I think I literally dozed off in the middle of my DMC2 Bloody Palace run, and woke back up to finish. It takes fucking forever, and is the most boring shit. I'm pretty sure that was my last achievement of the entire collection.

I did a 24hr stream of the HD collection and had 150-200 people, most of which had never seen DMC2. We got to the infected chopper boss and everyone had enough, we just skipped to 3. What where they thinking with those infected enemies.

Dahbomb

Don't read too much into the list I was just brainstorming some average action games off the top off my head. Chaos Legion is for sure a better game than DMC2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, they are. I couldn't clear the secret mission with green rings because of them.

This one was annoying as hell but I did it without any additional weapons due to some lucky spawns of the green rings. This was the most annoying spot to have no lock on, I really wanted to just specifically pull them in and get them out of the way. I had a few cases of the two chainsaw guys being the last two left with 15 seconds left, then they would do their charge attack and I failed.

Nemesis_

it's been interesting to watch the response to this over time. it looks like the backlash has died out.

My circle of IRL friends were reminding me of how quickly I've done a quick 180 of the game. You could probably find some posts here from me wishing Capcom to go broke because of the decision to farm the game out to Ninja Theory.

But now I love it, and despite it lacking the depth of a DMC game, it's still quite enjoyable to play.

They also said it was funny how my opinion changed after, "you know, PLAYING THE GAME" in their words.

I did have a chuckle to myself, and I can't believe I am here actually singing praise for it still.

But it is fun.

Too Human
Genji 2
Ninja Gaiden 3 (Vanilla)
Ninja Blade
Heavenly Sword
Nano Breaker
Bujingai
Chaos Legion

Dynasty Warriors?

Calcaneus

I love the devil may cry games, but I wouldn't call myself hardcore in any way. I played each of them (excluding 2) twice and thats about it.

I plan on getting the pc version at some point, it looks really nice and the gameplay looks fun from what I see.

I really have the urge to play 4 again, too.

In anticipation of the this game, I've decided to play through DMC and DMC2 again (against my better judgement).

Less than 3 minutes in and DMC practically has me on the floor. Trish electrocutes, impales, and motorcycle slams Dante within the first 3 minutes and less than a minute later she says "I'm not your enemy" and they walk off to the first mission. This is going to be good.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
What I was getting at is that these pathetic attempts at sabotage could have an influence on people interested in the game that aren't not in the know.

I bought it out of spite :p

Turns out I'm having a blast and am thinking about picking up the HD collection because of my experience with this game.

Bleep

I'm not going to buy this game, but I have a quick question for those who do to stave off my curiosity. Does the new gauntlett weapon, Eryx, not have any of the kicking moves from the previous games? It would be weird if it didn't have the killer bee dive kick, it is such a staple move for that weapon type. It would also be disappointing to see the bee hive rapid kicks from Beowulf/Giglamesh going away.

Mike M

Nick N
I died like four times against Bob Bardas (For the life of me, I could not dodge the walls and get to the nodes fast enough to save my life before they started regenerating.

Still got an S rank.

Come the fuck on.

Top Bottom