• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Carbonox

Can you give a brief summary of all the secret missions? You should probably spoiler it.

I can't remember some I did as I didn't do all of them in one go.

In general though, they usually involve the following:

1. Get from point A to point B within the time given.
2. Kill all the enemies in the allotted time.
3. Kill the enemies in a certain way or they don't take damage:
* They only take damage in the air
* They only take damage when boosted by demon dodge
* They only take damage with a certain weapon or whatever

There was also one where you couldn't use the same move twice.

They're all pretty easy apart from the one I mentioned before.

does DMC fans even want a DmC2?

Yes. I would like to see more from the DmC universe. I would also like to see DMC5 but at this point as long as we see more Devil May Cry, I'm happy.

ha ha "spite"?..thats your only motivation huh?..

what you are, is far, far worse than the "rabid fans" you speak ill of.

Nah, what I am is someone who isn't so blockheaded that I get in a tizzy everytime a game or film series is rebooted or changed. See, reasonable people have the ability to step back and consider that sometimes their own needs don't necessarily reflect a larger reality that they're often not aware of. The rest toil away, composing internet boycotts and fighting the good ol' fight in message boards.

Rock on!

V_Arnold

Really interested on what you guys think they should put in DmC2 after enjoying this one. This is mostly geared towards the casual fans because I already know what the DMC fans would want in DmC2.

You should probably assume that it would be coming on next-gen.

-60fps on consoles as well
-Speed up certain moves for Dante. He has aged, after all. But do it as an upgrade. For example, Angel/Demon "hook" should be more like instant teleports, or something VERY close to that. That would speed up the combat greatly
-Definitely think about this color coded stuff - but if they leave it there, make sure to have a way for Rebellion to become "color coded" for a brief time. Think of it as an exceed option for Rebellion, only with two colors. That would work wonders.
-Expand on the weapons with bold, really bold new additions. The final armory should be anything between 3-4 weapons for angel/demon side, at least a new weapon alongside rebellion (I am hoping really hard for a STAFF. A classic bo or daibo.)
-Include Kat as playable character (wishlist-material :p)
-Work on better scaling bosses for higher difficulties. Demon Dodge should not be THIS empowering.

Bam. That WOULD be on the level of any previous DMC's, no matter how hard others would argue. If executed properly, of course.

The main idea really would be that a few years should pass, Dante aged and "refined" his weapons. Both Arbiter and Eryx should reflect that with new looks and/or abilities - less bulkiness, more precise power. Things like that.

Anteater

Played through the first ten chapters of this now. Really enjoying it. Some flaws (Don't like the blue and red enemies :/), but mostly really cool.

Also, AMAZING art direction. The script is getting (Was getting, maybe? Dunno if people are still moaning) a lot of largely unwarranted hate. It's not amazing, but it's definitely not too bad either.

I do like the dialogues better than the previous games, some wasted potentials and the direction could be a lot better, but eh, it's not bad, I don't know why people jumping on dante's dialogues against the demons, since they were meant to be tongue in cheek, he never had any meaningful conversation with them to begin with.

So far I don't like some enemy combat design but I need to play a bit more to see what I might be missing.

Enemy feedbacks also don't feel good at all. The art and environmental design do look pretty as hell though, if they get more budget and better hardware, they might be onto something.

LTWheels

Really interested on what you guys think they should put in DmC2 after enjoying this one. This is mostly geared towards the casual fans because I already know what the DMC fans would want in DmC2.

Other than the bog standard 60fps response; I would like each weapon to have one equipment slot. In this slot you can attach a modifier that slightly changes the weapon, similar to the skills system in Diablo 3.

EG, for handguns:
Increase damage.
Increase rate of fire.
Adds a 4th stage to the charge shots.
Charge shot charges quicker.
Charges shots are always perfect, but reduced damage and style increase.

Dahbomb

What I would want from DmC2:

*60FPS series staple. No excuse for it in next-gen.
*Faster moves as stated. Rainstorms should be sped up dramatically, no more hit stops during and after moves, the Demon pull should be at least Devil Bringer fast and the Angel Pull should just be replaced by the Air Trike Teleport.
*Style gauge adjusted to be more like DMC3's.
*Taunts returned in fully glory.
*Timing Angel dodge gives you 3 "teleport" like moves that can be linked together ala Table Hopper
*Demon Dodge greatly adjusted in terms of power and style gain
*There should be a "Demon Glide" equivalent to Angel Glide in DmC2. It wouldn't be a Demon Glide though, pressing R2 + A would just instantly drop Dante to the ground ala Meteor Strike from DS2.
*I like the idea of weapons like Arbiter/Osiris getting new looks and new moves. They definitely need their speeds adjusted and in the case of Osiris its hit boxes adjusted. I want to see return of Nunchuks, dual swords, Lucifer type weapon etc.
*BETTER BOSS FIGHTS!!! I want more human sized or medium sized bosses with multiple moves. PLEASE NO CINEMATIC BREAKS IN BOSS FIGHTS! I can handle a couple "presentation" bosses like the Bob fight not every boss needs to be a hulking grotesque monstrosity.
*More enemies like Drek please. Color coated enemies should only receive EXTRA damage from the color not 0 damage from using anything else. And there should be a subtle way of communicating this to the player than "red enemy use red weapon".
*More open level design. I want Dante to take on missions as he develops his trade and shop. Both Main and Sub missions. They can add traversal/platforming stuff as you get to specific missions. It can work like a MM game where you can choose to fight a certain boss fight/mission and you may acquire a weapon that might be effective against another boss.
*Bad ass Vergil please.

In this slot you can attach a modifier that slightly changes the weapon
This is basically the Darksiders 1 method of customizing weapons by "slotting" in items. This isn't a bad idea at all but they should avoid random or powerful modifiers.

Nah, what I am is someone who isn't so blockheaded that I get in a tizzy everytime a game or film series is rebooted or changed. See, reasonable people have the ability to step back and consider that sometimes their own needs don't necessarily reflect a larger reality that they're often not aware of. The rest toil away, composing internet boycotts and fighting the good ol' fight in message boards.

Rock on!

neh, you're a petty hypocrite who rather than ignore a particular posters opinion, chimes in wishing the opposite of what that poster and others desire, admittedly having no horse in the race..out of simple , petty, "spite".

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Just some thoughts on what I played so far:
-60 locked on consoles
-Get rid of the red/blue mobs
-Some sort of tutorial of decent combos/cancels with weapon switching to get you started
-A theater mode like NG2 had where people can record and upload
-Less gimmicky bosses
-Possibly a setting that would increase/decrease the precision and timing needed for combos which would also have an effect on scoring. Maybe just make it a requirement in the higher difficulties

neh, you're a petty hypocrite who rather than ignore a particular posters opinion, chimes in wishing the opposite of what that poster and others desire, admittedly having no horse in the race..out of simple , petty, "spite".

Thankfully, I don't have to go through the seemingly endless strain of ignoring babble from folks like yourself in threads like this. Instead, I can simply post my opinion as well. Neat, huh?

*kisses*

Dahbomb

-A theater mode like NG2 had where people can record and upload
Oh man this so much.

-Possibly a setting that would increase/decrease the precision and timing needed for combos which would also have an effect on scoring. Maybe just make it a requirement in the higher difficulties
That would be an impossible thing to implement as it would fuck with the balance. Turbo mode yes for sure as it has been done before. I like the idea of tweaking the difficulty of missions and being rewarded for it sort of like the Map system in PoE or more I guess the Skulls system in Halo. Put on Handicaps on the player (like DT does not regain health or enemies fall faster or they don't give purple orbs) that will boost their style points so that people can really push themselves during mission runs.

Anteater

What's with the dodge in this game anyway? You could cancel out of attacks but there's a delay, I hate having to work around it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

He's 100 times more juvenile, ignorant, and dismissive than the fabricated fanbase he's ridiculing. Don't waste your time.

What's with the dodge in this game anyway? You could cancel out of attacks but there's a delay, I hate having to work around it.

Pretty sure you can't cancel certain attacks at all.

-Work on better scaling bosses for higher difficulties. Demon Dodge should not be THIS empowering.

There should be better bosses in general. And more of them. The scaling isn't the problem, it's their design.

Most has been mentioned already but I want to emphasize the human or middle-sized bosses. Credo in DMC4 is one of my favourite boss fights period and I want more of that.

I also wouldn't be opposed to playing a game where you play a split storyline between Dante and Vergil as long as it doesn't involve treading old ground like in DMC4.

Carbonox

On top of what folks already said - give me a fucking good gauntlet/grieves weapon. Eryx stinks and has terrible design. I want varying levels of kicks and punches. Flurries and whatnot. Gilgamesh + Beowulf = sex all over my face. Lack of lock-on may limit to a degree but I'm sure they can think of workarounds.

Dahbomb

It's for balancing purposes. Some moves you can cancel out of whenever but others you can't do it instantly you have to wait for the recovery animations to kick in.

Something like Trinity Smash is beastly on the lower difficulties because it doesn't matter much if you get clipped after doing it, you don't take much damage. On higher difficulties using that move without having the luxury to evade out makes it so that you have to actually think about when you want to use it.

Anteater

Pretty sure you can't cancel certain attacks at all.

Yea, you could cancel for some of the normal slashes, but it's not right after you press the button, it's not after the animation finishes either, it's kind of annoying since I don't know what the rules are :(

V_Arnold

There should be better bosses in general. And more of them. The scaling isn't the problem, it's their design.

I understand that. I am pretty sure that they know that they have to bring better bosses, so that is covered already ,hopefully. But they still should scale better with damage across difficulties.

Thankfully, I don't have to go through the seemingly endless strain of ignoring babble from folks like yourself in threads like this. Instead, I can simply post my opinion as well. Neat, huh?

*kisses*

thats one heck of a non sequitur, then you have the nerve to claim some highground of reason..you lost any leg you had to stand on mentioning spite. you're a comic book character, a petty one at that, i'm done.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I understand that. I am pretty sure that they know that they have to bring better bosses, so that is covered already ,hopefully. But they still should scale better with damage across difficulties.

But you didn't list it. It's probably one of the most important things to address to get DmC closer to the caliber of DMC.

Dahbomb

I also think that Parry is WAY too powerful in the game. Basically Parrying any physical attack of an enemy incapacitates it entirely especially bosses. In the previous games yes parry existed but it wasn't nearly as easy to execute nor was it that powerful (not talking about RG parry but he basic physical attack parry). An example of it in previous games would be either Agni and Rudra or Credo Angelo. In the A&R fight, you would Parry once that would rear one of them back and they will try to attack again. You would have to Parry them at least 3 times in a row to get them to drop their swords (on higher difficulties you would have to do it more).. and you would still have the other guy trying to attack you. You also couldn't parry every attack in the game which made RG actually useful for those situations.

I do like some of the effects that Parry has on the regular enemies though.

jett

D-Member
Door_Kick.gif

Sup.

Seems like I missed all the fun of crow eating! :p Reading the threads has been entertaining, and it was pretty strange to see a couple of folks I've argued with about DmC to have a 180 on this game...I'm guessing those people didn't play the demo at all and were just out to troll. :p Well some of you were finally able to overcome your prejudices and enjoy the game for what it is, at least.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the feel of 120fps edition next week.

p.s. my ban had nothing to do with DmC, it was a really dumb and wrong reason to boot.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sup.

Seems like I missed all the fun of crow eating! :p Reading the threads has been entertaining, and it was pretty strange to see a couple of folks I've argued with about DmC to have a 180 on this game...I'm guessing those people didn't play the demo at all and were just out to troll. :p Well some of you were finally able to overcome your prejudices and enjoy the game for what it is, at least.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the feel of 120fps edition next week.

p.s. my ban had nothing to do with DmC, it was a really dumb and wrong reason to boot.

Welcome back. I'll always hate what DmC represents.

He's 100 times more juvenile, ignorant, and dismissive than the fabricated fanbase he's ridiculing. Don't waste your time.

thats one heck of a non sequitur, then you have the nerve to claim some highground of reason..you lost any leg you had to stand on mentioning spite. you're a comic book character, a petty one at that, i'm done.

Thank god. Please guys, don't change either of your avatars. I'm trying to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Anyhow, back to business.. I like the idea of a theatre mode in a sequel. Also, the inclusion of BP in the next one rather than a download!

Dahbomb

There's no theater mode in DmC? That seems silly. It was in both DMC3 and DMC4.
That's not the Theater mode we are talking about here. We are talking about being able to record footage of you playing through the game and upload it on the game's server or directly through youtube.

There's no theater mode in DmC? That seems silly. It was in both DMC3 and DMC4.

If it's there, I missed it.

That's not the Theater mode we are talking about here. We are talking about being able to record footage of you playing through the game and upload it on the game's server or directly through youtube.

That's what I'm thinking of as well. I can't say how many times I've used that kind of thing when it's available. Just Cause 2 was 10 times the experience thanks to it.

jett

D-Member

Unnecessary when the proper version hits next week. Frap that shit. I've seen some of the loading this game has on the PS3, I thought the loading times on the demo were long enough jesusfuck, can'tdealwithit.gif

Welcome back. I'll always hate what DmC represents.

Thanks. Dunno what to say to your second sentence. :p

Dahbomb

Unnecessary when the proper version hits next week. Frap that shit. I've seen some of the loading this game has on the PS3, I thought the loading times on the demo were long enough jesusfuck, can'tdealwithit.gif
Well that's like saying it's unnecessary to ask for 60FPS on consoles when the proper version hits next week as well. There should be more parity among versions. Most DMC fans are console players.

Anteater

60fps please, fuck that shit about "you could always get the pc version for better framerate!", no it should be the other way around! I'm playing console games for the performance, pc for the graphics!

jett

D-Member
Well that's like saying it's unnecessary to ask for 60FPS on consoles when the proper version hits next week as well. There should be more parity among versions. Most DMC fans are console players.

Well, it's not like the ability to record comes included in the PC version itself. It really would be neat to have dedicated replay mode where you can play with the camera around like in the Uncharted games.

edit: I didn't realize it was a wishlist for the sequel.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anybody want to take (avatar) bets that they'll go with Vergil's old haircut at the end of the DLC?

Honestly, DmC Vergil's hair isn't all that different from DMC Vergil's. In fact, looking at that French promo book they released, the cover has DmC Vergil pretty much already with DMC Vergil's hair.

Dahbomb

Anybody want to take (avatar) bets that they'll go with Vergil's old haircut at the end of the DLC?
Unless he gets some gel to slick them back spiky style, his current hair style is already close enough to Vergil's. Plus the original look of Vergil in DMC1 had him with fully slicked back hair like he does now.

What I want more is a personality change of Vergil by the end of the DLC. I want him to be "motivated" and bad ass.

I want Vergil to act like this pic:

8262.jpg

Stone cold bad ass. None of this "I loved you" bull shit.

Can I just say how friggin' great the art direction is in this game? I really appreciate what they've come up with the environments especially. Some truly over-the-top creative going over there in Cambridge!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck all that, just let me use demon forms all the time. I'd rather play as that than the bishies. I felt that way since the first one.

It made me worried if they did a Sparda game, you would still be in 'human' form the whole time.

Dahbomb

OG Vergil stabbed Dante in the stomach first with his sword, then with Dante's own sword to keep him down like a dog. And not a single fuck was given.

Carbonox

I wonder what Vergil's goal in the DLC will be.

Could be one of the following:

1. Tries to find Sparda
2. Tries to acquire Sparda's power/weapon - presuming Sparda in this universe has his legendary sword
3. Tries to find a method in order to take over the world and/or take over the Underworld

Or even a combination of the above.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder what Vergil's goal in the DLC will be.

Could be one of the following:

1. Tries to find Sparda
2. Tries to acquire Sparda's power/weapon - presuming Sparda in this universe has his legendary sword
3. Tries to find a method in order to take over the world and/or take over the Underworld

Or even a combination of the above.

Or what it really will be

1. Set of trials where you play as Vergil with no story context whatsoever

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got up to level 10. Witches seem like pretty cool enemies...harpies are bleh. They sure love flying enemies in this game, which while fighting them at the same time as color coded begs the constant question of why there is no lock on. So many aspects are based around proper crowd control and/or picking out specific enemies; it's simply baffling you don't have the ability to properly handle it.

Unless he gets some gel to slick them back spiky style, his current hair style is already close enough to Vergil's. Plus the original look of Vergil in DMC1 had him with fully slicked back hair like he does now.

What I want more is a personality change of Vergil by the end of the DLC. I want him to be "motivated" and bad ass.

I want Vergil to act like this pic:

8262.jpg

Stone cold bad ass. None of this "I loved you" bull shit.

but it worked without gel before!

B0Wgk.gif

(stolen from a previous page, no fucks given)

I fully expect the DLC to be a setup to get him closer to his original style and character. Going literally through hell and become a badass.

Also, in other news, I just placed my pre-order on GMG. Fuck it.

Top Bottom