• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Dahbomb

Do I need to beat the previous games to play this? The only one I own is DMC4 but I don't think I will get the time before this comes out for PC.

Im a sucker for new release games.
It's a reboot so no. But you should play them anyway.

Have they taken out the pauses from roullete's hits in the final game? I didn't see them in the stream.
Still in the console version. Game is pretty much the same as the demo.

Fucking n00bs asking n00b questions. WHY DID YOU MAKE DONTE LIKE THAT???

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I can already see how they're answering these questions. I don't think they'll answer any worthwhile ones.

kayos90

LOL they can't answer anything about DLC dates.

This stream is a waste of my time.

It's going to be an official PR announcement. I mean... I expected nothing really. lol.

EDIT: You should ask meaningful questions like "Why is Vergil not playable in BP."

Dahbomb

I already asked that question. I asked a bunch of questions actually.

Man BP better be fucking worth it and hopefully they add more features to it.

I love how they said that sales were not where they wanted them to be with the previous series on the stream. I asked "Do you believe that DmC will outsell DMC4's 3 million or so sold copies"? Love to see them answer that.

kayos90

I already asked that question. I asked a bunch of questions actually.

Man BP better be fucking worth it and hopefully they add more features to it.

Honestly, I would like it if they have damage multiplier/reduction customization features and other interesting customization stuff. That'd be cool.

Ein Bear

I love how Vergil just carries his sword around in his hand all the time, instead of just getting a strap or something for it. Looks so goofy.

Teknoman

nazmC.png

now we wait.

Better let us pre-load.

Do I need to beat the previous games to play this? The only one I own is DMC4 but I don't think I will get the time before this comes out for PC.

Im a sucker for new release games.

Interestingly enough, this game is best suited for those who have never played the previous DMC's. You won't care about the changes in controls, or to Dante's personality etc. You'll have a blast. Game is the definition of fun.

LTWheels

Finally finished the game. Really enjoyed it. Played it on Nephilm. I felt that it gave a good challenge, especially from the second boss onwards.

I think Kat is hands down the best supporting character in any dmc game.

One thing I was surprised about was that
Dante never got impelled with a sword

Really enjoyed the combat puzzle nature of the later enemies. Although never could quite figure out the Dreamrunners.

TimeInc

Well I caved in and bought the game. Just a couple of missions in so far starting on nephilim, it took my a bit of time to get used to the attacking animations of enemies that weren't in the demo. Also, is the any moves you can parry against The Hunter boss?

Dahbomb

Well I caved in and bought the game. Just a couple of missions in so far starting on nephilim, it took my a bit of time to get used to the attacking animations of enemies that weren't in the demo. Also, is the any moves you can parry against The Hunter boss?
The twirling sword he throws at you while trapping you in that black area. Parrying renders him completely stunned open to attack.

Dahbomb

Hopefully so.

Man it's been 3 fucking days since the game's release.

*No fucking SWAG video.
*No information on when we are going to get the Bloody Palace or what changes are in the Title update.
*No information on how to get the alternate costumes

Capcom needs to roll out the post-release content while the hype on this game is strong.

K.Sabot

If anything good came out of playing DmC it's that it got me to play DMC4 again.

Man, that ending was so much better. It left the series with the ability to go anywhere at that point, and it just went... here.

V_Arnold

One really has to contain a lot of nostalgia to choose DMC4 story over DmC. None of them is good, but DmC at least contains some coherence. DMC4 is just..*shuts up*

Hopefully so.

Man it's been 3 fucking days since the game's release.

*No fucking SWAG video.
*No information on when we are going to get the Bloody Palace or what changes are in the Title update.
*No information on how to get the alternate costumes

Capcom needs to roll out the post-release content while the hype on this game is strong.

Most of that is Capcom being Capcpom but the lack of swag videos is a stain on the DMC community. For shame

I was thinking it would have been interesting if there was an inbuilt community aspect where there would be very specific or completely open weekly challenges that went through regional, continental and global rankings and then at the end of the week you could watch the highest ranked dudes runs. You could then save their replays to watch or try to mimick with inputs at the bottom like sample combos in TTT2. New tech every week yo

That sounds like too good an idea which us why I can understand it's not in the game.

Top Bottom