• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 10 |OT| He's Back, and It's About Time

Ade

Missy probably knows what's happening because she's experienced it before. We never see Simm's Master regenerate so we don't know the circumstances of how he became Missy.

You can take it with a grain of salt but when Missy and the Doctor first meet and she clues him in on who she really is, she says that the Doctor left her for dead.

That's not how they've established multidoctor(master) timelines to work. Only the most senior one has memories of the events and only after they've experienced them.

I wonder if it's going to have anything to do with the Day of the Doctor events.

I still think that's gonna be a big fat loose end that Moffat won't help himself from tending to. Plus its status as a free retcon for anyone involved is helpful.

Do we actually know for certain that Missy is The Master?

Missy is actually who Capaldi regenerates into.

And Missy will regenerate into the new doctor!

As his last fuck you, Moffat gets to be the person who wrote the first female doctor.

Simms never turns into Missy.

I wonder if it's going to have anything to do with the Day of the Doctor events.

I still think that's gonna be a big fat loose end that Moffat won't help himself from tending to. Plus its status as a free retcon for anyone involved is helpful.
That's what the Christmas Special with the First Doctor is meant to revolve around

Missy probably knows what's happening because she's experienced it before. We never see Simm's Master regenerate so we don't know the circumstances of how he became Missy.

You can take it with a grain of salt but when Missy and the Doctor first meet and she clues him in on who she really is, she says that the Doctor left her for dead.

Simm Master meets Missy who is posing as the Doctor. Missy leaves Simm Master for dead causing him to regenerate into S8 Missy believing the Doctor screwed her over. S8 Missy goes off in search of the Doctor with Cybermen on her brain.

A future incarnation killing a previous incarnation and thus 'making themself' is such a Moffat-ass twist. but one he could never do really do with the Doctor, I just don't see him missing this chance with the Master.

There's no way Missy is not The Master. I'm not sure how Simm will regenerate into her and what will happen to Missy after the finale, but Missy is definitely The Master after Simm.

I remember reading those rumors (I think I'm commenting on em in this thread somewhere) I just didn't know anything had been more or less confirmed.

If it is happening, cool. I was hoping that'd be addressed.

iMax

Well she says she's a time lord/lady

I can't see why she would stay in the vault for so long if she were not trying to make amends.

That's a long time to pretend to be someone you're not.

Stranger things have happened! We never saw a regeneration, so anything's possible.

Apzu

If Moffat had one more season I wonder if he'd try runnig a few episodes with Missy playing a doctor-like character, while going against the Valeyard just for the heck of it.

Platy

I don't think anyone is regenerating ...my guess is that it is more of a "to prove that you are good you must fight yoursef" luke in the cave style

Feffe

I'd love if the next episode opening featured Gomez as the main actor and Capaldi, Mackie and Lucas as her "companion", completed with a close up to her eyes. Kinda like what they did with Clara in Death in Haeven, but with a MASTER WHO title card.

tomtom94

I'd love if the next episode opening featured Gomez as the main actor and Capaldi, Mackie and Lucas as her "companion", completed with a close up to her eyes. Kinda like what they did with Clara in Death in Haeven, but with a MASTER WHO title card.

Michelle Gomez is definitely getting her name in the credits, and I'll be surprised if they don't give her an eye close-up either this week or next for that very reason.

Platy

Clara is like my least favorite companion, but that trolling was SO GOOD

Razmos

I would literally scream. This needs to happen.

God I'm going to miss Michelle Gomez so much she's absolutely brilliant in the role and I doubt any other master is going to compare to me

Radio Times cover

DCralnQW0AAtvP7.jpg:large

I haven't watched or read anything about the new series, is it any good? I've grown increasingly tired with Moffat's high adventure & convoluted nonsense formula, and have only half enjoyed about three episodes from then last couple of series. Is this just of the same?

Santiako

I haven't watched or read anything about the new series, is it any good? I've grown increasingly tired with Moffat's high adventure & convoluted nonsense formula, and have only half enjoyed about three episodes from then last couple of series. Is this just of the same?

It has been fantastic. It's very back to basics compared to Moffat's previous series. Pearl and Capaldi have amazing chemistry.

hamchan

Pretty much the same Moffat feel without the convoluted nonsense.

I really liked that episode, and how tired 12 is with the bickering and the pointless fighting in the face of certain doom. The Romans were well-portrayed too, reasonable yet their imperious nature isn't ignored and in fact is basically why there's any threat to begin with. Yet the Doctor doesn't exactly lord it over them - or rather, they don't let him, which is a nice touch.

So excited for next week.

mclem

Radio Times cover

What the heck is the significance of that thing just behind the title? It looks like one of their occasional holiday planning pullouts, but there's no captions attached to it.

Edit: Actually, a lot of things missing from the cover, guess it's just a WIP thing.

I disagree, Thin Ice and Eaters of Light can stand against the best episodes of the show.

Yeah, I think Thin Ice has some of the best moments of the series for sure. A good 8/10. But it's not groundbreaking the way some of the best Who can be. It's maybe a tiny notch below something like Turn Left.

And Eaters of Light is pretty much a perfect Cliff's Notes modern-Who take on a classic-Who story. Perfectly fine. Didn't really wow me.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just got done with Season 7 part 2.

So my feelings about Season 7 as a whole now: it sucks. Its a waste of good talent. Matt Smith finally looks comfortable as his form of the doctor (which still sucks, I do not like this doctor #notmydoctor). Anyway, the good feelings I was getting from the very first very good "Asylum of the Daleks" to the great Snowman episode, its been a complete waste after words. So much promise, such bad writing. I really dislike Moffat, he's basically ruined Doctor Who. If it wasnt for my friends telling me the 50th is a great episode, I'm not even sure I'd want to finish this off (except for the guilty pleasure of killing off the 11th doctor, which I look forward to).

*sigh* I feel like a show that I grew to love from seasons 1 - 4 basically got axe murdered in front of my eyes with Season 5 - 7.

DeviantBoi

Just got done with Season 7 part 2.

So my feelings about Season 7 as a whole now: it sucks. Its a waste of good talent. Matt Smith finally looks comfortable as his form of the doctor (which still sucks, I do not like this doctor #notmydoctor). Anyway, the good feelings I was getting from the very first very good "Asylum of the Daleks" to the great Snowman episode, its been a complete waste after words. So much promise, such bad writing. I really dislike Moffat, he's basically ruined Doctor Who. If it wasnt for my friends telling me the 50th is a great episode, I'm not even sure I'd want to finish this off (except for the guilty pleasure of killing off the 11th doctor, which I look forward to).

*sigh* I feel like a show that I grew to love from seasons 1 - 4 basically got axe murdered in front of my eyes with Season 5 - 7.
Clara killed her seasons for me.

I couldn't stand her.

Bill, I like. Not as much as Amy, which I adore. But I would have liked another season of Capaldi and Bill.

Top Bottom