• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 9 |OT| Let Zygons Be Zygons

takriel

that episode spent too much time trying to convince fangirls that it was okay that the doctor is old now and wasting time with the Paternoster gang

Once the Doctor and Clara got together again, though, the quality shot WAY up. The interplay between the Doctor and Clara was great, the tension with them trying to escape the robots was great.

Basically the stuff where it was just Clara and the gang wasn't as good as the rest of the episode.

Just kill that awful gang off please! Give me pure Doctor and companion interactions.

As per Blogtor Who, interesting tidbit - somebody uses the word 'Bitch' next episode. Not sure how I feel about this, tbh. Hmm.

It is Missy saying it, mind- she says "the bitch is back!" to the Supreme Dalek, as per DWM.

It's not like it's the first time they've played with the word (Cassandra was a "bitchy trampoline", and according to her Rose was a "bit rich" in New Earth), and it's nothing worse than you'll regularly hear in EastEnders, which regularly goes out earlier than The Witch's Familiar will.

OOOOOH.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/david-tennant-and-catherine-tate.html

David Tennant and Catherine Tate reunite for Doctor Who audio adventures

Fans will also be delighted to know that both David Tennant and Catherine Tate will be returning to their roles as The Tenth Doctor and Donna Noble respectively for Big Finish. The pair have signed up to recreate their roles for audio in a series due for release in 2016. Blogtor understands the scripts are ready to go and will be recorded when David and Catherine's schedules permit.

EDIT: Dang, beaten by like a second!

Mudcrab

OMG THIS IS AWESOME !!!

....oh audio dramas =|

joffrey-and-tyrion.gif

Oh wow. Weren't there some legal issues before preventing Big Finish from using characters from the new series?

The BBC simply hadnt granted them the rights to use them. Gave them permission to work in classic only.

New deals have been made. Theyve already officially announced River Song, Kate Stewart and Captain Jack stories.

Strangely, this Tennant news has not been announced and the article has no source. It's a reliable blog, but I'm hoping for an article from BF themselves.

mclem

As per Blogtor Who, interesting tidbit - somebody uses the word 'Bitch' next episode. Not sure how I feel about this, tbh. Hmm.

Bit rich, coming from them.

Edit: Called it, several times before:

I'd put money on: there's no way Tennant won't, down the line. He's too much of a fan of the show, he'd done extensive audio work (with Big Finish, even!) before. He's got way too big a career right now, but down the line, I'm sure he'll be lapping it up.

I'm fairly sure Tennant on Big Finish (as 10! I know he's done other roles in the past) is a question of when, not if.

Platy

We are on a CAPALDI run with some GIRLS IN RED and you people slap me when I think that Tennant and Donna coming back to Who IN A AUDIO DRAMA is disspaointing ? =(

I want my fires of pompei 2 episode

Kurdel

Banned
Is there a cheap way to listen to the Big Finish stuff? I remember last time I checked it seemed super expensive, like 30$ an episode.

Any sort of comprehensive list of essential plays?

I've seen every episode of NuWho and An Unearthly Child, and that's it. Damn expensive BBC dvds!

Spaghetti

reaaaaaally need to get back onto the big finish train. they're expensive when not on sale but bloody hell are the stories good. they straight up redeemed colin baker and turned paul mcgann into the doctor he should have been all along.

Fury451

Banned
I love the Daleks. I say more of them please!

Do people not like "Deep Breath"? I thought it was a nice side of the Doctor, one where he is extremely confused and disoriented.

Way too unfocused IMO, and the story I found to be incredibly weak personally until the last 25 minutes or so. Series 8 found it's footing quick with the next episode though.

Also the fact that Jenny and Vastra had to mention they were married about 17 times more than necessary (i.e. Once) drives me crazy. That was already well established; no need to harp on it that much, even for new fans.

Top Bottom