• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 9 |OT| Let Zygons Be Zygons

Doctor Who Cinematic Universe incoming.
YQX8Tl7.gif
I think a new "Six Doctors" is the only thing that could match my excitement seeing the Avengers on screen together for the first time.

McGann bemused by Smith's antics.
Eccleston and Capaldi butting heads.
Tennant telling Hurt how brilliant he is.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, can't wait to see what it's all about. With how well the show is doing if they're doing some long-term change then it can only be a good thing.

mclem

Actually, wasn't there talk ages ago about a followup to The Five-ish Doctors?

Oh, there's one other very plausible possibility: The 10/Donna Big Finish line was a leak, this could perhaps be the official announcement.

Symphonia

Banned
I think this is going to be genuinely big news. The BBC are properly hyping it up. I have a feeling it has something to do with a past Doctor.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
But it will never happen because Hurt is ill and Eccleston's a douchebag :(

Hurt, yeah, that's fair enough. It's always been my belief however that Eccleston would return under the right conditions. It's just that those conditions aren't exactly easy or favourable to others.

Given the timing could it be something America focused?

I think big DW announcements are always around this time frame.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The BBC will be releasing a series of Doctor Who fridge magnets. One magnet for each Doctor. Get them now at the BBC Official Website.

Symphonic

Dont be though. The Puzzle Quest game is atrocious.

Doctor Who Legacy?

Gameplay wise it's not the best, but it's not terrible. Content and fan service-wise the developers show more commitment to it than most all other 3rd party media apps. They really do a good job with all the art and having timely updates that coincide with the show.

Whaaaaaaaa....

Maybe it is a showrunner thing.

Or maybe a portion of it is going to become a dedicated film series going forward?

If that happens, it's kinda funny: Doctor Who starts to become a little more like Bond, while Bond possibly becomes a little more like Doctor Who.

You know...that'd be interesting.

A totally separate division/brand/whatever you wanna call it that is purely making big budget Doctor Who movies on a Bond-like schedule. They could have their own Doctor and companion and big name directors etc while being almost entirely separate from the TV show and Moffat's side of things.

Even better if its a continuation of Cushing's Doctor. Although I guess he couldn't technically regenerate. Maybe just film adaptations of big modern stories?

TehOh

I'm pretty sure now that it's just a Big Finish announcement, with the emphasizing "BIG" and pointing to the wording of tweets as the clue.

Would like something truly insane, but not going to get too hyped up.

Symphonic

You sure? I could throw out another analogy indicating my disgust for the Hobbit films if you'd like. In any case I've touched a nerve...

I mean I'm not a big Hobbit fan either, but I try not to continually run the point into the ground in the span of a couple hours.

No nerves here my man.

tomtom94

If it IS Big Finish, then I'm calling either something secret to celebrate 10 years of NuWho (probably not) or something to celebrate 20 years since the TV movie (plausible) or both (would be pretty fricking sweet)

If it IS Big Finish, then I'm calling either something secret to celebrate 10 years of NuWho (probably not) or something to celebrate 20 years since the TV movie (plausible) or both (would be pretty fricking sweet)

If it's Big Finish it'll be the leaked Tennant/Tate series.

I'm currently betting on Jackson or a WHAAAAAT.

And scared it'll be a film. Because DW can do it in the time for it to be next year as a filler, but for proper film, not enough time.

Nobody's guessed yet?

Someone's gotten close in the @ replies to BBC's twitter, but nobody's actually landed on it?

So we can then just go through those replies and disqualify shit, right?

Top Bottom