• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 9 |OT| Let Zygons Be Zygons

TheJoRu

19apb6vyqb7s6gif.gif

mclem

Not familiar with Patrick Ness, but he's got a few Carnegie medals, so he at least has a handle on writing for this sort of audience.

So it's kinda like Sarah Jane Adventures MEETS Torchwood, but at Coal Hill.

huh. Well, we were just talking about a spinoff yesterday, weren't we? And now we have one.

Maybe it'll be good!

(Shoulda been Eighth Doctor Adventures, but what are you gonna do)

Ashodin

With all the action, heart and adrenalin of the best YA fiction (Buffy, Hunger Games),

welp pack it up

This week on Class, Tara engages with a terrible monster stalking the school's halls, and it has a new target: her handsome crush Robert. Will she save him from the monster in time to kiss him? Find out next time!

VegiHam

So it's a spinoff about who? I mean, is there going to be any particular reason for these A Level students to run into Aliens? Sarah and the Doc hunted them and Torchwood were getting paid but this is a school?

Feeling cautious about this.

Ashodin

So it's a spinoff about who? I mean, is there going to be any particular reason for these A Level students to run into Aliens? Sarah and the Doc hunted them and Torchwood were getting paid but this is a school?

Feeling cautious about this.

Teen angst + sci fi is all the rage right now

Boem

Could be good, but we don't really know anything yet. Could be Clara, but I kinda doubt she'd sign for a spinoff after leaving Who.

I guess this means we'll finally get our Ian Chesterton cameo now. I think it'll be similar to Sarah Jane Adventures. If more Coal Hill characters are introduced this series they'll probably turn up there as well.

tomtom94

This could either be really really good or really, REALLY terrible. I'm young enough to still have a soft spot for YA fiction (especially Buffy and Hunger Games) but I'm also old enough to remember that Spooks: Code 9 existed.

Ness' credentials seem reasonable, lack of TV experience aside.

Let's see what happens.

I know they considered making a teenage Doctor growing up in Gallifrey before they settled on the Sarah Jane Adventures, I hope it's not something like that, probably not that would be ridiculous.

Boem

...Susan maybe?
Nah, if they're ever bringing her back it'll be a big story in the main show.

Besides, last time we saw her she was chilling with a random sleazy guy in a Dalek-ruined London 100 years in the future (not counting spinoff books/audios). She's not a teacher, she just used to be a student there for a couple of weeks.

This could either be really really good or really, REALLY terrible. I'm young enough to still have a soft spot for YA fiction (especially Buffy and Hunger Games) but I'm also old enough to remember that Spooks: Code 9 existed.

Ness' credentials seem reasonable, lack of TV experience aside.

Let's see what happens.

Christ Spooks Code 9 that was something wasn't it.

I mean I'm not YAAAAY but people going on like the Facebook and saying "Is it just me or does this not REALLY fit into the category of big doctor who announcement"? What? How is a spinoff not big? You might not like it, but it's not a small thing!

MrBadger

I'll just wait for when it crosses over with Doctor Who in one of those "everything and the kitchen sink" finales that RTD loved doing

It's the first Doctor Who spin-off we'll have had in five years. Of COURSE it's big news- that we hyped it up as something even bigger is neither here nor there.

Done right, Who-does-Buffy could be a hell of a fun time. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Top Bottom