• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is planning a victory tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
This is a good way to punish the states who didn't vote for him.

Another idea could be, start withholding federal funds from Loser States.
The loser states subsidize most of the winners anyway, why not continue to fuck over NJ NY Mass CT Cali etc.

All he has ever loved during this whole thing is doing rallies, so this is no surprise. He's just trying to extend his campaign for as long as possible and I have no doubt he will do more of this in the future. I imagine once he actually has to sit down and deal with real problems reality is going to hit him like a truck and he's going to hate it.

Surfinn

All he has ever loved during this whole thing is doing rallies, so this is no surprise. He's just trying to extend his campaign for as long as possible and I have no doubt he will do more of this in the future. I imagine once he actually has to sit down and deal with real problems reality is going to hit him like a truck and he's going to hate it.

Don't worry, that's why he's putting together a tremendous anti-establishment cabinet to do his work for him.

RPGCrazied

He will probably resign and leave. lol

Kettch

It kind of makes sense for a President to travel around thanking people for voting for them afterward.

It is just unfortunate that the first one is Trump. Anybody else and I probably wouldn't mind.

He's going to be the president of the entire United States now. He really shouldn't be showing preferences for states that voted for him. Even just the appearance of that is dangerous.

Kathian

Banned
I mean sure. He's going to use the masses as a threat to political opponents. But honestly this doesn't seem like something people would ever upset if the other side won.

If he wants to fine. It's his decisions that he should be judged on not how he speaks to his supporters.

Some in the media and left seem really time deaf right now. See for example Trump going to dinner - some folk actually think that's a sign of collapsing democracy. As usual Trump is tying up his opponents in frivolity whilst he does the shit stuff in he background.

Likewise Twitter. He uses it. Get over it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
landscape-1478985225-motorcade.gif

Shinypogs

How much of a pain in the ass is this going to be for the secret service? I'm not being sarcastic I mean realistically how many resources and man hours are going to have to go into protecting trump and his family while he takes this tour? As Canadian I have no idea how large a president or elect's normal protection team is and how much it gets expanded when he's out. Like when Obama went to check out and talk about the BP oil spill years ago how much work goes into protecting him for that?

Not that I think presidents should be looked up in the white house 24/7, just that Trump shouldn't be straining his protection team and spending extra tax dollars on paying for extra services just so he can go on tour.

This guy has to be the most craziest, brainless president ever.

Trump isn't stupid. Thinking your opponent is stupid because they are evil only makes you vulnerable. He knows this kind of stuff worked for him. It helped him defeat 17 Republican competitors and the most qualified Democratic nominee in decades. This grassroots populism is the Trump brand now.

Squire

Banned
That seems like it'd be a good start to some serious civil unrest in the country.

Trump winning was the start to some serious civil unrest already.

I'm being a little snide, but it's still a valid question. Why is the president elect trying to put himself in danger? This is the same as wanting to spend a lot of time in Trump Tower. This guy is going to drive the Secret Service insane.

Trump winning was the start to some serious civil unrest already.

I'm being a little snide, but it's still a valid question. Why is the president elect trying to put himself in danger? This is the same as wanting to spend a lot of time in Trump Tower. This guy is going to drive the Secret Service insane.
Doesn't the Secret Service have final say on where the President can go?

Jeffrey

I'm quite curious where he's gonna visit.

Like I wonder how many 'rural areas' he's gonna visit?

Is he gonna troll the big blue cities like NYC or SF?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Good, he's bound to say bullshit in one of these and get a blowback, no to mention the protesters will surely gather around his rallies.

That is a positive. No teleprompters at rallies. That is when he really goes off script.
Actually, it's probably more likely he moderates his tone more, relative to the campaign. During the campaign, his hyperbolic bluster was a strategy to turn attention to him and deny it from his opponents. Now that he's won, there is no longer as big a need for it. He'll still say some bullshit, but he'll be wearing the President Trump hat, not the Candidate Trump hat.

Trump isn't stupid. Thinking your opponent is stupid because they are evil only makes you vulnerable. He knows this kind of stuff worked for him. It helped him defeat 17 Republican competitors and the most qualified Democratic nominee in decades. This grassroots populism is the Trump brand now.

The greatest irony there ever was: bowing down to your billionaire corporate overlord to free you from the chains of crony capitalism.

Simmins

Why just go to the states he won, isnt that like a big fuck you to the people in the states where he may not have won, but still took a lot of votes? Seems pretty short sighted, then again I doubt his supporters really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom