• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is planning a victory tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
landscape-1478985225-motorcade.gif

I saw this in my news feed on Facebook...

iammeiam

I'm trying to wrap my head around a President Trump going off-prompter at a rally. 30 states is too many for him to stay measured the whole time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This just makes me think he really is going to let Pence run the government while he goes off and holds parties to celebrate his greatness. He doesn't want to be president. He may not like Pence but I'm willing to bet he'll like having any true responsibility even less.

This just makes me think he really is going to let Pence run the government while he goes off and holds parties to celebrate his greatness. He doesn't want to be president. He may not like Pence but I'm willing to bet he'll like having any true responsibility even less.

Bush 2.0

Is Pence, Cheney though?

Phreaker

I thought I heard on CNN that he also planned to hold "rallies" during his term in office every so often, which I found super odd. Now this... great

Lucreto

Hopefully it will have massive protests but I expect extreme vetting to even get near him. He will need a Trumpmobile.

I wouldn't put it past him if he tries and get his face on Mount Rushmore before he even takes office like a pharaoh building his Tomb.

"I am going to do great things. Might as well honour me now"

What a jackass. Only going to the states he won? So much for trying to unify this country.

Why should anyone try to reason and come to a common ground with these people when their own President doesn't want any part of it?

Yamauchi

Banned
BT8cDMh.gif

Has a President ever done this before?
Yes, this used to be quite common. Abraham Lincoln did it in 1860. He traveled from Illinois to DC and stopped to hold rallies along the way. McKinley did one, if I remember correctly. FDR did victory tours, too -- starting in early 1933 when he was first elected, traveling from DC down to Florida.

Strike

This hearkens back to to the early days Obama's administration when people on the right were making claims of a so-called "apology tour". The difference being in this case, this is actually happening. I wonder how much time (if any) will he actually be spending in the white house compared to previous presidents.

It would have been wiser to just keep busy and out of public for a while and let people cool off for a bit

I guess he really lives in a bubble and does not really believe that people are 'scared' headlines

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Blowback? He said tons of bullshit the past year and was rewarded with the Presidency.
Only because of the "he'll pivot eventually!" excuse.

But yeah, he might moderate his tone.

Zyae

Yes, this used to be quite common. Abraham Lincoln did it in 1860. He traveled from Illinois to DC and stopped to hold rallies along the way. McKinley did one, if I remember correctly. FDR did victory tours, too -- starting in early 1933 when he was first elected, traveling from DC down to Florida.

Almost like this happened when actually going to a place in person was the only way for a president to speak there.

Par Score

If every one of these rallies isn't called off on safety grounds due to massive protests then we'll know it's all over.

Talk is cheap when it comes to standing up against Trump. Every one of these rallies will serve as an easily target-able point of resistance, so if they're not targeted then you'll know exactly what that resistance is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom