• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump's state visit to Britain put on hold

Mahonay

Banned
Never thought I'd have anything positive to say about Bush either, but at least his dumbass was somewhat likeable in his interactions. Trump has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. None.
Exactly. Even though Bush wasn't the most intelligent person and was easily puppeteered for some heinous causes, at least he was pretty kind to people in social settings and didn't go around saying awful things about everyone. He also could put words together that formed sentences. Even if some words were made up.

Trump has literally no redeeming qualities what so ever.

SamVimes

He might as well skip Europe as a whole, I don't think any nation in general likes him.

I was at Pinkpop (large Dutch festival) last weekend and one of the biggest crowdpleasers of American artists was burning (figurative sense) Trump. Bizarre if you think about it.

At Primavera in Spain at the RTJ show after Killer Mike said something in passing about the orange one the crowd spontaneously erupted into a "FUCK DONALD TRUMP" chant.

jstripes

Banned
I suspected this was why he hadn't come to Canada yet as well.

If Trump comes to Toronto you know this is gonna happen again:

dpGCJ3F.jpg

Amalthea

Banned
That already happened months ago. George W. is a genius in comparison to Trump.

There is no question that Trump is far and a way the dumbest president we've ever had. He is dumb by even the lowest of standards.
Trump could be a professional village idiot and he'd be still one of the dumber ones.

Tigress

Then what country can he actually visit?.. Guess he can go and meet up with senpai Putin.

I doubt Putin likes him. At best putin puts in minimal effort to pretend to in order to manipulate Donald and Donald is stupid enough to fall for it.

daveo42

Banned
If he doesn't want to visit places where people don't like him, maybe he should just leave the United State indefinitely.

kess

The next president is going to look like God if they actually throw out the first pitch at games, meet the Queen, act normal, etc.

Pinkuss

I'm sure North Korea would have a ball hosting Donald Trump and you know he'd eat it the fuck up.

I'm not sure, Kim has called out Trump recently re the Paris deal and for once came off reasonable.

This is the height of egoism and moral vacuum seeking only their own wellbeing even at the cost of the entire planet and, at the same time, a shortsighted and silly decision ignorant of the fact that the protection of the global environment is in their own interests,” the spokesman said.

“The selfish act of the US does not only have grave consequences for the international efforts to protect the environment, but poses great danger to other areas as well.

Also good stuff, glad he's getting the message.

God damn our president is a fucking joke...

So he won't do diplomatic travels because people will protest? How the hell did the American people vote for such a wuss?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

So he won't do diplomatic travels because people will protest? How the hell did the American people vote for such a wuss?

A lot of very very very very very very very stupid people were tricked into thinking he's strong.
Plus, Russian propaganda campaigns.

Trump prioritizes optics. He's a reality TV star. Remember he wanted a full ceremonial welcome and a ride in the Queens carriage? Protestors would dominate any news from his trip.

Mask

Good. Fuck off you orange wanker, we don't ever want your racist orangutan-looking arse-faced mug over here, especially not so you can limply spout shite through those wrinkly-ass bingo wings you call lips.

Was gonna join the protest if he came over, for sure. Most of my American friends are LGBT+, so they've already felt effects from his bullshit.

HylianTom

Banned
I hope he now realizes that when he returns to NYC after this is over, he'll be returning to a city where he is largely loathed.

Trump is coming to Canada for next year's G7 summit in Charlevoix, Qc.
*if he's still President

Trump should be protetested the ego out of him lol

Jezbollah

Perfect. No president trump in the UK ever then.

(the only shame for this is that I would have liked to see the Ospreys around my house causing a racket when he came in to Stansted)

If he's too afraid of protesters, he might as well give up visiting most of Europe.
Still, it's amazing how Obama has basicly rockstar status around here and yet, his successor is informally a persona non grata.

Slayven

By the end of his presidency he is going to be in a bunker wearing Kleenex boxes for shoes watching video of his rallies

I get Corbyn's the labour leader and all, but the fact the leader of the opposition does more to defend the mayor of the capital than our own Prime Minister is just... telling.

I think May is a complete peice of shit but in this case Corbin's position is easier than hers. Facing Brexit May can't afford to piss off anyone.

I think he wouldn't be as ornery if he was the PM.

Negator

Corbyn should tweet that he would rather have President Obama visit them again instead. Trump would be pissed beyond belief.

Top Bottom