• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

antitrop

I'm really enjoying Doom so far but I've found myself way too OCD and paranoid about missing secrets/upgrades. Anyone else CONSTANTLY checking their map? Kinda wish I could just blow through it without worrying about missing things
Yes, this is how I play.

The Flash

Banned
aKNm4cd.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really enjoying Doom so far but I've found myself way too OCD and paranoid about missing secrets/upgrades. Anyone else CONSTANTLY checking their map? Kinda wish I could just blow through it without worrying about missing things
Same

I got used to always being able to access every area in the first few missions so I got really bummed out when you get locked out later on since my plan was to just play through then go back and nab anything I missed.

Ok on the level where one of the challenges is to kill a Mancubus with a pistol is that even possible on UltraViolence or higher? The little pea shooter can't even tickle him to death when he's in a downed state. Do I need to fully level it up?

fyi if you down him and glory kill him it doesn't work

Can't you just shoot him numerous times with powerful weapons, then switch over to your pistol and finish him off with its charged shots?

eshwaaz

If I finish my current mission, quit to the title screen, and choose to replay a previous mission, how do I then continue progressing in the campaign where I left off?

If I finish my current mission, quit to the title screen, and choose to replay a previous mission, how do I then continue progressing in the campaign where I left off?

When you replay missions you keep all of your weapons and upgrades, so nothing ever gets reset.

Cmagus

When you go back out to the menu and hit continue it will continue your main game automatically. Using chapter select is a one off thing once you leave that level that's it and if you finish the level it just takes you to the menu.

eshwaaz

When you replay missions you keep all of your weapons and upgrades, so nothing ever gets reset.
What I mean is, I assume my checkpoint (let's say I just finished the first level of Hell, and that's as far as I've gotten) will be overwritten when I replay the earlier mission. When I want to pick up the campaign where I left off in Hell,
will I select the new mission in chapter select? Or is the campaign checkpoint separate from mission replay checkpoints?

EDIT: Ah, answered above by Cmagus. Thanks!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is there any way to change the sound profile on console?

It sounds like it's trying to output surround even though my Xbox is only hooked to a stereo.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is it me or IGN pulled the review from their YT account?

Edit. No it was me. They didn't. It was a YT glitch. It reappeared on multiple F5s

Zenimax owes me one. I streamed it 2 days before the game came out. Got my Twitch account banned.
Then I streamed it to youtube and got that account banned.
It was worth it just to see all the reactions in the chat. People were legit getting hyped up when that music kicks in during waves of enemies.

Jombie

I don't get angry over reviews, but I'm kind of baffled by that one. This may be the best single player campaign I've played since.. DOOM. Everything clicks.

Turret mode chaingun is the definition of firepower
What does that do exactly? Couldn't tell from the little animation either.

Transforms the chaingun into a mobile turret it says, but how is a mobile turret any different than me using it like normal? Its not a deployable right? Does it hover around you letting you use another weapon at the same time?

This is insanely petty unless the review is full of factually inaccurate information.
I dunno. If my main gripe for a baseball game because it was just baseball and not transformative of the sport, I wouldn't be surprised to get internet demerit points in the form of dislikes.

wwm0nkey

Transforms the chaingun into a mobile turret it says, but how is a mobile turret any different than me using it like normal? Its not a deployable right? Does it hover around you letting you use another weapon at the same time?

It turns the chain gun into 3 chain guns

Woorloog

Banned

More gun, as Heavy says in TF2.

Seriously. Mobile Turret is triple-minigun, and the other upgrade is worthless compared to this.

Top Bottom