• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

I swear there is a glitch where Barons will die for no reason. Twice I've seen them in a bit combat arena and decided to deal with them later and never do because they died. I dunno if its infighting but it'd take a lot to kill a baron

Keby

Holy shit the "Get Richer" Rune is unbelievably amazing. Upgrade that and if you have 75+ armor all guns have infinite ammo until your armor drops below that number.

The missle rack fully upgraded with this rune. Dude. Just. RIP AND TEAR.

FrsDvl

I swear there is a glitch where Barons will die for no reason. Twice I've seen them in a bit combat arena and decided to deal with them later and never do because they died. I dunno if its infighting but it'd take a lot to kill a baron

It's not just barons, now that you mention it. I was fighting and there were about 3 Pinky's left. I jumped down to find some health and ammo, and all of the sudden the fight ended and I could proceed.

Woorloog

Banned
Ammo for it is super hard to come by. The last few levels of the game for me was basically

Rockets all day
Super Shotgun most of the day
BFG a few times a day
POWERUPS ALL DAY

Ammo hard to come by? I just chainsaw through some Imps (use only one fuel) to gain massive amount of ammo.
The problem with the Mobile Turret? I use it so much if i remember or i have spent all the ammo on mini-missiles from the Heavy Assault Rifle.

Finally started this today. Finished the first two mission and I'm having a blast with it. I like how fast-paced it is, and it's really not that difficult if you keep moving. I like when Doom guy finds the little figures and fist bumps them. XD

How many missions are there total?

Justinh

Holy shit the "Get Richer" Rune is unbelievably amazing. Upgrade that and if you have 75+ armor all guns have infinite ammo until your armor drops below that number.

The missle rack fully upgraded with this rune. Dude. Just. RIP AND TEAR.

Seriously, mini missiles with that (or your big ol' chaingun) take a lot of the pain away.
I still cruise switching between the SuperShotty, Gauss Cannon, and Plasma Rifle mainly though.

Plus, equip in another rune slot the one that
gives you armor with Glory Kills.

Finally started this today. Finished the first two mission and I'm having a blast with it. I like how fast-paced it is, and it's really not that difficult if you keep moving. I like when Doom guy finds the little figures and fist bumps them. XD

How many missions are there total?

IIRC.
And he only fist bumps that specific doomguy toy that unlocks the
Doomguy
3d model from what I can tell. Definitely not every one.

It turns the chain gun into 3 chain guns
giphy.gif

Ooccoo

Holy shit that
cyberdemon
boss fight in
hell
is one of the worst designed I've seen in a long while. Fuck this (playing on Ultra Nightmare).

K' Dash

Well the reason I'm asking is because I dont have a paypal, and pretty much was gonna use my credit card. Don't want shady bizznizz on my card.

The site is legit, it's been discused too many times, I would not use my card on any site if they have PayPal or Amazon checkout.

Protein

Banned
Is there a comparison of Ultra settings and High settings? I can't really see a difference. If there's not much of a difference I want to downgrade to get maximum FPS.

Raptor

So this bacame my favoritte thing ever once I lured like 4 demons to a barrel and I jumped did a 180 and shot the thing, the gibs and blood flying after the explosiong was so glorious I had to pause the game lol.

They are so relentless persuing you that you can make some nasty tramps and bottlenecks going on.

Is just great gameplay design.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This is insanely petty unless the review is full of factually inaccurate information.

Considering that the reviewer himself came here to tell us that we didn't understand the "process", whatever the hell that means, and that people who enjoy the multiplayer are factually wrong...I'd say this is a great reaction.
The man himself came off as very haughty and snide. Not saying that his review, or his opinion is bad. Just that he thinks my opinion is wrong and bad. And that makes him a very poor reviewer.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Considering that the reviewer himself came here to tell us that we didn't understand the "process", whatever the hell that means, and that people who enjoy the multiplayer are factually wrong...I'd say this is a great reaction.
The man himself came off as very haughty and snide. Not saying that his review, or his opinion is bad. Just that he thinks my opinion is wrong and bad. And that makes him a very poor reviewer.

link?

Rented from redbox yesterday. Played the first three levels and loved it. This game is so visceral and in your face!! Going to buy it later today. Rip and Tear!!

Stoze

Beat it. I think the campaign may have overstayed its welcome by a tad, especially the last level which I thought was kinda lame in design with a disappointingly easy boss. At the same time though I really like that the last 4 or so levels are extremely generous on pickups so you can fully utilize your completed arsenal and just go to town in the combat. I generally don't like when games are giving you new stuff all the way up until the very end, and you feel like you didn't get time to take everything in and use everything to its full potential. In some alternate universe they would've given us the BFG on the last or second to last level.

Looks wise I thought the game was surprisingly colorful most of the time and has some great lighting and particle stuff going on. I do think they could've cranked things up to 11 with with some of the art and sound direction. Also what the heck is up with that texture pop-in id.

Overall, what a great game and I really enjoyed it. The most satisfying FPS campaign I've played in a long time.

Yes, but you can just hit the use button to collect them and ignore them, it doesn't automatically pop-up a text window.

Damn, ok. I just was wondering because I don't like a game that can't tell it's own story on it's own, where I have to piece it together by collecting 'hidden' logs.

BigDug13

Damn, ok. I just was wondering because I don't like a game that can't tell it's own story on it's own, where I have to piece it together by collecting 'hidden' logs.

It's Doom. Shit doesn't even need a story. Demons coming through portals. Kill demons. The end. This is definitely not a series to look at if you're wanting a narrative driven game.

Figured Doom was like that. I usually don't care for stories in games unless they're incredibly well done so I am glad it's not emphasized. Thanks all.

Top Bottom