• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Emouse

This might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, does anyone know how to play the very start of the game again? The section where you get the pistol and the armour, if you select the first mission from the replay mission menu it just puts you outside on Mars, I even started a new save file and the same thing happened there unless I did something wrong

This might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, does anyone know how to play the very start of the game again? The section where you get the pistol and the armour, if you select the first mission from the replay mission menu it just puts you outside on Mars, I even started a new save file and the same thing happened there unless I did something wrong

Haven't tried it, but the map on the first level DOES show that original area. Maybe you can get back in the elevator you ride up in and revisit that area. Look out for the Vault-Tec logo on one of the doors! :p

BeeDog

You guys did it. Ordered the game for PS4 now, when I haven't finished Uncharted 4 and have the entirety of Ratchet & Clank waiting, while also attempting the Platinum trophy for Dark Souls 3.

Raitaro

On xbox one, if you preordered digitally, you were supposed to get Doom 1 and Doom 2 correct? I preordered it a couple days before release and just now realized it didnt give me Doom 2. I already owned Doom 1

Was this answered yet? I can't myself since I don't own an Xbox One.

I do know that having the classic Doom games on PS4 as digital downloads now would have helped tremendously with the wait for my game to be delivered though. Hopefully they'll appear on PSN as well at some point.

Is the entire arsenal available for both SP and MP? I feel like I've only seen certain guns in the one mode.

Cheers, Gaf. So close to pulling the trigger on this.

marrec

Banned
Is the entire arsenal available for both SP and MP? I feel like I've only seen certain guns in the one mode.

Cheers, Gaf. So close to pulling the trigger on this.

Some of the more powerful guns are limited to pickups in MP, but they inconsistently spawn so you can't just control the part of the map with the BFG pickup.

Also, the alt fire for the MP guns aren't as diverse or effective (for obvious reasons).

h0tp0ck3t

Running Plasma Rifle + Gauss is a bad idea in the ammo department but damn I love both of those guns so much.
Does the BFG also use cells or does it have it's own ammo type?

RAWRferal

Was this answered yet? I can't myself since I don't own an Xbox One.

I do know that having the classic Doom games on PS4 as digital downloads now would have helped tremendously with the wait for my game to be delivered though. Hopefully they'll appear on PSN as well at some point.

As with all digital BC incentives, codes are sent to your XBL inbox 7-14 days after pre-ordering. This is made very clear when purchasing digitally!

marrec

Banned
Noice!

I still don't fully understand why people don't like the MP. Yeah it's not very "Doomy" but it's still fun on it's own.

Well I mean, Doomy multiplayer would be 4 people running around existing levels in a boring deathmatch style game that lasts too long because the levels are too big to support such a small number of players.

What they really want is Quakey multiplayer.

I really dig this MP though.

Noice!

I still don't fully understand why people don't like the MP. Yeah it's not very "Doomy" but it's still fun on it's own.

It's aight

I don't mind it, though it needs 4 huge things for it to become truly great.

The same starting loadout for all

Weapons on map

No demon rune bull plop

Traditional game mode playlist

Saying that the teleporter grenade I love, managed to finally pull of a telefrag

Marvel

could never
Noice!

It's well to me anyway a refreshing change, very old school. I'm having more fun with this then I ever did Halo 4 and 5 and I say that because those who know me, know I'm a halo fanboy.

This game's mp is a breath of fresh air and extremely fun xD

wwm0nkey

What are some equivalent recent FPS numbers?

I really want this game to do gangbusters tbh

I mean it is already about to pass DOOM 3 and DOOM 3 BFG's numbers in only 4 days so there is that at least. If the momentum keeps going we are looking REALLY good

ced

I think I regret doing the scope instead of missiles on rifle. I love no reloading and no ADS, I kinda ruined that with scope.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
this has probably been asked a lot before

but if you replay an old level to get secrets/collectibles, do you have to finish it for them to be saved or can you exit the level as soon as you got it?

You don't have to finish it. You might have to reach the next checkpoint to be save but all achievements pop the second you do the last pickup, so it's probably not necessary.

I've not yet messed with SnapMap. Does it have the ability to randomly generate levels, and if so, does it include things needing keycards and stuff? If so - I'm playing this game for life.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody else find the sound mix a little bit shit? Sometimes it seems like the gory squelching during glory kills, like with the chainsaw, are nowhere near as loud as they should be.

The Flash

Banned
Well I mean, Doomy multiplayer would be 4 people running around existing levels in a boring deathmatch style game that lasts too long because the levels are too big to support such a small number of players.

What they really want is Quakey multiplayer.

I really dig this MP though.

I bet a Quake reboot is going to be the next thing for Bethesda since they've got this and Wolfenstein down

It's aight

I don't mind it, though it needs 4 huge things for it to become truly great.

The same starting loadout for all

Weapons on map

No demon rune bull plop

Traditional game mode playlist

They should definitely add a mode like this. Hopefully it's in the works.

It's well to me anyway a refreshing change, very old school. I'm having more fun with this then I ever did Halo 4 and 5 and I say that because those who know me, know I'm a halo fanboy.

This game's mp is a breath of fresh air and extremely fun xD

Dude I'm the same. I love Halo but I've enjoyed the MP in this than the last two games. They're not bad but...I don't know. It's old school like you said.

We should all team up at some point if we can.

ID is AgentStrange on PS4

lazygecko

Anybody else find the sound mix a little bit shit? Sometimes it seems like the gory squelching during glory kills, like with the chainsaw, are nowhere near as loud as they should be.

To me it feels like an overindulgence in selective ducking/sidechaining which is constantly drowning other elements out.

derFeef

Isn't that a general problem with iDTech games? I remember the audio mix in Wolfenstein was also is a bit off at times.

Arkanius

Yeah the sound mixing is shit. But it seems a problem of the id engine. Wolfenstein suffered the same problem. Alas, Rage also suffered from it.

The last game with good positional audio was Doom3 with OpenAL/EAX.

bathsalts

I think I regret doing the scope instead of missiles on rifle. I love no reloading and no ADS, I kinda ruined that with scope.

You can get both mods without much fuss, I will say that I'm surprised someone picked the scope before the micro missiles though, theyre missiles!

Disktrasa

Banned
Please stop!

I havent finished uc4, ratchet and clank, ds3 and i have o lot of mpgames that i want to play, but i am sooooo tempted to get this today.

I am totally addicted to buying new games, have a lot of money but not much time to play :(

Buy or not?

Raptor

Maybe because I played like 300 hours of Bloodborne before this but I dont mind the checkpoints, I treat is as practice, by the time I pass the section I do it all perfectly that I pat myself on the back.

They could be better but they aint game breaking at all, it makes you heat pump faster when there is only one demon left and you have like 5 points of life left lol, you shot that motherfucker with the RPG from distance lol.

Having said that, third chapter is kicking my ass god damn.

Also I felt sad for some reason when the name of the mission came up "Beggining of the end" I dont want it to finish it ever.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah I was actually gonna say I remember my one big complaint about The New Order was the shitty sound mix. Makes sense.

Raptor

Yeah I was actually gonna say I remember my one big complaint about The New Order was the shitty sound mix. Makes sense.

What I did was lowering the voice to 50 and the music to 50, while I love the OST I love more the sound effects.

Also pumped up the BASS of the gold headset, now everything packs a huge punch to it.

:D

marrec

Banned
I bet a Quake reboot is going to be the next thing for Bethesda since they've got this and Wolfenstein down

Back in 2013 Willits said that Quake was on hold till DOOM 4 (this game) was released. I'm guessing that was a bit of a fib and they've probably been working on whatever Quake sequel/reboot for at least a year now.

wwm0nkey

Please stop!

I havent finished uc4, ratchet and clank, ds3 and i have o lot of mpgames that i want to play, but i am sooooo tempted to get this today.

I am totally addicted to buying new games, have a lot of money but not much time to play :(

Buy or not?
If you loved the old DOOM games, you'll love this too

The Flash

Banned
Please stop!

Buy or not?

Obi-wan says, "You must do what you feel is right of course"

He also says, "Do it".

Top Bottom