• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Raptor

Finished it last night on Ultra-Violence. Played on PS4, took me probably close to 20 hours, being pretty thorough about exploration and getting all the secrets (had over 80% in one run). The game was at its absolute best towards the end, where you have all your combat abilities at your finger tips and the game throws the proper gauntlets at you to "Test Your Might" and see if you can keep up. Great final boss and one of the coolest ending credits sequences I've seen in a game.

Excellent stuff!!

:D

Cudder

Has anyone been reading any of the documents you pickup? I just can't be bothered. I pretty much only read the weapon descriptions when I pick up new weapons.

brau

Has anyone been reading any of the documents you pickup? I just can't be bothered. I pretty much only read the weapon descriptions when I pick up new weapons.

I don't really mind them, but at some point i did go back and read a few of the location descriptions and the monster files. Pretty interesting, but yea.. i agree that scattered notes that you need to pause the game to read are not what i want to do when i am playing this game.

The Flash

Banned
Uncharted 4 was a 9.5 for me, DOOM is a 9.

It will probably be top 3, though, only game for the rest of the year I'm super excited about is Final Fantasy XV.

Good deal. I really liked UC4 as well but Doom is just on a whole 'nother level for me.

I have because I like little bits of background information

Zomba13

Anyone else really like the multiplayer? I just can't get enough of it. Only issue is lack of a simple free for all Deathmatch and the fact that it seems some people playing are really, really, really, really bad. Like, multiple times I've gotten more kills than the rest of my team combined.

Single player is awesome though. Love the map. These are what levels should look like in a shooter. Lots of secrets and pathways and crisscrossing.

Demoskinos

Anyone else really like the multiplayer? I just can't get enough of it. Only issue is lack of a simple free for all Deathmatch and the fact that it seems some people playing are really, really, really, really bad. Like, multiple times I've gotten more kills than the rest of my team combined.

Single player is awesome though. Love the map. These are what levels should look like in a shooter. Lots of secrets and pathways and crisscrossing.

I've seen people try to play it like Call of Duty grabbing the Sniper Rifle and standing in one spot trying to get kills. You can guess how that ends for them.

mrqs

Why the HECK is the multiplayer region based? there's absolutely NO ONE playing here in Brazil.

What a shame.

The Flash

Banned

I will never get tired of it

Oh yeah me too

DkgAQxN.png

Staf

Ok, heard nothing but good stuff about the singleplayer campaign. But have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect, is it good enough to buy it just for the campaign?

brau

Ok, heard nothing but good stuff about the singleplayer campaign. But have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect, is it good enough to buy it just for the campaign?

Yes. read through some of the previous pages. Lots of people, including me, have been really excited at how tight and fun the SP is.

epmode

You know what I don't like? Being kicked back to the main menu after a rune trial found during a mission replay.

That happened to me once. When I pressed Exit on the rune trial success screen, the game either crashed or loaded the main menu (I forget which). I had to redo the trial.

I took the plunge this afternoon on my lunch break. I can't wait for work to be over. Got a 4.0 this semester in grad school, too. Good ass week!

Hedrush

I think they were pretty well hidden. I didn't find a single one on my first playthrough. I'm at work so I can't post pics but many online guides have pics and videos.

Thanks, Yeah they must be hidden really well. If I knew what I was looking lever wise it might make things a little easier for me. I really don't want to have to resort to looking at a YouTube walkthroughs as I'd like to find them myself but I just don't know what I'm looking for.

Raptomex

Thanks, Yeah they must be hidden really well. If I knew what I was looking lever wise it might make things a little easier for me. I really don't want to have to resort to looking at a YouTube walkthroughs as I'd like to find them myself but I just don't know what I'm looking for.
It's a large lever sticking out of the ground. He has to pull on it with 2 hands.

rdytoroll

So glad I got this game. Thanks Neogaf for all the impressions. It's so much fun, cant remember the last time I played a FPS this good. I've been trying to get all the secrets so far, but some of those are very hidden

Though I feel like the worst player ever lol
Normal is pretty difficult imo, which caused me to die a lot of times already. I don't even want to know how the other difficulties are

Damn that Rich Get Richer rune challenge is fucking difficult. So many suicide deaths from rocket explosions. I really wish they let you keep your upgrades while doing the rune trials. Not having the air control rune sucks so bad. Took me over 20 tries. Worth it though for the rune you get.

Damn that Rich Get Richer rune challenge is fucking difficult. So many suicide deaths from rocket explosions. I really wish they let you keep your upgrades while doing the rune trials. Not having the air control rune sucks so bad. Took me over 20 tries. Worth it though for the rune you get.

My many years of running backwards while firing rockets during my Quake 1/2/3 days really paid off there lol. That was actually one of the easier rune trials for me.

tesqui

I'm just now starting to get random crashes. It's so sudden and instantaneous. It feels almost on purpose haha. One second I'm fucking demons up with quad damage, then boop straight to desktop with no error message. I hope this doesn't have to do with Denuvo in any way.

Humanic

Neo Member
So it seems like the consensus is that the SP is very good but what about the multiplayer? I remember the beta giving people a bad impression.

marrec

Banned
So it seems like the consensus is that the SP is very good but what about the multiplayer? I remember the beta giving people a bad impression.

The multiplayer is either great, or middling depending on what you're looking for.

It's a loadout based arena shooter with power ups and "Demon Runes" that turn you into a seemingly (but not at all really) unstoppable demon for a few seconds.

It has character and gun customization and equipable powerups that are consumed in the match.

I think it's fucking great.

Others don't like it because it's not Quake 3.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
SP is great
Snapmap can be funny, awesome and great
MP is neither bad nor good for me. It is serviceable.

The sound would cut out for a split second every once in a while. It was bad during mission 10, maybe? One of the later ones.

It's retro fun. Not amazing by any means, but competent and above average.

Serviceable, and forgettable.

I just beat it this morning. It got pretty difficult, even on normal, but I got through it.

Super Shotgun and Siege Mode Gauss Cannon take care of everything. And if there is any problem one BFG shot can't take care of, make it two.

A-V-B

The multiplayer is either great, or middling depending on what you're looking for.

It's a loadout based arena shooter with power ups and "Demon Runes" that turn you into a seemingly (but not at all really) unstoppable demon for a few seconds.

It has character and gun customization and equipable powerups that are consumed in the match.

I think it's fucking great.

Others don't like it because it's not Quake 3.

For me, it's because it's not like SP :)

protonion

I'm watching streams and this looks super fun.

You know what is really refreshing?

No enemies with guns. I see physical attacks and fireballs and I hope this is true for the whole game.

A-V-B

I'm watching streams and this looks super fun.

You know what is really refreshing?

No enemies with guns. I see physical attacks and fireballs and I hope this is true for the whole game.

There are enemies with guns, but the guns are all projectile based and not hitscan.

There are enemies with guns, but the guns are all projectile based and not hitscan.
What about the possessed soldiers, otherwise known as the assholes with the energy shields? They seem to rock some kind of shotgun/scattergun. Not really something you dodge so much as staying out of their range and front field of fire.

Those enemies suck even worse in snapmap since you don't have grenades/gear to use.

Top Bottom