• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

kodecraft

This sounds amazing. Might have to look into a Steam Controller when I inevitably rebuy this game for PC. DOOM 2016 seems like an RE4 situation where I'll buy it for every platform I have.

This.

Also, hitting the huge right pad on the Steam controller to access/melee is boss!

Samus4145

Just got the corrupt save bug on PC. Is there a best approach to it or am I just fucked? Any update from anyone on a proper patch for it?

nikos

I'm so conflicted on what to do. I love arena shooters. Still play UT99. Really want this game but my PC is aging and I don't want to play it using a controller.

Should I get it for PS4 for only the campaign, and pick it up for PC for multiplayer, when I eventually upgrade it, or wait to experience the whole thing on PC? I haven't a clue when I'll be updating my PC. Hopefully sooner than later.

msv

I'm so conflicted on what to do. I love arena shooters. Still play UT99. Really want this game but my PC is aging and I don't want to play it using a controller.

Should I get it for PS4 for only the campaign, and pick it up for PC for multiplayer, when I eventually upgrade it, or wait to experience the whole thing on PC? I haven't a clue when I'll be updating my PC. Hopefully sooner than later.
Specs? Worked fine on my PC on 720p. Most parts even worked fine on 1200p. Phenom II X4 955 + 7950HD

Arkanius

Everyone solved my Multiplayer connection woes.

It's dependent on the Steam Region for Downloads. I had it set on Hong Kong for reasons.

A little symbol appears on the top left and I believe it says checkpoint. Usually I get the stutter after clearing an arena area, as it checkpoints right after.

I haven't noticed any stutters after a checkpoint but I have noticed a few random, very rare stutters from time to time. I don't believe those stutters occurred after a checkpoint, but I'll keep an eye out as I keep playing. I'm also on pc, btw.

Doikor

Anything that slows me down = no no!

Ranged enmies like imps toast you asap with anything that keeps you from moving at full move speed. They track very well on Nightmare.

But siege mode one shots hell knights etc. I played on nightmare and used siege mode a lot. Didn't bother to fully upgrade it (just took the faster charge as I didn't need the AoE as I only used it on the big monsters) fully until I went back to collect secrets/challenges. It's just that good.

The Flash

Banned
Tiago Sousa - programmer at idSoft

My avatar = my feels , while seeing the goodies we have coming up for DOOM fans.

ln6x12rY_400x400.jpg

https://twitter.com/idSoftwareTiago/status/733368657707999234

Jito

Banned
Aw yeah my level is really coming together now, can't wait to upload it and get some feedback. Is Snapmap cross platform?

Finally finished the game today.

Never have I ever wanted to start a game from the beginning immediately after finishing it like this.

This isn't just my game of 2016, its my personal game of the generation.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING

We have the same problem.
I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT.

Xdrive05

Does the console version support keyboard and mouse? Seems like they should support it, being 60fps and all. Missed opportunity if they don't.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Im guessing an expansion or something later this year maybe. Then full down on sequel. Then next year new Wolfenstein.

I'm hoping for an Old Blood style expansion. A really crazy horde mode would be cool too.
Old Blood was technically a separate game, more akin to Far Cry: Blood Dragon. It would be cool if they did that, but again, I'm doubtful we're getting anything besides more MP maps nobody is going to play for more than a week.

Spoiler for unlockable equipment in campaign...

Ridiculous fun to be had in the arenas when you have the
super shotgun with all mods, heavy assault rifle with micro missles equipped with bottomless missiles
, along with the rich get richer and armor offensive runes equipped. Absolutely destroys anything that dares to spawn into the arenas..lol

Did anyone else use the
super shotgun
as your primary weapon for bosses? Its DPS is ridiculous in comparison to other weapons in your arsenal.

Finally finished the game today.

Never have I ever wanted to start a game from the beginning immediately after finishing it like this.

This isn't just my game of 2016, its my personal game of the generation.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AMAZING

Rip and Tear Until It's Done

THEN RIP AND TEAR AGAIN

Neiteio

Nothing beats running circles around a Mancubus at close range and shooting it while making the "whoop whoop whoop" sound Curly makes in Three Stooges.

Neiteio

Oh, and while we're talking dream options, if they can get local split-screen co-op working in some kind of dedicated campaign, I will be over the moon with joy!

But yeah, a single-player expansion would be top-notch, especially if it introduced a few new demons and weapons. Maybe a dual-wielding option? :)

Sciz

Please give me more SP content

Please

PLEASE

This

Please

Please!

Im guessing an expansion or something later this year maybe. Then full down on sequel. Then next year new Wolfenstein.

This is good.

Then we party

MOAR SINGLE-PLAYER, PLS.

MORE SINGLE-PLAYER, PLS

It's 2016 and people are frothing at the mouth for more content from id software, a development studio which had, up until a week ago, been a washed up shadow of itself since the dawn of the 21st century.

I never thought I'd see the day again. Never ever ever.

Top Bottom