• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Just started the game.. Love it! Only complaint so far is the vibration on my PS4 controller. Feels kinda weak so the weapons don't feel really powerful. Played the game with a friend on Xbox One, and that controller seemed to vibrate way more. Any way to increase vibration on Dualshock 4?

Two Words

The combat in this game has a flaw in it. I really enjoyed it, but once I found a combo that worked, I had no reason to try other weapons because it is too effective.

1. Stun large enemies with plasma rifle alt fire.
2. Switch to Super Shotgun with double shot perk and unload on them.
3a. If you're feeling like too many enemies are closing in on you, use the decoy device and reset.
3b. If you're fine, repeat steps 1 and 2, the plasma rifle's alt fire will already be ready to fire again.

Started this game today, but could only play for about 50 minutes. Loving it so far and it runs amazingly maxed out at 2k on a 989 ti. Might see how it is at 4k over the weekend.

Oh, and while we're talking dream options, if they can get local split-screen co-op working in some kind of dedicated campaign, I will be over the moon with joy!

But yeah, a single-player expansion would be top-notch, especially if it introduced a few new demons and weapons. Maybe a dual-wielding option? :)

With a little Four Swords-esque sub-competition competing to see who can get the most glory kills throughout the level?

Pretty much any more campaign in any form I'm happy with. If you count we only actually got 4 Hell levels, so would love a campaign set there.

Raitaro

tumblr_ndpkvifcOe1qdlh1io1_400.gif

MORE SINGLE-PLAYER, PLS

THIS.

HELL ON EARTH!

(And a better (sounding) pistol and shotgun please.)

[Fugo]

Second to last secret in Argent Tower didn't register. I replayed the level like 8 times, after the one I looked at a youtube guide... and INDEED I got everything, but the question mark is still greyed out :/

Shifty

The combat in this game has a flaw in it. I really enjoyed it, but once I found a combo that worked, I had no reason to try other weapons because it is too effective.

1. Stun large enemies with plasma rifle alt fire.
2. Switch to Super Shotgun with double shot perk and unload on them.
3a. If you're feeling like too many enemies are closing in on you, use the decoy device and reset.
3b. If you're fine, repeat steps 1 and 2, the plasma rifle's alt fire will already be ready to fire again.

This game needs a style meter DLC.

I mean, it's already the Devil May Cry of shooters. Why the hell not?

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but after finding a right after meeting with
the robot doctor
my save file corrupted and locked up my PS4. Restarted the PS4 and now my save file is completely gone >.<

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but after finding a right after meeting with
the robot doctor
my save file corrupted and locked up my PS4. Restarted the PS4 and now my save file is completely gone >.<

I had that happen to me too but in a different area.
Delete your corrupted save and download your cloud save.

It's 2016 and people are frothing at the mouth for more content from id software, a development studio which had, up until a week ago, been a washed up shadow of itself since the dawn of the 21st century.

I never thought I'd see the day again. Never ever ever.
Half-Life 3 confirmed?

Here's hoping Valve is next...

Moff

game becomes super easy on nightmare in late game, sure I die sometimes, but it doesn't feel hard, I even killed the second boss on the first try

Ulysses 31

game becomes super easy on nightmare in late game, sure I die sometimes, but it doesn't feel hard, I even killed the second boss on the first try

Yeah, there should be some sort of hardcore classic mode without the weapon and suit upgrades. >.>

Erimriv

How long is the campaign? I'm not interested in multiplayer and always liked Doom singleplayer, latest I played was Doom BFG.

antitrop

It's 2016 and people are frothing at the mouth for more content from id software, a development studio which had, up until a week ago, been a washed up shadow of itself since the dawn of the 21st century.

I never thought I'd see the day again. Never ever ever.

Feels good, right?

I want to travel back in time to 1995 and tell 10 year old me, sitting there playing DOOM with the arrow keys, that Wolfenstein and DOOM are still the two best FPS franchises in 2016.

Moff

How long is the campaign? I'm not interested in multiplayer and always liked Doom singleplayer, latest I played was Doom BFG.

if you play it on the hardest difficulty nightmare, which I recommend and want to get all the secrets (you have a map that shows their location, but not how to get there, it's very fun and motivating because the leveldesign is excellent) it will take about 13 to 15 hours. I am at 13 hours now and I am a fast player and not quite finished, yet.

if you just gun through on an easier difficulty its about 8 to 10 hours

there is also snapmap mode that gives you user created single player stuff and the many unlockable classic maps from doom 1 and 2

I think the Snap Map could use more Hell set pieces since the foundry levels get pretty dull after awhile. I would love to see more outdoors areas and selectable sky boxes with classic Doom textures for Retro Doom styled maps. Adding classic Doom music for an option would also be nice.

These are just some things, I would love to be implemented for DLC along with a bigger grid so we could get some campaign-sized levels.

skynidas

Banned
finally! absolutely awesome game, had a lot of fun with it, I'm so happy that id software were able to pull this off in such a great way

Ci2kNhIUYAA3WnJ.jpg:large

I didn't hunt secrets and I played on Normal. I explored a bit but mostly just binged the campaign. I did stop and read the text for a few monster Bio's and weapons and stuff.

Steam is reporting 10 hours Start to Finish. But it was a hell of a 10 hours and I'm gearing up for a second play through.

Knox

I'm a couple levels in and so far this has not been the case, but will I ever have to worry about passing a "point of no return" in a level where I won't be able to backtrack and find secrets I might have missed?

DirtyLarry

I just
talked to Optimus Prime in his office
. Just curious how much longer I have to go on the Campaign?

Also I checked out some MP last night. People are WAY better than they were in the Beta. LOL Getting my ass handed to me.

I told myself I wasn't gonna buy any games for a while after I got Uncharted 4 and Alienation in quick succession but I'm very tempted to get this...

EVIL

Pinkies are introduced way too late in the game. They should have been almost as common as imps. I wish the revenants were a bit more deadly as well. They always gave me trouble back in Doom 2.

since their front sides are almost inpenetrable and they require a good feel for em in order to battle them effectivly in the current arsenal of demons I disagree.
they arrive at the right moment to spice things up. just like the baron of hell arrived at the right moment in hell to knock you off your feet.

Baalzebup

Feels good, right?

I want to travel back in time to 1995 and tell 10 year old me, sitting there playing DOOM with the arrow keys, that Wolfenstein and DOOM are still the two best FPS franchises in 2016.

Better yet, imagine how mad that statement would have been just two years ago. We livin' the good times now.

epmode

Ever since I updated to the launch Nvidia drivers I've been crashing. What gives? Any solutions?

I've certainly had more crashes (four or five) since I updated to the latest drivers. Might just be placebo but I only remember a single crash beforehand.

I told myself I wasn't gonna buy any games for a while after I got Uncharted 4 and Alienation in quick succession but I'm very tempted to get this...

everything i'm hearing about this game makes it sound like it might be god-tier for me.

gonna have to play it very soon for sure.

Jombie

I just finished it last night; what an amazing game. I'm going through it again to find all the secrets. It's a game I'd like to platinum, but there's no way I'm ever beating it on ultra violence.

Revan

I never thought of this but holy hell you are right! It's like gaming 20+ years ago all over again.

What's next - a remake of TIE Fighter? (I'd loose my shit if that happened)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Feels good, right?

I'm pretty sure no one could have called that Wolfenstein and Doom were going to come back this gen so well.

Top Bottom