• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

antitrop

Damn I should not have read this thread as I am really, really trying to beat Uncharted 4 first (On Chapter 18), as I just do not want to play 2 games at the same time, but I feel like I cannot resist playing this game tomorrow.

I'm on Chapter 19 and plan on finishing it tonight so I can play DOOM all day tomorrow!

You know what sucks? Missing fucking weapons. My friend just sent me a text saying he has the plasma gun and he's way behind me. Wtf. That just pisses me off.

Are you sure you're not just looking at a flyer for Season Pass? Does it have Dishonored 2 advertised on the back?

No, no, I was just looking at the pre-order bonus that Gamestop was advertising and wondering if it was ACTUALLY a pre-order bonus or it was one of those things that everyone gets.

This thing:

DOOM_Demon_bonusLG.jpg

Anung

Un Rama
You know what sucks? Missing fucking weapons. My friend just sent me a text saying he has the plasma gun and he's way behind me. Wtf. That just pisses me off.

You didn't miss it. The game has secrets in earlier missions that let you access the weapons before they show up.

MrBlonde

I wanted to wait on this but caved and pre ordered tonight on the Xbox. I still haven't finished quantum break and I have other unfinished games! Haven't been gaming as much lately but Doom is a must, not much else coming out soon so why not (that's how I justified it lol)

TheRed

Aww man I really want to get this but then I dont want to get Overwatch as well, too much money. I would get it from Steam to get The Old Blood with it. This is a hard choice, I expected my shooter money to only go to Battlefield 1 and maybe Titanfall 2 this year but then these games just popped up.

Aww man I really want to get this but then I dont want to get Overwatch as well, too much money. I would get it from Steam to get The Old Blood with it. This is a hard choice, I expected my shooter money to only go to Battlefield 1 and maybe Titanfall 2 this year but then these games just popped up.

Haha yeah I feel ya, I'm going to end up getting 4 fps games in the space of 5 months unless Titanfall 2 flops. It's a very odd situation but eh they all play very differently so I think there's enough variety to keep me interested.

FrsDvl

Man... I have to pick between Doom and Overwatch, if you asked me yesterday it would've been Overwatch all the way, but these impressions really make this a lot harder for me than they should.

Mupod

Man... I have to pick between Doom and Overwatch, if you asked me yesterday it would've been Overwatch all the way, but these impressions really make this a lot harder for me than they should.

eh if I had to choose it'd be overwatch any day. But this will make the wait a little easier.

SeanNoonan

I have to choose between Doom and Homefront. Definitely getting Overwatch. And I'm assuming Homefront might not be terrible...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Just bust out the credit card. Get both.

Don't do this.

shanafan

No, no, I was just looking at the pre-order bonus that Gamestop was advertising and wondering if it was ACTUALLY a pre-order bonus or it was one of those things that everyone gets.

This thing:

The preorder bonus comes with all the launch games I read. So, Best Buy, Amazon, GameStop, etc will have this bonus.

Overwatch for MP, Doom for SP.
Which i think is kind of ironic considering how much effort they put into the MP side of this game. SnapMap seems like it can be pretty great though. Still need to get into some of that.

FrsDvl

Just bust out the credit card. Get both.

Don't do this.

If it wasn't maxed out I would've done that in a heartbeat... lol.

I'm trying to watch my finances a bit better, and 2 games in a month seems just a bit much. I'll probably just get Overwatch sometime next month. I crave a new game, and Doom just seems to be exactly what I'm looking for right now.

shanafan

Here's the plan..

1) Get Best Buy GCU, and get 20% off.

2) Preorder Doom NOW for $47.99.

3) Get $10 gift certificate from Best Buy in a week for the Doom preorder.

4) Preorder Overwatch for $47.99, and use $10 off from Doom preorder. Makes it's $37.99

5) Get $10 gift certificate for preordering Overwatch, enjoy how you see fit!

FrsDvl

Ok yeah maybe you shouldn't buy any videogames right now >_>

But to each their own.

Oh I have a 300$ limit, I can pay it off right away, not a big issue :p

Here's the plan..

1) Get Best Buy GCU, and get 20% off.

2) Preorder Doom NOW for $47.99.

3) Get $10 gift certificate from Best Buy in a week for the Doom preorder.

4) Preorder Overwatch for $47.99, and use $10 off from Doom preorder. Makes it's $37.99

5) Get $10 gift certificate for preordering Overwatch, enjoy how you see fit!

Welcome to Canada where we don't have fancy GCU and games are 80$ :(

xviper

Is the game good for today's standards ?? from the trailers it looked repetitive, is there boss fights and can you upgrade your character ?? and how long is the game ?

Top Bottom