• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Onemic

I very much have my doubts about SnapMap having longevity like Doom 1/2 wad editor tbh. It doesnt seem to be very robust in that youre stuck picking pre defined level "blocks" and mixing and matching these to create your level. It helps in making it very simple to use, but I feel the maps will end up being very repetitive and 'samey'.

ISee

checkliste_studienwahtduwb.jpg

Awesome visuals (for its time). [check]
Fast paced action. [check]
No auto health regen. [check]
Carry around an insane amount of weapons (by today's standard). [check]
Chainsaw. [check]
Find the red keycard and can't remember where the red door is. [check]
Get lost in the level and run around for 5 minutes without being able to find the correct way. [check]
Be exited about finding a secret location. [check]

Yes this is definitely DOOM.

But overall I love how they also managed to modernized some gameplay parts like being able to use the chainsaw to get ammo or the melee execution mechanic. Also the speed in this game is insane. I feel like I'm a true angel of death, gliding around the map and annihilating everything in my path.

I don't know, personally whatever this genre is just irritates me, just sounds like white noise with wubs here and there.

Fair enough

I'm not even a metal guy (exception being Deftones and System of a down), but certainly appreciate what Mick pulled off here

Totally forgot he did Wolf: TNO as well.... man, I would just let that title screen music play for minutes on end. SO GOOD.

Gold_Loot

I don't know, personally whatever this genre is just irritates me, just sounds like white noise with wubs here and there.
Some of the combat music is a little grating in the earlier levels. Hell especially sounds great when the
Gothic choir vocals kick in
though.

gossi

Going to make a SnapMap OT later tonight after work if no one else does. I love it and it deserves its own thread and more attention

Please do. I just played a co-op Parkour map somebody map, and a tower defense game with 4 people. And a heated CTF game. On Xbox, where the map makers names all had PC in username. It's a really great feature.

ISee

I don't want to mess up my save game (because of enabling potential cheats) but does IDDQD and IDKFA still work?

Please do. I just played a co-op Parkour map somebody map, and a tower defense game with 4 people. And a heated CTF game. On Xbox, where the map makers names all had PC in username. It's a really great feature.

I'm thinking im gonna make a 4-player co-op map where each player is in their own partitioned stage but there are buttons littered through the game that will either send demons or supplies to the other players when pressed.

My full walktrough:

14 hours 50 minutes. (Normal difficulty)

Pro:

-Everything

Contra:

-Loading screens. -.-"
-Maybe texture pop-ups 1-2 times (xbox)

Bedlam

Is this game going to be a surprised like Wolfenstein New Order in terms of how good it was?
That's a firm yes!

And that's coming from someone who was highly sceptical of the euphoric opinions just a couple of hours ago. For me thos feels like when I first discovered Burnout 3 back then, only on shooter-terms now.

gossi

Woah, I just finished a co-op original Doom map somebody remade in SnapMap. The finisher moves work in SnapMap so we just went around ripping off arms.

Varg

Banned
Single player looks great and I may pick it up this weekend . Any big changes to the multiplayer or is it the same as the beta? What's max rank?

My father almost wept in tears when he saw the trailer . He hasn't played games in ages since the Ps1 days but as soon as he saw this he wants to buy a ps4 on Sunday. We were big doom/blood/shadow warrior fans back on the day .

Ultryx

Anyone having issues playing multiplayer? Loaded it up twice and tried to get into Team DM. Right when it finds a group the game just closes out. Any tips or suggestions?

Edit: I am on PC.

Can you play while it's still downloading or installing on Xbox or PS4? Still looking at 3-4 hours to download the rest, I assume, and I don't want to turn my system on for no reason but would like to start it.

Anyone having issues playing multiplayer? Loaded it up twice and tried to get into Team DM. Right when it finds a group the game just closes out. Any tips or suggestions?

I can get in fine on xbox one, but im seeing a lot of issues with connections and stuff. A lot of people have red bars, nowhere near as lag free as my experience in the beta

Ultryx

I can get in fine on xbox one, but im seeing a lot of issues with connections and stuff. A lot of people have red bars, nowhere near as lag free as my experience in the beta

I guess I should specify I'm on PC. Thanks though!

Guys I lost my chainsaw. When you first get it, I died just after and now its gone. Is it a bug or is a one time use thing?

I'm making the assumption you're on the same platform as me (PC). Try pressing 'G'?

GOOCHY

I rented from Redbox to determine whether this one is going to be a $60 pickup for me or wait for some discounts. Looking forward to it with all the good impressions.

Justinh

https://giant.gfycat.com/VerifiableWellmadeChickadee.gif
adorable...

I like it when he progression spoiler
punches the thing that give you gun upgrades more
. I tried to capture it because I wanted to gif that, but I accidentally pressed Start Record instead of Record like... last 7 minutes or whatever.

It's like he's
"Oh thanks, I got something fer you too!" Whapaah!

Doomguy is such an ass. I love it.

Also level spoiler
the freaking Toxin Refinery Classic Level was a pain in the ass to beat.
Took me like a dozen tries.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It's hilarious how good this game is. Hnnnng. This is madness. A fuckballs amazing Doom in 2016. HNNNNNNNG.

Wasn't expecting much from this game, but I've been watching Lirik play this on stream and it's pretty awesome. The game looks approriately challenging on a high difficulty setting.
The arena area's where you have to fight spawning mobs before you can progress are quite intense.
Looks like a well executed modern take on Doom that respects it's roots.

idhindsight

Neo Member
Question:

Are there quick-button controls to switch weapons for PS4? I really don't like weapon wheels.

IMO, I wouldn't mind seeing all 4 d-pads, plus square, triangle, x and circle all be quick-buttons. Make r1 jump or something. Fast weapon switching is important!

Justinh

It's hilarious how good this game is. Hnnnng. This is madness. A fuckballs amazing Doom in 2016. HNNNNNNNG.

I was thinking about this this morning. It's amazing. I was so hoping it would be good, but expecting it to be disappointing. Turns out it's awesome.

Woorloog

Banned
So, SnapMap.

Has potential but also has several issues:
1) The UI is made for controllers. Utter crap with KB/M. Think i'll plug in my 360 controller to make maps.
2) No outdoors map, not even skyboxes or some kind of limited outdoors thing.
3) Object counts etc. maybe kinda low for what PCs can do, i think. I know the limits are there for consoles in mind but how hard is it to add "Made for PCs" warning for maps for console players?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.shacknews.com/article/94...odes-and-console-commands-godmode-all-unlocks

Love ya id, console commands galore for folks on PC who just want to mess about and have fun, be it first play or later :)

How to Activate: To activate codes in Doom, bring down the Command Console by pressing [Ctrl + Alt + ~]. Input the code you want to use, and then press Enter to activate it.
Obviously, since these codes do change the way the game is played, we suggest completing the game all the way through without the use of any command codes, and then experimenting with which codes work best for you on your subsequent playthroughs.

Console Commands

iddqd
Toggles God-mode (still damageable by hazards). Causes Health to drain slowly at all times on Nightmare Difficulty.

idkfa
Gives the Doom Marine fully upgraded Health, Armor, and Ammo Capacity, as well as all unlockable Weapons, Weapon Mods (all fully upgraded), Suit Mods, and all available Suit Mod slots.

idfa
Gives player fully upgraded Armor, Health, and Ammo Capacity.

idka
Gives player all Weapon Mods, Weapons, and Weapon Mods are all fully upgraded.

ida
Gives the Doom Marine all Suit Mods and all Suit Mod slots.

iddt
Reveal all Secrets, items, and any unexplored areas of the map.

idgk
Toggle Glory Kills only. Makes all enemies immune to firearms and normal weapons, requiring player to kill them with Glory Kill animations.

Top Bottom