• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

rashbeep

Banned
ln6x12rY.jpg

lol

Okay, i was wrong about minigun, it's still seems overpowered in hands of some players, but even with issue multiplayer can be very, very fun. I guess this is depends on matchmaker, sometimes you can find perfectly balanced teams, sometimes you play 6vs4. So, it depends on luck, but mostly multiplayer is really great, i love it. I stop myself from playing singleplayer campaign, because i can see list of achievements, Bethesda still didn't make this game visible in Steam.
Oh god the shotty in MP is so fuckin FUN to use

Fuckin loving this game
I guess you are Paranoid_Android, right?

i don't think anyone is confusing them and they are both called doom.... not sure i can back this PSA!

Actually they are both just DOOM

I just heavily dislike it when studios use names of past games. It makes it annoying when trying to look up information on the older title. If I just type in "DOOM game" on Google, I'm going to get lots of results relating to the recent title. I COULD write "Doom 2016" but then eventually people forget the year it came out, and it's just unnecessary.

The BEST example of a reboot game that didn't interfere with the original is "Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty". It was a clever name that served as a reference to a product within the game, as well as being a double entendre for a new game in the series, but best of all - it doesn't get in the way of the original title "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee"

I LOVE both Doom games, but it just irritates me. Tomb Raider is another one. When you ask people if they played Tomb Raider, you have to clarify if you mean the 2013 reboot, or the 1996 classic. Even on Steam, the original game is listed as "Tomb Raider (I)" whereas the new one is just "Tomb Raider" It's a minor thing, sure - but a massive pet peeve of mine.

Bah! Rant over. I need to shoot some demons!

dlauv

Calling it DOOM 4 I think would have been worse for marketing. Less accessibility.

But of course I mean, really good marketing can work with anything.

Side note: Hayden is so great. I wish he would slur his words a little more like he did in the first monitor chat. "To soooolve this little..."

Calling it DOOM 4 I think would have been worse for marketing. Less accessibility.

Oh absolutely, no doubt about it. I just wished that within gaming communities and series discussion, people would refer to this as Doom 4.

Though I imagine for many, this is the real Doom 3. Not me though, I LOVED Doom 3.

Just in case anyone was curious regarding my ongoing audio issues (XBO version) with spoken audio not playing through, I tried having the audio play through my TV speakers instead of my sound bar and I still have the same problem. At least I know 100% know that it's an issue with the game and not my speakers. Still, it's a bummer.

I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the disc or whether so much of it is installed onto the hard drive these days that it's more likely an issue with the installation. Vocal audio not playing through is pretty much the only issue I'm having with the game still these many hours in.

What u mean ? My time played gets tracked

Apparently The app still has the section_type = ownersonly flag applied, which limits the public display of community activity.

Considering this game has achievements and Steam cards it's something that a lot of people have noticed even though steam does track it but not on your profile.

Alienous

Just in case anyone was curious regarding my ongoing audio issues (XBO version) with spoken audio not playing through, I tried having the audio play through my TV speakers instead of my sound bar and I still have the same problem. At least I know 100% know that it's an issue with the game and not my speakers. Still, it's a bummer.

I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the disc or whether so much of it is installed onto the hard drive these days that it's more likely an issue with the installation. Vocal audio not playing through is pretty much the only issue I'm having with the game still these many hours in.

I think I suggested earlier that you go into the audio settings of the Xbox One and change the way it outputs. I can't recall if its 7.1 by default, but whatever it is change it. Maybe you've tried it already, but it's apparently a fairly common Xbox One issue due to a recent update.

I had that same problem with Quantum Break. Vocal audio didn't play. The above solution fixed it.

Apocryphon

Game is incredible. I loved Doom 3 and Rage too but this is easily the best FPS I have played since Quake. Instant classic. I haven't even opened Uncharted 4 yet.

Wait

... This is good?
Shit like this is never gonna not make me shake my head at the shitty marketing. For those of us paying attention we knew it would be great (not good). It's a shame there's was this assumption it wouldn't be good. What game has id made that wasn't good? Rage? Doom 3? Quake 3? Quake 2? Quake? Doom II? Doom?

Anyway you see what I'm getting at. A talented developer that has a stellar release record.

I think I suggested earlier that you go into the audio settings of the Xbox One and changing the way it outputs. I can't recall if its 7.1 default, but whatever it is change it. Maybe you've tried it, but it's apparently a fairly common Xbox One issue due to a recent update.

I had that same problem with Quantum Break. Vocal audio didn't play.

Oh, I guess I missed your post in here. Thanks for the tip, but it was one of the first things I actually did - went through and tried all the different audio configurations. I used one of the automated hologram dudes to test out each setting to see if it fixed things, but none of them did. :\

Simo

The sound is all kinds of whack on stereo speakers. Anyone having better luck with 5/7.1 or headphones?

Sounds great on my, albeit cheap, surround system and the PS4 Gold headset? Jeeeeeesus! Like if you played the beta then the moment the Bethesda/id logos came up they'd blow your fucking eardrums out and they still didn't fix it. lol

As for the game itself? Yeah it sounds fucking great and loud on the Golds!

Reebot

This game is so fucking awesome.

No terrible story nonsense, no slow walking sections, just good game.

This deserves to be a massive success, and hopefully will swing the pendulum of game design back towards the "game" end of the spectrum.

Alienous

Oh, I guess I missed your post in here. Thanks for the tip, but it was one of the first things I actually did - went through and tried all the different audio configurations. I used one of the automated hologram dudes to test out each setting to see if it fixed things, but none of them did. :\

Eugh, that sucks.

I'll keep an eye out for any fixes, or others with the same issue. But that is strange.

Dammit. I have too many games to play already. Does this have anything similar to doom 2's double shotty? And do we tend to fight a few strong enemies at a time (aka quake and most modern shooters) or just armies of weak-ish enemies (aka Doom)?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Tactical or Strafe definitely have to be the best controller options for game pad.

Do you think we'll get single player DLC for this game?

It will be a damn shame if we don't. Every other Doom title had an expansion.

The thing is, there's no mention of singleplayer levels in the stinking Season Pass.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Says some people on neogaf

Some will say it's average

You shouldn't care what others think of the game and form your own score

I'm still gonna rent the game and form my own opinion

Breh you are not going to like this game. It is ok. The world will go on.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Multiplayer feels like Halo or Quake in a way.

Shame cause i really love the Single Player but after hitting Echelon 1 and halfway to Echelon 2 its not really doing anything for me.

Eugh, that sucks.

I'll keep an eye out for any fixes, or others with the same issue. But that is strange.

Doiiii. I'm an idiot.

So, I went ahead and quit out of not just the game (which i'd done before), but the app in the XBO Guide and then booted it back up. And so far that has fixed the issue. I tried quitting the app earlier, but primarily playing on the PS4 I didn't know how to do it on the console (it wasn't in the 'manage game' option) so just assumed maybe you couldn't.

I wish I'd done this earlier, heh. Either way, thanks for your help and responding to me!

Top Bottom