• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone know how to get this little guy

ibg5kfp.jpg

It's right after you reach hell.

Play the level normally. You'll eventually get to a point where you can go get that collectible.

Oh, and that level has at least one other secret that is visible well before you can get to it.

EDIT Just keep an eye on the auto-map as well. Helps finding stuff a lot.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Very interested in seeing a speedrun of Level 4. It seemed pretty non-linear, and it also seems like you can make some unintended jumps off of certain geography.

Sooo, is their anyway to make vibration more noticeable? Like I don't even think shooting does any and I have it enabled on PC. I'm pretty sure the beta had more.

I NEEEEEEED Vibration

Fantomas

Anyone know how to get this little guy

ibg5kfp.jpg

It's right after you reach hell.

I remember that one, you should find it if you're searching later on, I think it was one of those times where you are supposed to go left, but you go right instead and it leads back to that spot.

nubbe

Sooo, is their anyway to make vibration more noticeable? Like I don't even think shooting does any and I have it enabled on PC. I'm pretty sure the beta had more.

I NEEEEEEED Vibration

Depends on the controller you are using since they use different motors

The Xbone Elite feels good

Depends on the controller you are using since they use different motors

The Xbone Elite feels good

I'm using a regular Xbone controller, most games typically have console level vibration (aside from the trigger stuff but i don't care about that) it's such a little thing but it really makes shooting better in my opinion.

KingKong

This game gets really intense on ultra violent later on. Especially because I keep somehow missing the power up until everything is dead

pa22word

I don't think it's anything like metroid prime other than the platforming, but that has more to do with the fact they had to make the game work with a controller more than anything else.

lazygecko

So any weapon and armor upgrades that stand apart from the rest as more useful?

I found the maxed out explosive charge shotgun to be the most all-around useful. I ended up using it more often than the double-barreled. The fully upgraded explosive shot is super powerful, and during the downtime waiting for a new charge you can just spam regular shots.

Woorloog

Banned
So any weapon and armor upgrades that stand apart from the rest as more useful?

I upgraded Dexterity for armor first. Overall the armor upgrades are kinda meh.

Weapon upgrades depend on your playstyle largely. But some notes:
The Mobile Turret upgrade for Chaingun is far better than the alternative.
Don't waste points upgrading pistol.
Upgraded and Mastered Super Shotgun is great.
If you go for Siege Mode for the Gauss Rifle, upgrade and Master ASAP so that you can move with it.

Mupod

Welp. Found a game-breaking bug, I can't progress past the
Argent Energy Tower
final section. The screen fades to black and hangs forever. Help?

nubbe

Glory kills are never going to get old
I love this "in your face combat" and it feels a bit like a powerup since you get health and ammo from it, thus rewarding, and it feels good the smash shit

MazeHaze

Banned
The reception to this reminds me of Dying Light. No early review copies so everybody assumed it would be shit, great word of mouth because people were having fun and a bunch of us picked it up day 1 and had a blast. I think holding review copies worked in its favor here, if we would have all seen the 7s and 8s on day 1 a lot of people would have skipped out because it's not a 9 or 10. It's so great to see people just being hyped and having fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will say once you get to a certain point in the game, the first half of your weapon wheel rarely gets used. Between upgrades and runes, I'm having no problem keeping ammo for the higher level guns.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The reception to this reminds me of Dying Light. No early review copies so everybody assumed it would be shit, great word of mouth because people were having fun and a bunch of us picked it up day 1 and had a blast. I think holding review copies worked in its favor here, if we would have all seen the 7s and 8s on day 1 a lot of people would have skipped out because it's not a 9 or 10. It's so great to see people just being hyped and having fun.
I actually always like when there's games out without reviews. I hate reading impressions that are geared toward responding to critics instead of honest reactions.

antitrop

Dying Light and Until Dawn are the two games from last year I was most wrong about prior to their release.
My skepticism for Dying Light came from my strong dislike of Dead Island and Until Dawn from my dislike of Quantic Dream games.

So far this year, I've only been wrong about Far Cry Primal.

AEREC

Glad this game is getting universal user praise...totally did not expect that.

Also it really should have been called Doom 4.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Glory kills are never going to get old
I love this "in your face combat" and it feels a bit like a powerup since you get health and ammo from it, thus rewarding, and it feels good the smash shit
They're great for when you need a quick breather in the midst of the huge fights too.

Neiteio

I don't think it's anything like metroid prime other than the platforming, but that has more to do with the fact they had to make the game work with a controller more than anything else.
I know DOOM 2016 and Metroid Prime are very different games, but I get the comparison he was making, and I definitely appreciate that sort of sensibility

DryvBy

Dying Light and Until Dawn are the two games from last year I was most wrong about prior to their release.
My skepticism for Dying Light came from my strong dislike of Dead Island and Until Dawn from my dislike of Quantic Dream games.

So far this year, I've only been wrong about Far Cry Primal.

Dying Light was incredible. I had absolutely no idea I was going to get it until I saw the Season Pass glitch from GameStop.

Brick

I don't think I've ever played a game that knows exactly what it is more than this game (if that makes any sense). This is incredible. I grinned like an idiot through that entire introduction sequence.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I don't think I've ever played a game that knows exactly what it is more than this game (if that makes any sense). This is incredible. I grinned like an idiot through that entire introduction sequence.

ID couldnt afford to fuck around this time. Shit was on the line to actually know what DOOM was and not fuck it up. Glad to see they will probably make another game now.

antitrop

It's the closest thing we'll ever get to Far Cry Blood Dragon's tutorial in a full $60 AAA game.

Adnor

Banned
I can't stop thinking about a new Quake. Just take Doom, add strafing and rocket jumping, more verticality and a gothic and lovecraftian aesthetic. It would be so cool.

blado

So I installed the new Nvidia drivers and started playing again, and now all of the audio is sped up. It's hilarious. Everyone sounds like chipmunks, and the demons sound like evil kittens.

george_us

Man, Hell is something else, the atmosphere is fantastic. But damn, did the difficulty go up lol. I'm considering taking it down a notch.
Getting my ass beat at the arena encounter containing all of the
Summoners and Hell Knight
on Normal. So good.

antitrop

Just got to Hell and it's actually starting to give me a little trouble on Ultra-Violence for the first time in the game. Time to take a break, I've been playing like 5 hours straight.

The combat gets a lot more interesting in Hell, though. More open environments and lots of little platforms to encourage you to double jump all over the place. Good stuff.

Brick

It's the closest thing we'll ever get to Far Cry Blood Dragon's tutorial in a full $60 AAA game.

Geez, that's actually a great comparison. It's like if Blood Dragon, instead of laughing at itself, committed hard to taking itself as seriously as possible.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just got to Hell and it's actually starting to give me a little trouble on Ultra-Violence for the first time in the game. Time to take a break, I've been playing like 5 hours straight.

The combat gets a lot more interesting in Hell, though. More open environments and lots of little platforms to encourage you to double jump all over the place. Good stuff.
Yeah, Hell is a lot harder but also super fun.

The combat really comes to life in those encounters.

Mupod

I was feeling really challenged until I got stun bombs and rocket detonation shrapnel. Once I get the game to stop crashing we'll see if Hell holds up.

Apparently nvidia drivers are fucking gigantic these days and my tiny ssd needed serious cleaning up just to upgrade them.

edit: that seems to have fixed it.

Top Bottom