• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Balanced
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
gg go next.

This is great, watch for 5 minutes, then you don't need to watch the rest of the game.

Hey, I had to watch until at least minute 10 to know the outcome of this game. I think EG would have been fine if they didn't screw up with their first engagement with undying.

aeolist

Banned
yeah these stomps sure show the clear skill difference between teams, especially when they go back and forth taking games off of each other

this tournament feels like a coin flip

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
yeah these stomps sure show the clear skill difference between teams, especially when they go back and forth taking games off of each other

Teams play much safer and secure a lead because of the previous patch. Laning stage is hyper important in this patch. And there have been plenty of close games this tournament.

In addition, the lead that VG is getting is snowballed even further due to the bounty hunter.

G.ZZZ

What are you saying this is best patch ever
goodjob.gif

This isn't even the coemback gold, it's just that getting 3 kills early on give you like 3k gold it's stupid. You never saw 15k golds leads at 10-12 mins before, now it happened i think 2 or 3 times already only in this tournament. Icefraud plz staph what are u doin
sad.gif

EDIT: and to make matters worse, HG is still relatively absurdly strong so you have to see stomps dragged 15-20 mins more because of it zzz

aeolist

Banned
Teams play much safer and secure a lead because of the previous patch. Laning stage is hyper important in this patch. And there have been plenty of close games this tournament.

In addition, the lead that VG is getting is snowballed even further due to the bounty hunter.

i haven't watched the whole tournament but the only close games i've seen were ones when both teams played like shit

and bounty is just exacerbating the problem, there have been plenty of near 1k gold advantage per minute games without him

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Coulda called this one some time ago, but it's done.

Not enough physical damage from EG to kill tombstone early.

It normally helps if you aren't 24-4.

Give anyone enough gold from kills, and they aren't gonna fall off, especially if EG doesn't have a real 'hard' carry in terms of physical damage to handle tombstone, or lategame UD and DK.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I feel we do have a good chance to get a 6.84c ether right after the summit ends, or right after the TI5 qualifiers. I could see Icefrog waiting for the qualifiers, since they are going to have 10x more games played then the summit.

Well, I feel we do have a good chance to get a 6.84c ether right after the summit ends, or right after the TI5 qualifiers. I could see Icefrog waiting for the qualifiers, since they are going to have 10x more games played then the summit.

I don't think he's going to wait, he probably already knows what small changes to make so games don't snowball out of control so fast.

aeolist

Banned

i think we need some changes ASAP or we might see some really stupid qualifier results. this tournament it does seem like the top 3 teams are clearly the best, but when a bunch of t2/t3 pubstars go up against each other for a spot at TI i could easily see someone who doesn't deserve it getting first place.

not that qualifier teams have ever done well at TI anyway, but it's still a concern.

TUSR

Banned

The Rave guy is ninjaboogie.

Ryu is an NAdota pubstar who's played on some on some tier 2 (or 3) teams in the past. https://twitter.com/ryuuboruzdota

Yeah this needs a fix, teams are figuring out the patch and I don't think it looks very pretty

He's budget Matt Damon from TI4 group stages

Id rather have Chaun on the couch than NB.

Mordeccai

I wanted to play a warm up game of doto before IHL today, but didnt' really want to try too hard. Just wanted to pwn some scrubs.

So I logged into my buddy's 2.2k account (I'm 3.1, not high but shit that 1k makes a difference) and this was the result on Gyrocopter

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1481569177

I wish I knew how to make gifs. I tell WK to go die in teh middle of their jungle while I was on the way with a bottled DD rune. He dies, all five enemies sit around him waiting for reincarnate

I pop DD, flak cannon, and calll down. Delete entire team, rampage in 3 seconds.
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif

i think we need some changes ASAP or we might see some really stupid qualifier results. this tournament it does seem like the top 3 teams are clearly the best, but when a bunch of t2/t3 pubstars go up against each other for a spot at TI i could easily see someone who doesn't deserve it getting first place.

not that qualifier teams have ever done well at TI anyway, but it's still a concern.

So what you are saying here is that this patch is what PPD actually had to say about 6.83 about it rewarding bad teams? These two last games I think the draft/skills factor earned both teams a victory more so than anything regarding 6.84 changes.

Disagree, this was more of a problem in 6.83 than it is now. Now drafting and the laning stage are really important, and experienced teams are just more disciplined and consistent so they'll almost always win.

Also if anyone doesnt want to listen to BTS casting Waga is kind of commentating on his channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom