• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

I pop DD, flak cannon, and calll down. Delete entire team, rampage in 3 seconds.
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif
HBoYecp.gif

lol

Was pretty funny

Happens at 28 mins

aeolist

Banned
So what you are saying here is that this patch is what PPD actually had to say about 6.83 about it rewarding bad teams? These two last games I think the draft/skills factor earned both teams a victory more so than anything regarding 6.84 changes.

i think that's the case at the top level, though it still feels like a coin flip. with less skilled teams playing in the qualifier i'm worried it will just look random.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
i think we need some changes ASAP or we might see some really stupid qualifier results. this tournament it does seem like the top 3 teams are clearly the best, but when a bunch of t2/t3 pubstars go up against each other for a spot at TI i could easily see someone who doesn't deserve it getting first place.

not that qualifier teams have ever done well at TI anyway, but it's still a concern.

I couldn't disagree with you more. The teams you're watching now are top tier teams and know when to push an advantage and how to secure it even futher. They are good at minimizing mistakes, especially when in the lead. The laning stage is hyper important and the teams know how to capitalize on it.

The backlash on this patch is, like always, coming way too soon. Give it some time to breath, guys.

liezryou

Anyone else notice how ridiculously one sided most 6.84 matches are?

Even in this series, each game was significantly in one team's favor throughout.

manfestival

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

KingKong

Still sticking with my theory that EGs first games against Secret were misdirection. No way does master drafter Peter Dager force drow and dark seer two games in a row otherwise

I couldn't disagree with you more. The teams you're watching now are top tier teams and know when to push an advantage and how to secure it even futher. They are good at minimizing mistakes, especially when in the lead. The laning stage is hyper important and the teams know how to capitalize on it.

The backlash on this patch is, like always, coming way too soon. Give it some time to breath, guys.

I agree. Dota is always evolving. Even at Starladder, when people were whining about Troll/Sniper and the meta being so stale, the top picks were still changing as the tournament went along. Misery said yesterday that most games are so short right now because the teams don't really know how to draft for the new patch yet, so there's lots of outdrafts, which results in shorter, more one-sided games. Not sure if I agree 100%, but it definitely sounds reasonable.

This Kuro interview is awesome. I really enjoy hearing him talk about Dota (or anything, for that matter). Hard to imagine that he was a flamer when he was younger.

G.ZZZ

I agree. Dota is always evolving. Even at Starladder, when people were whining about Troll/Sniper and the meta being so stale, the top picks were still changing as the tournament went along. Misery said yesterday that most games are so short right now because the teams don't really know how to draft for the new patch yet, so there's lots of outdrafts, which results in shorter, more one-sided games. Not sure if I agree 100%, but it definitely sounds reasonable.

This Kuro interview is awesome. I really enjoy hearing him talk about Dota (or anything, for that matter). Hard to imagine that he was a flamer when he was younger.

Hard to imagine a 15 years old wasn't tbh. He got humbled many, many times.

Sianos

New record for win streak, 12 games in a row!

Not really a huge fan conceptually of running around the map killing people instead of the zen discipline of efficient farming, but hyper aggression is working so I guess I can't really complain too much.
horse.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What are you saying this is best patch ever
goodjob.gif

This isn't even the coemback gold, it's just that getting 3 kills early on give you like 3k gold it's stupid. You never saw 15k golds leads at 10-12 mins before, now it happened i think 2 or 3 times already only in this tournament. Icefraud plz staph what are u doin
sad.gif

EDIT: and to make matters worse, HG is still relatively absurdly strong so you have to see stomps dragged 15-20 mins more because of it zzz

Yeah, I mean the big irony is that the main two things (of the 6-7 big changes that bring the focus back to the early game and laning stage) driving this are:
1) Kill gold
2) Rich supports

People in the past have always whined about wanting kills to be the major focus and how poor and miserable playing a support can be. With the new AoE gold distribution (combined with the nerfs to creep gold and the buff to kill gold overall), supports on the winning team (aka the team racking up kills) get rich as fuck quicker than ever—even the 5th position—versus the supports on the losing team who have nothing. Then you're getting a mek, arcane, force, drums, etc... all these sustain and fight items WAY earlier. Can't have your cake and eat it too when it comes to dota I guess :p.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Secret about to show #bleedblue how to counter Visage with Drow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom