• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I loathe playing against Slark so much that I can't bring myself to play as him.
dac15_fantastic.gif

Maybe post a match ID? Although just looking at LH/HD usually is enough to tell.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After spaming Slark a while I have found out he really isn't that great (nor am I that good as him), and have had a really high win rate against him in the last few patches.

But he's really, really easy to go nuts with in low-MMR games because the skill floor is relatively low and it takes a bit of knowledge and/or teamwork to counter a minimally competent one (see also: Weaver, PL, Riki, etc.)

Support SB is pretty fun. Should've gone SB SB but I was at a loss after Treads/Urn/Mask/BKB.

Does Orchid work well on him? We won pretty easily but they had a Chinese Puck that was pretty good so I would've liked to shut him down more.

1700 MMR is a real drag. Thinking about starting a new account to try to recalibrate.

dont bother, i tried doing that and i ended up basically the same

though i heard that some people were able to game the system by picking zeus and spamming the ult every time it came off cooldown in order to boost their hero damage stat, which initial mmr was said to be primarily based off of

Wok

why must everyone insist on playing carry? Why must I suffer through the team 4 picking carries? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

There are two usually bad things: everyone playing carry, and everyone rushing bloodstone.

Apart from this, Shadow Demon has great ways to farm the jungle. It is amazing.

G.ZZZ

im really starting to like this patch

but i feel like T2 need more armor

Less kill bounty on heroes plz, larger ramps on base, revert creep gold nerfs, huskar ulti range buff at 2 and 3, shrapnel damage towers again, troll base damage increased by 3, LC PtA cd decreased from 16/15/14/13 to 14/12/10/8 , kka torrent mana cost lowered to 90
88EGmCc.gif

Less kill bounty on heroes plz, larger ramps on base, revert creep gold nerfs, huskar ulti range buff at 2 and 3, shrapnel damage towers again, troll base damage increased by 3, LC PtA cd decreased from 16/15/14/13 to 14/12/10/8 , kka torrent mana cost lowered to 90
88EGmCc.gif

Valve pls hire this guy BibleThump

she has the best arcana and sets.

No way, arcana rankings go like this:

Lina - simple, pretty and goes easily with most sets.
Shadow Fiend - nice and consistant fire theme, looks good overall.
Terrorblade - this is what default terrorblade should have been, mostly because default tb looks duuuuumb. I like the secondary color gems concept (aside from them being expensive as shit).
Crystal Maiden - pretty, but I don't really like the face painting part. The pet howling during your ult is neat.
Legion Commander - eh.
Phantom Assassin - the particle effects are overdone, especially since blur makes pa's great look pretty messy to begin with. I don't like the color of the blades at all, nor the voice filters.
Techies - fuck techies.

How many matches do you guys usually play in a sitting? I find I usually can't go more than 2 or 3 in one session before getting "fatigued". So at most lately I've been playing 2 or 3 games a day.

1 or 2. If I got any further than that I start playing sloppy when I realize there's a million other better things I could be doing with this time.

Usually if I get to the 5th game, I start to really hate Dota, so I don't usually go over 1 or 2.

Is Viper op now? Seen lots of strong Vipers recently...
Good hero, now the meta is more early game oriented he's even better now, wouldn't call him OP though. He's always been annoying to go up against in pubs, same deal with Undying.

This BB vs Turtle game is the first time I've seen a Lotus Orb actually win a fight.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If I'm looking at the brackets right, sings team got knocked out in the round of 64.

Edit: wrong BU, it was Arise's team that got knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom