• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
lool summers rift lost, out of open qualifiers

Defeated by ex-Union gaming, simply reked. Now its a SA dota finals.

Edit: To little surprise, they are being accused of cheating. People are saying the may have swapped players.

Pratfall

did you guys know that the first 2 games of the TI3 finals that we all hold as sacred were 15 minute and 20 minute stomps in either direction?

the coin flip meta is eternal!

shira

did you guys know that the first 2 games of the TI3 finals that we all hold as sacred were 15 minute and 20 minute stomps in either direction?

KKY tapping out early, xboct went nuclear on his ass
20130813055232a0djvzqtzdpmhjtj.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

most dota games were stomps pre-6.82 tbh, people just got used to the comeback mechanic

pretty sure even ti2 had only like one good finals game

shira

Defeated by ex-Union gaming, simply reked. Now its a SA dota finals.

Edit: To little surprise, they are being accused of cheating. People are saying the may have swapped players.

I'd really like to know what the server rules for TI5 qualifiers will be. The coin flip for server choice will be huge for SA vs NA games.

Dares

So is there going to be any "Hub" for the TI quals?

I know there probably isn't going to be a EU Hub, but will there be a NA Hub?

They start real soon and I haven't really seen anything about them yet.

inkls

I do wish Lone Druid wasn't in such a shitty spot. I want to be able to use my red panda spirit bear. :(

hes decent in pubs. I'm still all for buffing that hero more tho. For the record you can just live with the red panda. I swap between the red and white one between games.

Radec

The grand finals of this series consisted of 4 matches, and here is the breakdown on how much each one lasted:

1st: 39m11s
2nd: 45m14s
3rd: 19m48s
4th: 13m47s

Averaging for a total of 29 mins, hard fact don't lie, salty whiners because the better team won do.

Isn't PPD/EG known for gg'ing out early if they know they have no chance of coming back?

shira

So is there going to be any "Hub" for the TI quals?

I know there probably isn't going to be a EU Hub, but will there be a NA Hub?

They start real soon and I haven't really seen anything about them yet.

Probably only Valve, casters and players know wtf is going on. I mean there is i-League LAN in 36 hours. How the fuck are they going to get back in time. The only piece of info that we have is that the qualifiers are "last week of May"

If Valve wants to drop 6.84c before i-League that is some crazy shit to adapt to.

My guess is 6.84c will come after the qualifiers are over and we get the Immortals Box II right as the TI5 qualifiers start

Updated LAN infos

$421k, i-League 3 May 19-24 Q: LGD, VG, VGP, NB, MY, [A], EP, iG
t1432058400z1.png

TI5 Qualifiers(NA/CN): May 25-28
t1432530000z4.png

TI5 Qualifiers(EU/SEA): May 29-Jun 1
t1432875600z4.png

$90k WCA-NA Burbank Jun 2 Q: NoT, Summer
t1433271600z4.png

$134k, MLG2: Austin Jun 4-7 Q: Empire, EG, MY, [A], VP, Mouz, SR, Vega
$326k MarsTV Shanghai June 3-7 Q: LGD, Cloud9, VG, iG, Secret, EHOME +2
t1433437200z1.png

$100k, DH Jonkoping Jun 13-16 Q: +6
t1434214800z1.png

$250k, ESL1 Frankfurt Jun 20-21 Q: EG, VG, Secret, VP, [A], C9, iG, MY
t1434819600z1.png

$89k, WCA-CN Jul 4-6 Q: +4
t1435932000z1.png

IHL2 Grand Final Jul 17-19 Q: +2
t1437163200z4.png

$8388k TI5 Seattle Jul 28 - Aug 8 Q: VG, EG, Secret, LGD, C9, VP, MY, iG, Empire, NB +6
t1438110000z4.png

WCA - PAX Aug 28-31
t1440788400z4.png

sidebar
Dota 2 Treasure Keys expire
t1435734000z4.png

Dota Pit EG vs Secret
never

other team picks techies so i rush tp to safe lane as omni support and stop him from setting any mines

i place an obs and up courier and buy sents

sent spots out enemy obs and mines, i ping them and try to remove obs

instead I get fucking CHASED literally half way across the fucking jungle by a techies right clicking me (cause i was low hp and out of mana) while fucking ally jungle ench and ally sniper sit on their asses farming

my sent gets dewarded, techies proceeds to go ham, g fucking g

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isn't PPD/EG known for gg'ing out early if they know they have no chance of coming back?

Yes, I also feel half the reason the games for the summit looked so Snowbally was EG was super volatile this tournament, they were all over the place.

Madouu

Looking at their team composition, it seems to me that counter initiating would be much more effective than using your skills to initiate.

Get a force staff if you want to get out after using your skills, make sure you catch insta interrupts in your combo. You can fissure first and then blink echo if you want to be safe. Also, bkb is a good item on es.

Your impact seems to have been good this game but you still die too much as a support.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
2) Don't build Aghs on ES. Get another utility if you are dying a lot like Force or Vlads, or just get Refresher.
3) Why max totem vs their line up? If you are close to any of them you are dead. Also you are losing almost 3s of stun (and most importantly not chain stunning so they cant BKB) until you get higher level which probably took a while. You don't deal the damage, your entire team does instead.

I learned that bkb >>>> than aghs on ES the hard way. We had 4 racks then i blew it because of silencer on the other team+ team was too aggressive and pa built 50 minute silver edge

Hylian7

Looking at their team composition, it seems to me that counter initiating would be much more effective than using your skills to initiate.

Get a force staff if you want to get out after using your skills, make sure you catch insta interrupts in your combo. You can fissure first and then blink echo if you want to be safe. Also, bkb is a good item on es.

Your impact seems to have been good this game but you still die too much as a support.

Not dying was hard, especially against that team for sure, but yeah, good advice otherwise.

2) Don't build Aghs on ES. Get another utility if you are dying a lot like Force or Vlads, or just get Refresher.
3) Why max totem vs their line up? If you are close to any of them you are dead. Also you are losing almost 3s of stun (and most importantly not chain stunning so they cant BKB) until you get higher level which probably took a while. You don't deal the damage, your entire team does instead.

I thought Aghs was typical on ES?

Also I maxed Enchant Totem for the mana cost, mostly because the mana cost of Fissure is probably too much for me to deal with.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I learned that bkb >>>> than aghs on ES the hard way. We had 4 racks then i blew it because of silencer on the other team+ team was too aggressive and pa built 50 minute silver edge

ES Aghs sort of sucks. I'm honestly not a big fan of any scepters that tend to be just more damage.

Moppeh

Banned
Also I maxed Enchant Totem for the mana cost, mostly because the mana cost of Fissure is probably too much for me to deal with.

Enchant is the last thing you max out, dude. Fissure and Aftershock get the priority.

Arcanes usually fix any ES mana issues. Once you have that, you are golden. Before that, get clarities and maybe a mango.

ES Aghs sort of sucks. I'm honestly not a big fan of any scepters that tend to be just more damage.

I have been playing him a bit lately trying to get better at him and thought I would try the aghs. Still kicking myself for not going euls or bkb instead.
I also always seem to make an echo slam aegis steal whenever I play him lol. Feels good.

Hylian you need to get that quick soul ring and not max W first unless you go crit shakeria

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yep, let's just look at the TI2 and TI3 grand finals:
TI3
43 mins
36 mins
47 mins
20 mins
15 mins

TI2
57 mins
38 mins
19 mins
28 mins

Avg. game time comes out to something like 33-35 minutes for both. Summit average game time for the finals was about ~30 mins, and considering that EG had a 13 and 18 minute GG (way earlier than most teams would GG), it comes out to about the same. Not to mention that just over a week ago, people were praising the Redbull finals as the greatest series since the TI3 finals.

I think the 6.82-6.83 era just really screwed up people's perceptions of match times and stomps. Stomps are quite common in dota, and should be. When you get outdrafted and outplayed, it usually leads to a stomp. This is what makes dota fundamentally different from a game like heroes of the storm, snowballing and building an advantage is a HUGE part of the game and has always been a core part of the appeal of dota. You have to fight for every inch and often change up your strategy(ies) on the fly. The rubberband really cheapened that feeling, that struggle, and cheapened those close games tha actually deserved to be close (aka TI3 final game). However, every great series has 1-2 close games (except for TI4) and that's why most people loved TI2 and TI3; however, again, there were only 1 or 2 close finals games that overshadowed the final stomps. Likewise, the summit had a back and forth, awesome, and close game 2.

I really don't want to see a kneejerk response because of this tourney from the frog; I think very small mechanic changes followed by some hero fine tuning (in 6.85 and beyond) is all the game really needs at this stage. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, pubs are fkn great right now.

Volodja

I thought Aghs was typical on ES?

As soon as you buy soul ring or Arcanes and your mana problems are much less prominent.
Just don't go around spamming fissure for nothing.

With your skill build you couldn't even chain stun anything until level 12.

Saprol

Aev95Ou.png

Figuring out how to set up the tabs took longer than I wanted it to.
sleeping.gif
ResidentSleeper.png
Added Twitch emoticons. Not any of the subscriber stuff. Shouldn't be so cramped with Quick Quote/Reply now, I think. Let me know if the update has ruined your ability to mash Invoker faces.

v4.1 featuring Taco Bell and Old Spice emoji: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9498-neogaf-dota2-emoticons
Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-Us/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
Not-Firefox (why aren't you on Firefox): http://tampermonkey.net/

SwiftRage.png
tbChickenBiscuit.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Hate hero challenges. All of mine are carries in a trench with zero support. Or they pick supports because of their hero challenge that they don't know how to play. Really wish Valve would just stop doing these altogether, it's almost always a detriment to good play.

And people doing the weirdest shit for those gameplay challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom