• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy for thinking Linken's could be a good item on Undying? With his absolute need to be in teamfights, he's going to become a first target for opposing heroes. And if the enemy is ignoring him, it gives him yet another tool for keeping his teammates alive.

Obviously there are other items you want first, but if the game goes on for a while I could see it as a good pickup.

shira

You should know these things shira.

muh internet points
DansGame.png

Am I crazy for thinking Linken's could be a good item on Undying? With his absolute need to be in teamfights, he's going to become a first target for opposing heroes. And if the enemy is ignoring him, it gives him yet another tool for keeping his teammates alive.

lotus orb imo; he's already built tanky and linkens is a situational item for some carries/semicarries to be able to survive one single-target disable so they can blink/shukuchi/etc. away

lotus orb on initiators and front-line tanks forces the defending team to make some tough choices

Demoli

I don't get the visage nerf, wasn't it already like that?

Otherwise i really like the nerfs everyone took, reasonable but not hero destroying.

kionedrik

What if Mek was changed to be something like diffusal with 2 levels

Mek 1: Headress + Buckler + 200g recipe - Heals 150 60sec cooldown 75 mana cost
Mek 2: Mek 1 + Ring of Health + 200g recipe - Heals 250 55sec cooldown 150 mana cost
GG: Mek 2 + recipe - Recipe will make it cost the same as original GG

This way Mek 1 is more favorable towards supports than cores and the buildup to GG is also easier.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What if Mek didn't work on creeps? That way you couldn't use it on your deathball zoos. It would strictly be a fighting item then. Typically when I buy one on a support I get it around 25-30 minutes in for mid-game fighting anyways. If you want it for minutes 10 deathball pushing it's always a core that picks it up now. Making it not work on creeps takes away a lot of its use as a core purchase, but does it nerf it too hard for supports?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
wouldn't that singlehandedly destroy chen?
I mean, it would destroy his ability to deahtball/zoo push, so yeah a little bit I guess. I dunno I don't play that hero. His ultimate heals his creeps. They could play with the effects or cooldown of that to compensate..

Trickster

How does selling items on the steam marketplace work exactly? I get that some are not sellbable before a certain date. But I just got the AM Witch Hunter set, which I see that people are selling, but I when I open my inventory via the http://steamcommunity.com/market site, it's not listed in my dota 2 inventory? The only items from my dota 2 inventory are 3 sets that have been unpacked?

Quesa

What if Mek was changed to be something like diffusal with 2 levels

Mek 1: Headress + Buckler + 200g recipe - Heals 150 60sec cooldown 75 mana cost
Mek 2: Mek 1 + Ring of Health + 200g recipe - Heals 250 55sec cooldown 150 mana cost
GG: Mek 2 + recipe - Recipe will make it cost the same as original GG

This way Mek 1 is more favorable towards supports than cores and the buildup to GG is also easier.

Not sure about the specifics, but I like the idea of a scaling Mek.

How does selling items on the steam marketplace work exactly? I get that some are not sellbable before a certain date. But I just got the AM Witch Hunter set, which I see that people are selling, but I when I open my inventory via the http://steamcommunity.com/market site, it's not listed in my dota 2 inventory? The only items from my dota 2 inventory are 3 sets that have been unpacked?

did the set drop for you? if so, it's probably not tradable. check the tag on the item.

I bought it for 1k coins via the compendium. It's not tradeable, but it says not about not being sellable? I guess that's basically the same then?

hmmmmm. i'm really not sure. the items don't say, "not tradable/marketable" when you mouse over them? that's the only way I can see them being restricted.

Gav47

Fuck this mek change, I already dont pick it up on supports because of the mana cost. Maybe I'll start picking up 2k worth is salves instead kappa

What else can you buy on pugna as first item to make him more durable?

Artanisix

"Holy Persuasion now provides a base HP minimum of 700/800/900/1000 instead of raw bonus HP"

looks like i'm spamming chen every game boys. enjoy getting pounded by 1000hp satyr purge creeps

Acinixys

I missed this s4 Haste Rune game, what happened and why is it so necessary that the Haste Rune duration was nerfed?

In one of the Summit finals he went top 3 times and got haste 3 times

I agree that QoP is really strong now

But its more about BKB being a total piece of shit

QoP, Enchantress, Enigma, Magnus etc etc

All their ults go through BKB

BKB buffs please IF you bastard. Even if you make it way more expensive and lock it at 8 seconds

Pure damage should be halved vs magic immunity

Hylian7

In one of the Summit finals he went top 3 times and got haste 3 times

I agree that QoP is really strong now

But its more about BKB being a total piece of shit

QoP, Enchantress, Enigma, Magnus etc etc

All their ults go through BKB

BKB buffs please IF you bastard. Even if you make it way more expensive and lock it at 8 seconds

Pure damage should be halved vs magic immunity

I read something about BKB being considered situational now and wanted to bring up a discussion of that in here.

Usually people buy BKBs for disables first, and damage second. With a lot of the damage stuff being pure damage, and going right through it, the fact that it isn't doing much to protect you even if you aren't getting stunned is a little off in my opinion. I do think BKB needs some kind of buff, as against most teams, especially in the pro scene "good positioning" will not be enough to not die to a lot of things.

DrPizza

Banned
Think you guys are massively overstating just how many spells go through bkb.

Plus, I don't think any new BKB-piercing disables have been added, have they? It's just damage going through. Which, sure, it's definitely a nerf, but it hasn't diminished the ability to fight through spells.

I suspect BKB felt "worse" in the Troll era, since bashes go through BKB anyway. Not new, but more relevant when Troll was first pick/ban material; it made BKB feel weaker.

Hylian7

Think you guys are massively overstating just how many spells go through bkb.

It's not quantity, it's quality. Lets say you are up against this team:

Enchantress
Lina
Clockwerk
Vengeful Spirit
Faceless Void

You would probably still buy a BKB against this team, but yet the item isn't doing you that much good at the same time. Lets look at what BKB will take care of for you, I've bolded the things that really are a big deal here:

Enchantress
-Untouchable
-Enchant Slow

Lina*
-Light Strike Array (a stun, probably what you are buying BKB for)
-Dragon Slave (damage, but worth noting)
*For arguments sake, lets assume she was mid and got a quick Aghs.

Clockwerk
-Cogs
-Battery Assault
-Rocket Flare

Vengeful Spirit
-Magic Missile

Faceless Void
-Time Walk slow

Now here's all the stuff that does go through BKB, the bolded stuff is the most dangerous generally.

Enchantress
-Impetus

Lina*
-Laguna Blade
*For arguments sake, lets assume she was mid and got a quick Aghs.

Clockwerk
-Hookshot

Vengeful Spirit
-Nether Swap

Faceless Void
-Chronosphere

That's a lot of shit that BKB is doing you no good against at the same time. Obviously BKB shouldn't be a free pass to say "fuck positioning", go ham, but it really doesn't give you enough vs this team.

Artanisix

Okay, but how many team comps will BKB be extremely useful for you?

BKB is situational, yeah, which is how most items and heroes should be. Itemize differently against this team then (although if you're a carry, I'd still buy BKB here). Buy linkens, draft a shadow demon or abaddon, etc, form a more resilient team that can withstand their early burst, etc.

BKB should never be the end-all and that's why magic-immune-piercing spells are slowly being added.

Sianos

I don't get the visage nerf, wasn't it already like that?

Otherwise i really like the nerfs everyone took, reasonable but not hero destroying.

Yeah, I thought it was always like that too. Last game I played with Drow and Visage I just told Drow to pop her aura whenever I was pushing or in fights, assuming that was the only time the bonus damage was added.

rac

Banned
Maybe icefrog saw how annoying bristlerac is in ihl2 and thats why he nerfed him

wtf why am i getting flamed

go watch some shitty anime

edit: wait how could they do this to bristle are they kidding me? is icefrog dumb
someone tell them to work on immortals b4 they ruin the game even more

rac

Banned
BTW guys I signed up for Marvel Unlimated with the free month they're giving away.

Anyone know of any Dr Strange comics that are must reads?

ViviOggi

10 years since immortal treasure.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to the blog. i stare at the screen for hours and try to summon the fraud. i watch other hatters streaming but it is no good. i flame bruno in his channel and try to resist the nazi mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually watch some old immortal screenshots and cry myself to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom