• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

inkls linked me to this video the other day:

https://youtu.be/Pb7PpCEwBQc

Now I can't get Thé à la Menthe out of my head.

https://youtu.be/k4Xx0k_TVY0

song_siren.gif

mayatomr_romance.gif

edit: hmm 6.84c

G.ZZZ

Patch Up

Might be old news but my Dota just updated now

Patch is literally jesus

6.84c
--
* Haste rune duration reduced from 30 to 25 S4 nerfs
* Mekansm cooldown increased from 45 to 65 GG nerfs, not sure they were needed but ok
* Tether movespeed bonus reduced from 17% to 14/15/16/17% wisp nerfs? I guess the hero had a high wr in tournaments i didn't see this either
* Rocket Barrage damage reduced from 11/15/19/23 to 8/13/18/23 icefraud why u buffed this skill to literally nerf the hero twice in the two weeks after lol
* Bristleback Base Attack Time increased from 1.7 to 1.8 stop nerf bristle ;_;
* Precision Aura's passive no longer has an exception for pseudo-heroes like Familiars (still affects them when cast, like creeps) i don't understand this?
* Spiderlings Poison Sting slow reduced from 15 to 12%
* Holy Persuasion now provides a base HP minimum of 700/800/900/1000 instead of raw bonus HP chen rekt
* Tombstone HP reduced from 200/400/600/800 to 175/350/525/700 This scaling is so odd, why nerf lvl 4 tombstone more than lvl1? Not sure but the hero can take this nerf adn still be extremely strong so w/e

* The fixed portion of the XP Hero Bounty for first 5 levels is reduced from 100/120/160/220/300 to 100/120/140/160/180 (then continues +100 per level as usual)

Thx jesus. Big nerf on early XP swings that made early skirmishes decide the game.

* AoE Gold Bounty, for teams that are behind, now has a small additional component that doesn't fully scale with net worth (100/75/50/35/25 for 1/2/3/4/5 heroes, scales linearly from 0 to 4k net worth difference)

A small buff Comeback gold, but early game only since it's linear. The formula for kill gold is now probably as long as my Thesis.

* Small adjustments to AoE Gold (non-networth component)

Old:
1: 154 + 7.7 * Level
2: 115.5 + 6.6 * Level
3: 66 + 5.5 * Level
4: 38.5 + 4.4 * Level
5: 33 + 4.4 * Level

New
1: 150 + 8 * Level
2: 100 + 7 * Level
3: 40 + 6 * Level
4: 25 + 4 * Level
5: 20 + 4 * Level

Slightly more gold for single kills, consistent nerf on 5 manning gold advantage. The stupidity of 5 manning dota all the time may be behind us luckily. I'd rather Icefraud buffed the jungle golds again since jungle is one of the best catchups mechanisms, but whatever, this is good too.

Some quality of life improvements for pubs, and a big nerf to the huge gold/xp swings we saw at TS3.

DrPizza

Banned
Goddammit. I have Undying in my second 10 hero challenge, and I thought when I saw him "better play that soon before he gets nerfed". But last night I went with Weaver (in two miserable, infuriating losses), as I thought "they probably won't nerf him for a few days".

How wrong I was.

---------------------

* Precision Aura's passive no longer has an exception for pseudo-heroes like Familiars (still affects them when cast, like creeps) i don't understand this?
Previously, the familiars would get the Drow aura when within 900 of her (or when she used the aura active). This meant that in 5-man pushes, the bonus damage had 100% uptime. Now the familiars only get the aura when the active is used, so they have it for 30 seconds out of 120.

G.ZZZ

Goddammit. I have Undying in my second 10 hero challenge, and I thought when I saw him "better play that soon before he gets nerfed". But last night I went with Weaver (in two miserable, infuriating losses), as I thought "they probably won't nerf him for a few days".

How wrong I was.

---------------------

Previously, the familiars would get the Drow aura when within 900 of her (or when she used the aura active). This meant that in 5-man pushes, the bonus damage had 100% uptime. Now the familiars only get the aura when the active is used, so they have it for 30 seconds out of 120.

Ah it's a significant nerf to drow/Visage strats. Tbh i really dislike the fact that drow is basically a joke pick without visage and extremely strong with it, so anything that nerf the absurd sinergy those two heroes have is good to me.

How wrong I was.
Undying is still good, he's always been one of the strongest pub heroes.
Ah it's a significant nerf to drow/Visage strats. Tbh i really dislike the fact that drow is basically a joke pick without visage and extremely strong with it, so anything that nerf the absurd sinergy those two heroes have is good to me.

What? Secret won with just Drow yesterday, she's still a good hero, joke pick is some hyperbole shit.

I find it amazing that QoP just never gets nerfed now, it's like she gets a free pass or something.

BigAT

How wrong I was.

It's a pretty minor nerf and he still has the second highest win rate for any hero, I think you'll be alright.

I think summons like Familiars only get the Precision Aura buff when the active is online (like for ranged creeps). Pretty huge nerf for that strat. We won't be seeing Drow + Visage as a default combo anymore.

ViviOggi

Lose another solo game trying to support egomaniac shitlords feeding solo kills into enemy team's 10 minute deathball literally every minute
Jugger solo rosh spotted? Gotta kill these mud golems mate (won one fight ez when we grouped up by chance QUICK GUYS back to 24/7 solo chainfeed I'm sure Lion is alone this time, the 4 heroes I see behind him must be illusions)
40 min Aghs only Meepo feeds 11th kill - abandon wp wp

One minute later publord deathball nerf thanks Obama

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So, how does the AoE gold bounty work? Is it a maximum of 100-125 extra gold for the losing team on kills or is that the minimum and it scales up?

Hah, I know that feel. I've seen that happen in pub games sometimes.

"Jesus, this Pudge has a Haste Rune every time I look at him!"

yep. it's pretty infuriating. and it's all the more reason for supports to be on point in their rotations to preserve runes for their midlaners. you can only give ganking mids so many runes before you end up paying for it in blood and treasure.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
All I know is that with all these creep bounty nerfs, comeback xp nerfs, early level xp nerfs, etc.. midas is fucking ownage now, and i'm buying it on every hero
dac15_fantastic.gif

yikes these changes, so quick after the main patch...

hm....

and yeah the lack of qop nerf is odd, given the apparent rush to figure out how to go after Visage and Undying

Holy shit that mek nerf... makes me like mek less and less and less. otherwise it's good shit.

No biggie since you can still upgrade it into guardian greaves which still has the same 45 cooldown, that is if your hero has any use for them, I can see it not being built quite as often on heroes like viper and SF tho.

Wait, still no immortals ICEFRAUD?
Emoticon_rage.gif

Hylian7

He's still trying to shift Mek back to a non-core purchase, quite the tough one

I'm okay with this, even with the post TI4 nerf, I never felt like Mek was completely gone, and still a core thing on Razor, Viper, and sometimes even Shadow Fiend. I mean something is truly wrong when Mek SF is now a thing.

Red UFO

Yeah, to me the Mek change is saying "if you really want this to be useful later on, you're gonna need guardian greaves," ie, a support should get Mek.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why unpopular and bad heroes never get small buffs in the minor patches
cry.gif

Also QoP Icefrauds waifu confirmed

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get a 6.85 with just hero (maybe some item) tweaks in late June or sometime in July.

DrPizza

Banned
I'm okay with this, even with the post TI4 nerf, I never felt like Mek was completely gone, and still a core thing on Razor, Viper, and sometimes even Shadow Fiend. I mean something is truly wrong when Mek SF is now a thing.

For Shadow Fiend, I agree, but it should IMO still work for Razor and Viper. Razor and Viper both have a big role as anti-carries, and anti-carries need durability. Viper's kit gives him bonus magic resistance; Mek gives him armour and burst HP. Razor similarly wants to be able to get off a full static link.

But the problem is, how do you make it still viable for Razor and Viper, and still good for farming supports, without making it OP? If those two were melee then Vanguard might be a sort of adequate alternative (no armour, though), but Vanguard is dubious even on melee heroes, much less ranged.

Hylian7

For Shadow Fiend, I agree, but it should IMO still work for Razor and Viper. Razor and Viper both have a big role as anti-carries, and anti-carries need durability. Viper's kit gives him bonus magic resistance; Mek gives him armour and burst HP. Razor similarly wants to be able to get off a full static link.

But the problem is, how do you make it still viable for Razor and Viper, and still good for farming supports, without making it OP? If those two were melee then Vanguard might be a sort of adequate alternative (no armour, though), but Vanguard is dubious even on melee heroes, much less ranged.

Honestly, I think the answer might be in Crimson Guard. The passive Block isn't as good on ranged (maybe make it 30?) but the active is the same on melee and ranged heroes. Maybe it needs a small buff, but I could see this becoming the new "core mek".

Honestly, I think the answer might be in Crimson Guard. The passive Block isn't as good on ranged (maybe make it 30?) but the active is the same on melee and ranged heroes. Maybe it needs a small buff, but I could see this becoming the new "core mek".

It's really expensive and the build up is garbage for ranged heroes, you wouldn't be able to get this until ~20 minutes, and even then it has a 70 second cd. I'm really not seeing this becoming popular as a first core item without any buffs.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All these mek nerfs to make it shittier to buy on cores and now it sucks to even buy on a support. What a garbage item now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom