• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

hello i am here to check immortals where they are ?

TtQKxEi.gif

Come back in a week.

Hylian7

Finally had the courage to try Brew.

He is a ton of fun. Granted I may be the worlds worst micro-er.
But by the time a split happened we were usually in clean up mode.

Blink-clap is just so strong

I think the #1 thing people forget when learning him is pretty much everything the Storm panda does that isn't the Tornado. You can use Dispel Magic to bring someone down from the Tornado. Usually I find Wind Walk is best for extra damage, but it's also great to get positioning off for the other spells.

Thanks to whoever it was that encouraged me to play Lycan. The game went well! I was really worried at first when my wolves were dying so fast in the jungle even when trying to manage who was tanking damage, but after I got Vlad's I totally understood the power of the hero.

Quesa

Milk please tell me you work on something remotely related to games I'd love to have a ringer >:)

heck I'm guessing if you're studying game design or plan to enter the industry through business or something you'd count.

Hylian7

Milk please tell me you work on something remotely related to games I'd love to have a ringer >:)

heck I'm guessing if you're studying game design or plan to enter the industry through business or something you'd count.

I work for a game dev.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh, so it is. I saw a win in your Puck history but I guess it didn't count.

G.ZZZ

If you are having mana problems is it ok to skip level 2 culling blade?

You always skip it at 11, it scale terribly (75 more threshold, same bonus ms/as, irrilevant cd change since you want to dunk and +60 mana what about no). Maxing Call/Hunger is a much better way to spend ur skillpoints.

Wok

I have just had one of my smoothest game.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1486372823

It helps that I was playing with some >4k-games players on their favorite hero, like that Pudge:

fzOROrO.png

Opposite team had experienced players but not playing their best heroes:

I4wToWD.png

kPOq2ac.png

Games are usually a lot better when people have more than 1000 wins.

Quesa

Well it says family and friends are ok. I figure as long as the team isn't 100% people from GAF without game xp I should be ok. There's only one question:

Milk are you my friend

G.ZZZ

My script don't work anymore my life is over
cBj1LTf.png

Coincidentally i haev also lost 2 games in a row tomorrow i'll die too probalbaby
cBj1LTf.png

Ok, I updated it a bit, what about now? http://dotahatstats.com/

I had no idea this existed! I'm in the process of rebuilding my library of hats after selling all my stuff, so this is a great resource. The visuals are not perfect (font and table borders, for instance) but as far as functionality it's great!

I don't know if there's an easy way for you to get at this data, but I'd also love to see tables or pages dedicated to sets rather than individual items.

Haly

Ok, I updated it a bit, what about now? http://dotahatstats.com/

Sans-serif brooooooo.

Sans-serif for body text, you can keep Palantino for titles, but I don't like it much. Here, bookmark this: http://practicaltypography.com/

In the top left, your site's name, DotaHatStats is highlightable but not a link to anything. Don't do this, either create a splash page to link to or turn off a:hover for it.

About says nothing about you, the creator. Even if this is a side project, you'll want to include your name and one a copyright to show ownership and so people can link it to your LinkedIn/website portfolio/whatever.

ViviOggi

I agree, a nice sans-serif font would do wonders

Also would prefer a lighter color palette, dark sites always feel so heavy to me

The navigation bar at the top looks good though

Haly

Or make a light theme, for people who don't want another dotobuff-esque doto site.

Sans-serif brooooooo.

Sans-serif for body text, you can keep Palantino for titles, but I don't like it much. Here, bookmark this: http://practicaltypography.com/

In the top left, your site's name, DotaHatStats is highlightable but not a link to anything. Don't do this, either create a splash page to link to or turn off a:hover for it.

About says nothing about you, the creator. Even if this is a side project, you'll want to include your name and one a copyright to show ownership and so people can link it to your LinkedIn/website portfolio/whatever.
Recommending copy readability improvements? You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You shouldn't put Item ID next to #Logged. It's confusing.

Also "dotabuff price" would make it ace for bettors.

I can't figure out a way to get the Dotalounge price, plus they are based off the market price in the first place (And since they opened it up to all item types, the price on my site should basically be it anyway)

I fixed the header bar thing at the very least.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Damn, looks like a 2:1 chance to get the rare drop from the immortal treasure and a 10:1 chance for the very rare drop.

1:20 for rare, 1:50 for very rare. You have to remember the Rare drops are bonuses, so you need to add all the non-bonus items together to get the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom