• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

if your approach to dota is, 'this is unranked so it doesn't matter what i do'

and you happen to be a chen

and you naked rush radiance

and then build three bracers

and your team loses because effectively they're playing a 4v5 only with no jungle to farm because you're sponging up all the gold

if this is an adequate description of how you play dota and what your attitude is

just fucking play bot games please, because then the only person whose time you're wasting is your own

What can I say, I like bracers.

and your team loses because effectively they're playing a 4v5 only with no jungle to farm because you're sponging up all the gold

if this is an adequate description of how you play dota and what your attitude is

just fucking play bot games please, because then the only person whose time you're wasting is your own

DAT GAME. Wasn't great. The worst part is where what he actively thought it wasn't wasting our time.

I had a game a while back where I was goofing around and went jungle Wraith King minute 0 and literally did not leave the jungle until I rushed a Radiance. We won that game.

I'm convinced Solar Crest is OP. A 7 second cooldown with no mana cost and almost no downside for the caster is ridiculous. It's really abusable in my MMR, and almost no one is using it.

I understand experimentation in unranked matches, but was he seriously not considering that a troll build?

I really dont think that mattered to him. I usually pretty tolerant on builds if it is in the realm of reasonable, especially since i stopped playing ranked almost 10 months ago, but this wasnt close.

Hylian7

I really dont think that mattered to him. I usually pretty tolerant on builds if it is in the realm of reasonable, especially since i stopped playing ranked almost 10 months ago, but this wasnt close.

Yeah, I definitely agree that build wasn't anything close to reasonable or an "experimental" build, and would honestly consider that reportable. I mean there's a huge difference between Faceless Void Mek and Radiance and 3 Bracers Chen. The difference is FV Mek helps your team in some way, even though it might not be the best build, but it is something. Radiance and 3 Bracers Chen, especially the 3 Bracers part, is useless and doesn't help at all, hell it barely helps himself.

Acinixys

My CM is SHIT. Can't do anything if you don't get kills. Too frail and slow if you are ever in a losing position at all. UGH

Get level 4, brown boots and an urn

Go 1 - 2 - 1

Start roaming. Get kills everywhere because CM is one of the strongest early game heroes bested by only Undying IMO

If you are struggling to stay alive then hang behind your team till they initiate and bait out a few disables from the enemy. Then you can walk in, freeze their carry and drop an ult right in their faces

As soon as you get a force staff/blink you are very strong

Shinypogs

So I have lone druid and natures prophet in my current 10 hero challenge, at a scrub level what's the best thing to do with them so I'm not a hindrance to my team ( other than not cliff jungling as np and yes I still see this sometimes :( )

shira

So I have lone druid and natures prophet in my current 10 hero challenge, at a scrub level what's the best thing to do with them so I'm not a hindrance to my team ( other than not cliff jungling as np and yes I still see this sometimes :( )

tumblr_n4c6j8CD9H1txiglvo1_500.jpg

cosplay on strim

BeesEight

goddamn iit flash

FuCKINg CLiffhanger!!!
rage.gif
rage.gif

Spoilers: The heroes win.

That is some Marianas trench level kind of play. What are your opponents like that matchmaking is pairing you against with those kinds of teammates?

kionedrik

Bearless LD is a legit build if you don't want to micro. The early game attack speed and damage output is insane.

As for NP, avoid teamfights and only port in to clean up. If enemy pushes one lane TP to other, spawn trees and necro units and get buildings.

G.ZZZ

Icefraud, tip for you, make armlet deal 60 magic damage per second to the user instead of draining 40 hp. Buff huskar significantly and also make for the legendary battle AM
DkX4mDw.gif

Shinypogs

Bearless LD is a legit build if you don't want to micro. The early game attack speed and damage output is insane.

As for NP, avoid teamfights and only port in to clean up. If enemy pushes one lane TP to other, spawn trees and necro units and get buildings.

Thanks, I was going to try bearless if I lost more than three games due to fail micro. It really clicked though during my second game and we won. Honestly the hardest thing was when I'd be just a smidge too far away for the bear to attack and have to tab to my hero and then back to the bear. I imagine if I tried to play him more often I'd get a better feel for the range of the bear ( tooltip descriptions of ranges are useless to me because I can never approximate x number of units in my head)

Also Mirana leaping out of entangle is some garbage *mutters*

Quesa

Morning Gaf -- still would like 2 more for our GAF team for the rektreational! If you're anywhere near the games industry (wanna be a financial analyst who looks at game sales figures and plays a mean alchemist? Hop on board!) and can play on july 11th, 12th, 24th, 25th, 26th, add me on steam (Quesa) and we'll talk!

Enemy storm disconnects for over 5 minutes, "The game is safe to leave". Two of my teammates disconnect immediately. Stats still recorded. Fucking idiots.
facepalm.gif

To rub it in, the Storm comes back 10 minutes later.

Mordeccai

Yeah solar crest is my most built new item. Free slardar ulti, can also save the life of your carry if the enemies are going all in on him

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
solar crest is so broken, holy shit

buy it for all your supporting needs before the nerfs, thx

Yeah, both medallion and solar crest really should only give half benefit when cast on allies (i.e. 5 armor, 15% evasion). The baseline item is completely fine, but throwing a free 10 armor and 30% evasion on the carry all the time, bleh. I guess icefrog's logic is that by throwing it on the carry, the support is essentially losing 3k net worth and becomes a lot easier to kill, iunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom