• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah empire have a horrible draft to deal with husk
Read somebody suggesting greaves/satanic/4 solar crests on him
Sounds fun, I should try it.

kionedrik

What logic is that? So next time you have an issue with how the President is running the country become a President of a country and then complain? If I have an issue with the way the board of a company I've invested in is running things I shouldn't voice my concerns and only do so if I'm the board of a company?

Since I contributed towards the BTS kickstarter I have every right to complain about useless casters that add nothing but white-noise to the cast. Understand this, most of us are in no way insulting/dissing the person (personality/appearance etc), but their skill at their job.

My point is that there's a big difference between criticizing and dissing/bashing someone, in this particular case a caster. Everyone has the right to complain or dislike a caster because of X or Y, but there's a limit to what can be said, and imho that limit is often violated. My post was meant to point out that the chronic complainers bring 0 value to the conversation and aim only at bashing the caster and not pointing out what s/he did wrong or where s/he can improve.

If they are bad at their job it's the company's responsibility to part ways with them.

But please don't let my personal opinion affect how you perceive other and the right you have to talk about them

the score app looks neat but its updating reeeeally slowly. I think it only updates once a minute and its 4 minutes behind.
Might as well look up the game on dotabuff and get more stats while only being 2-ish minutes behind.

ViviOggi

We’re still working on building the second set of Immortal items, but they’re not quite ready yet. We know the most important aspect of these Immortals is their quality level, so we are also planning on spending some extra time polishing them rather than releasing them quickly.

We know the most important aspect of these Immortals is their quality level, so we are also planning on spending some extra time polishing them rather than releasing them quickly.

so we are also planning on spending some extra time polishing them rather than releasing them quickly.

so we are also planning on spending some extra time polishing them

planning on spending some extra time

some extra time

some

maybe next week
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Prize pool looking fairly stagnant. Looking at its arc it doesn't look like it'll finish much higher than last year unless we get a big bump from future immortals, which I'm still not convinced we will.

Haunted

This Dreamleague couch is horrible.

And I don't understand why because I love Shane and Pyrion and Sheever.

But this banter is just horrible. 2GD needs to come in and save the day.

Quesa

Gwent is a legit good game they should make a mobile game out of it or something.

Beat the baron on my first try don't try that powering up duplicate soldiers shit when I've got fog motherfucker

Kade

Gwent is a legit good game they should make a mobile game out of it or something.

Beat the baron on my first try don't try that powering up duplicate soldiers shit when I've got fog motherfucker

He was my first win. It's also awesome when Geralt says "Let's lay 'em down" when you challenge him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Use nicknames.

Right click an account in your Friends List and select "Add Nickname"

Prize pool looking fairly stagnant. Looking at its arc it doesn't look like it'll finish much higher than last year unless we get a big bump from future immortals, which I'm still not convinced we will.

If you look at Matt's prize tracker graph, you can see daily growth has largely been on par or better per-day than last year.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If you look at Matt's prize tracker graph, you can see daily growth has largely been on par or better per-day than last year.

Yeah, but we simply aren't going to have that 600,000 dollar jump that they had last year from the immortals. Looking at the trajectory of the graph it's pretty obvious where it's gonna end up.

Also, the idea of just matching last year isn't exactly what people expected for TI5, considering how much larger the player pool is. I'm not at all convinced we're gonna hit all the stretch goals.

KingKong

Yeah, but we simply aren't going to have that 600,000 dollar jump that they had last year from the immortals. Looking at the trajectory of the graph it's pretty obvious where it's gonna end up.

people better spend some money because I want that desert map

shira

Also, the idea of just matching last year isn't exactly what people expected for TI5, considering how much larger the player pool is. I'm not at all convinced we're gonna hit all the stretch goals.

Compendium Arcana. IZ
mozz_shopkeep.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't think there's anything they can do that will match the money battle boosters brought in. That's why people dumped stupid money in.

You have to consider that we started out on day 1 with nearly double the money as last year. And while I agree that we won't see as big a jump as we did with last year's immortals, I think we will see some smaller spikes when new goals are released, especially if some of the anticipated immortals end up in chest II or III.

The latest projections I've seen from someone who did the math put the final total at just over 14 million. I think that's feasible given we still have 80 days to go.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Well, there is the theory they intentionally delayed the immortal until today to test that first hand. I agree, maybe even Valve agrees, but we will find out
ti4gold.gif

VP need to get their shit together and get a pipe + glimmer cape, don't think they stand a chance the way they're itemizing

Anyone feel like this patch was too big? Haven't played since it hit. Really can't be arsed to learn about a shitload of new items.
meh, moon shard is irrelevant pretty much, so that leaves 3-4 items to "learn", that's not too big

Hayvic

Anyone feel like this patch was too big? Haven't played since it hit. Really can't be arsed to learn about a shitload of new items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom