• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I know some people don't really like LD, but the guy's got a knack for getting catchphrases into the community.

LIQUID ARE DOING IT

FULL FIVE MAN WIPE

etc
BUT AT WHAT COST

LD is great, good play-by-play caster who isn't aggressively awful when it comes to game knowledge and aware of his limits for the most part. But for godlike performance he needs his buddy Winter back

JC Sera

Sister skyping, can't watch twitch
happytears.gif

is this the post that got you banned ?
mods = gods
(that thread title holy shit lol that dude has no idea what he's talking about)
nah that's not it. got banned cause i posted a pic in the naruto thread. too late to realize it was nsfw.
Hots is fun though. I've been playing since I got a burnout playing doto.
frBAang.png

abunai

They've been around since late last year, took the odd game from big names here and there but nothing special. Mag and solo joined a month or so ago, and they became more stable in their performances.

GorillaJu

I've never understood the LD hate myself. He's been the face of BTS as they've gone from a late-night SEA/China cast to the biggest by far and he's been one of the most consistently tolerable play-by-play casters. And he's gotten better at it, too.

Randdalf

I've never understood the LD hate myself. He's been the face of BTS as they've gone from a late-night SEA/China cast to the biggest by far and he's been one of the most consistently tolerable play-by-play casters. And he's gotten better at it, too.

I think LD is much better in front of a live audience than he is doing an online tournament, just never seems to reach the same levels of hype.

Night_Hand

Neo Member
Guys I miss Tobi and Ayesee. I know that running a studio like BTS is expensive, but anytime I watch anything they are in I can't help but feel like they went full sellout and I'm not a huge fan. I really like LD and Merlini and KoTLGuy but I have mixed feelings

EDIT: Also its been a while since i've been to the thread and I come back to the QUALITY OP made by Steve. What happened when I was gone

Guys I miss Tobi and Ayesee. I know that running a studio like BTS is expensive, but anytime I watch anything they are in I can't help but feel like they went full sellout and I'm not a huge fan. I really like LD and Merlini and KoTLGuy but I have mixed feelings

what is this blasphemy
you're supposed to hate tobi with your heart and support the sellouts
ban this man !

kionedrik

Like everything in life criticizing something or someone is easy, it's doing better that's the hard.

I'd love to see/hear some people who are overly vocal against caster A or B cast a game, even if it's just for them to understand how shit they really are and how hard it really is, maybe then the caster position and job will start getting some of the recognition it rightfully deserves.

As for the sellout claims, don't forget that most, or even all, of them started doing this in their spare time as a passion thing or a joke. As time passed and the game and community grew, casting became a full time job and not an hobby. Aren't people supposed to get payed for their work? How do TV and radio networks work? The commercials are a necessary evil to sustain the public demands and the caster/stream channel needs.

tl,dr: stop the caster bashing please.

so you can only bash a caster if you're a better caster ? heh. nope.
BTS got a kickstarter campaign, please. Last summit was flooded with ads, all the time and the couch room was like 30% ads.

I'm fine with sponsors but not with spamming them.

so you can only bash a caster if you're a better caster ? heh. nope.
BTS got a kickstarter campaign, please. Last summit was flooded with ads, all the time and the couch room was like 30% ads.

I'm fine with sponsors but not with spamming them.

I like the way the FGC deals with sponsors. No stupid ads, just shoutouts and overlays/images when nothing's going on. Less invasive and gets the job done.

Something like that, my point being the "but they need to eat" argument doesn't stand at all, doubt these guys have money issues so it's not a good excuse for having this many ads

Jadax

Like everything in life criticizing something or someone is easy, it's doing better that's the hard.

I'd love to see/hear some people who are overly vocal against caster A or B cast a game, even if it's just for them to understand how shit they really are and how hard it really is, maybe then the caster position and job will start getting some of the recognition it rightfully deserves.
What logic is that? So next time you have an issue with how the President is running the country become a President of a country and then complain? If I have an issue with the way the board of a company I've invested in is running things I shouldn't voice my concerns and only do so if I'm the board of a company?

Since I contributed towards the BTS kickstarter I have every right to complain about useless casters that add nothing but white-noise to the cast. Understand this, most of us are in no way insulting/dissing the person (personality/appearance etc), but their skill at their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom