• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

I need a name for our GAF Rektreational team. If you guys can beat "Free Earth Spirit" I'll change it.

And a logo!

Also if you're on the team (you know by now), send me your full name and an email address I can use for registration.

Tworak

navi is back
PogChamp.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How long has ODPixel been casting? I feel like he just showed up recently but he shoutcasts like a vet.

I noticed WC3 + expansion were on sale in the Blizzard store this week and I had some credit left over from HotS so I bought them and installed DotA.

HOW DID PEOPLE PLAY THIS

DrPizza

Banned
I noticed WC3 + expansion were on sale in the Blizzard store this week and I had some credit left over from HotS so I bought them and installed DotA.

HOW DID PEOPLE PLAY THIS

Every time I see WC3 Dota, I am baffled. if that had been my introduction to Dota I can't imagine I'd be playing Dota today.

Jadax

HOW DID PEOPLE PLAY THIS
You're doing it the right way - except join Eurobattle and start there.

Or if you want better/easier graphics, mechanics etc. then just get Dota 2.

It makes me simultaneously appreciate the innovation of the original map's design and the work Valve put in making the really esoteric parts of the game more accessible.

mfaex

Keep in mind how old wc3 and dota1 are. Also look into warkeys if you're gonna' play. It's useful for campaign too.

HOW DID PEOPLE PLAY THIS

Every time I see WC3 Dota, I am baffled. if that had been my introduction to Dota I can't imagine I'd be playing Dota today.

I played WC3 Dota for years (started Dota Allstars with 6.35b, played a bunch of other Dota-like maps earlier) and I whenever I see that game, I barely know what's going on. The spell effects especially. I'm so used to Dota 2 now, it's really, really hard to go back.

Hylian7

We need to have a WC3 Dota IH for funzies sometime. There are so many weird little differences.

Probably the biggest and most noticeable difference was the creep collision size. I had trouble last hitting with melee heroes, because there was no room to walk between creeps and hit them, unlike in Dota 2 where you can last hit with a melee hero standing behind your creeps

zeus going for a 3-3-3-1 build, has bottle mantle at 10 minutes
sniper (what a fucking pick) skips shrapnel
am forced to go jungle windranger
what a fucking good game I just had

edit : what a fucking surprise they're a 3 stack with the techies picker

Haunted

Dota 1 can finally die now, since they've increasingly added things to Dota 2 that aren't possible in the WC3 engine. No new updates, ded game. (Honestly, is anyone still playing? Brood War also took a surprising amount of time to die after SC2 came out, but it eventually did).

Wok

Aspiring filmmakers, the time has come. We’re throwing the doors open on the Dota 2 Short Film Contest.

Filmmakers will have until the morning of July 13th, 2015 to submit their entries to the contest. The winning films will be featured as part of The International broadcast, and each winner will earn $20,000. Entries must be less than one minute long, so be sure to make every second count. Head over to the Dota 2 Short Film Contest site to learn more information on the submission guidelines and process.

Everyone else, head over to the contest voting page and tell us which videos you would like to see showcased at The International.

Nothing.

Quesa

Could anyone make a team logo for any of the following names?

Free Earth Spirit
Zeroes of the Storm

I can't photoshop for shit :(

Quesa

- The hero who gets a kill is now always considered as part of the AOE for gold bounty purposes
- Moon Glaives now properly kill Zombies (they now work like Flak Cannon and Split Shot)
- The courier's "Retrieve Items" ability and the "Courier Deliver Items" button will now work properly if you have items on the courier but no items in the stash
- Fixed a recent bug with Techies' Land Mines when flying units were nearby
- Fixed the smaller Mud Golems not leashing back to their camp
- Added missing portraits for unlocks for the Virtus Werebear courier
- Fixed VMT error for Vengeful Spirit submissions through the workshop
http://store.steampowered.com/news/16931/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom