• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

holy fucK Valve!

devil.gif

Haunted

$20000 for the winner of that short film contest, that's serious money, absolutely on par (and in many cases higher) than the monetary rewards given out at respected and well-known film festivals. Really looking forward to the community's output.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
$20000 for the winner of that short film contest, that's serious money, absolutely on par (and in many cases higher) than the monetary rewards given out at respected and well-known film festivals. Really looking forward to the community's output.

If the winning film is chock full of twitch memery, I'm ready to just burn down the whole community and start over.

If I was a filmmaker, I would try to rope a pro or ex-pro into it and make a kind of mini-Free to Play documentary, then split the reward.

TUSR

Banned
If the winning film is chock full of twitch memery, I'm ready to just burn down the whole community and start over.

If I was a filmmaker, I would try to rope a pro or ex-pro into it and make a kind of mini-Free to Play documentary, then split the reward.

tsunami

this is your calling

since this is a community vote the videos that will win are just going to be stuffed full of ~*~*~dAnK mEmEs~*~*~

goddamn twitch allowers

Haunted

since this is a community vote the videos that will win are just going to be stuffed full of ~*~*~dAnK mEmEs~*~*~
oh nooooo

I didn't know it was up to a fucking community vote. Dota 2 community has proven itself to have shit taste time and time again.

hype deflated

Demoli

oh nooooo

I didn't know it was up to a fucking community vote. Dota 2 community has proven itself to have shit taste time and time again.

hype deflated

Of course it's a community vote

Valve has been trying to make anything steam related into an automatic money dispenser, "moderated" by the community.

No company has fallen harder in these past few years than valve

Or maybe I'm just grumpy cause I've been writing a study on maraging steels for over 15 hours straight.

Oh damn that sucks, I had high hopes for this. Not only will dank memes win, most contenders going for the money will know this and go for as many dank memes as possible.

bounchfx

hey guys, short note
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/11394?r=d0

ward chest is on sale!

a little background: this is a project we asked valve about back at TI4 and they expressed interest in a chest that was all wards. We got together ~25 people and between september and november and came up with ~12 wards to pitch to valve. Valve never did anything with them/no time, but it was recently proposed to ESL to help boost their prizepool. Valve accepted 8 of them into this chest.

Mine is the "Stone Seer", middle right stone dude. he's adorable. Originally he was suppoesd to have dire/radiant versions, but they refuse to do styles on items for the time being, so it's just the radiant one. It's still cute though, and everyone did a great job overall. I think this brings a lot of unique life into the ward ecosystem. hope you guys find a couple you dig!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
hey guys, short note

ward chest is on sale!

a little background: this is a project we asked valve about back at TI4 and they expressed interest in a chest that was all wards. We got together ~25 people and between september and november and came up with ~12 wards to pitch to valve. Valve never did anything with them/no time, but it was recently proposed to ESL to help boost their prizepool. Valve accepted 8 of them into this chest.

Mine is the "Stone Seer", middle right stone dude. he's adorable. Originally he was suppoesd to have dire/radiant versions, but they refuse to do styles on items for the time being, so it's just the radiant one. It's still cute though, and everyone did a great job overall. I think this brings a lot of unique life into the ward ecosystem. hope you guys find a couple you dig!
I feel like the chest is like a quarter too expensive.

bounchfx

I feel like the chest is like a quarter too expensive.

we were honestly pushing for 99cents for 2 wards per chest, but it looks like they went with 1.75 for one.... I hope it still does well, but yeah I agree - it's too high of a price point imo. That being said, stand alone wards were ~$5 each before.

treasure_of_the_living_foresight_large.e300e8b06cc6e59a5def195fe954097b9a1d1580.png

they put the wrong one of my ward on the image. you can see the direling (dark stone watcher, on the left middle), but it's not in the chest... oops!

also, why the hell can't I gift wrap wards? I just got one of my own and wanted to give it away here, but I can't !

shira

it's a shame I don't play pudge

loooooooooool

hey guys, short note

ward chest is on sale!

Do you even ward brah?
facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom