• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

immortals are out
Kreygasm.png

Haunted

hey guys, short note
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/11394?r=d0

ward chest is on sale!

a little background: this is a project we asked valve about back at TI4 and they expressed interest in a chest that was all wards. We got together ~25 people and between september and november and came up with ~12 wards to pitch to valve. Valve never did anything with them/no time, but it was recently proposed to ESL to help boost their prizepool. Valve accepted 8 of them into this chest.

Mine is the "Stone Seer", middle right stone dude. he's adorable. Originally he was suppoesd to have dire/radiant versions, but they refuse to do styles on items for the time being, so it's just the radiant one. It's still cute though, and everyone did a great job overall. I think this brings a lot of unique life into the ward ecosystem. hope you guys find a couple you dig!
No good way to say this without coming off as suck-up, but without reading your explanation beforehand, I immediately thought the little stone dude was the cutest one of the bunch. Reminded me of one of those minions from that animated movie, also the cyclops from Monster Inc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember the pudgy stone guy when he was first previewed 10 years ago.

Will pick up for Stoney.

bounchfx

No good way to say this without coming off as suck-up, but without reading your explanation beforehand, I immediately thought the little stone dude was the cutest one of the bunch. Reminded me of one of those minions from that animated movie, also the cyclops from Monster Inc.

aw thanks dude! yeah I remember when I first saw the concept, the guy has a lot of personality and the animation sells it a bunch, I think. glad to finally see it in even though I was pretty skeptical whether or not it'd happen !

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Immortal thirst so amusing. There's so much time between now and TI4. You people need to get real.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Remember how long it took us to get some of the TI4 stretch goals?

LiQuid!

so wait, i should give valve a free pass now because they were equally lame in the past?

They never made a promise that all the stuff was gonna come out the instant we hit said stretch goal. The fact that it was prior to the Immortal II chest was surprising considering how bad it was last year. Just sayin.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They never made a promise that all the stuff was gonna come out the instant we hit said stretch goal. The fact that it was prior to the Immortal II chest was surprising considering how bad it was last year. Just sayin.

i mean, it's literally like 10 or 12 small digital cosmetics. there's literally no reason they couldn't have had them ready months ago except for the fact that valve apparently doesn't care about dota 2 any more beyond their ability to make money selling content other people made.

Hylian7

i mean, it's literally like 10 or 12 small digital cosmetics. there's literally no reason they couldn't have had them ready months ago except for the fact that valve apparently doesn't care about dota 2 any more beyond their ability to make money selling content other people made.

Holy leap of logic batman.

It's some goddamn hats that weren't ready because they weren't sure about how long it would take to reach the goal. They will come out, calm the fuck down people.

LiQuid!

salty.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
god damn I need that storm set
All you gotta do is Spend $2.50 to $10.

Its a shame for Dreamleauge their Sniper set didn't get into the game until after Sniper was nerfed. If it was released as a standalone set a month ago, it would have likely sold really well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shadow Shaman/Lion is disgusting, so much lock down. You can basically permanently lock down a target with all the CC if you don't over lap stuns.

we literally have a few people here who make items for Dota, they should be able to tell you this stuff isn't easy

especially since these are Immortals which often change animation, particles, ability icons, etc. and not just simple models and textures

i know most of you are just joking or embellishing but I honestly believe there are some people here who think there is some Valve conspiracy, and you should really get over yourselves

bounchfx

so like, while I do agree it's kind of ridiculous that they aren't 'done' yet (in fact, they might be done, and valve just wants to space out the releases between now and TI5), you have to keep in mind each immortal they are releasing takes roughly 3-5 work days each, plus more if its a full set, plus more for particles.. more for animations, etc. and considering there are 25 immortals total... you do the math. though I'm not sure how many artists they have working on these.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I really hope they fix the entire market and economy of this game sometime soon. As it stands right now it's a fucking disaster. They had a fairly healthy economy and due to the fact that scammers exist they completely cut the system down at the knees and now you can't buy or sell anything and almost everything is worthless.

Every market has scammers but this isn't the way to handle it. Imagine if eBay tried to combat scammers this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom