• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
1432402990-1412200929625.png

based spooky fire skeleton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYDm4tX4GIY

Anno

Noob question, but when I'm watching some pros on Twitch they have a green arrow that kinda points towards the direction their skills will be used. What setting is that?

Nice!
I am still like 20 games till style 2.
I miss these evolving sets/items. they were really awesome when coupled with tourny ticket bundles and '# of games watched' gems.

For these many games to view for an unlock, I wish it meant the courier would have had some neat particle effects. I have the Star Ladder Grillhound with full unusual effects on it and the Wings of the Wicked Succubus that drop little red roses.

Wok

Noob question, but when I'm watching some pros on Twitch they have a green arrow that kinda points towards the direction their skills will be used. What setting is that?

A command in a config text file that enables range display.

Hylian7

Nice nice, thank you, I'll take a look.

If you didn't already figure out, the specific one is "dota_disable_range_finder 0" without the quotes. I get that question all the time when I stream.

A few caveats about that one though.

- For most spells, it gives you a line between your hero and where your cursor is. That line is faded green when you aren't in range of where you want to cast it to, and bright green when you are in range. The red line is how much further you need to move (either yourself or the cursor) to get in range.

- On some spells, the only thing that matters is the direction, or there are certain reasons they won't give you a range on them. Examples of this are Mirana Arrow, AM/QoP/Dagger Blink, and others. It DOES work on Pudge and Clockwerk Hook, which two of the spells I find it most useful on. I know I've made some great Pudge hooks just by checking range first that way.

Demoli

Holy crap how can Americans suck at monster hunter this badly, how do you manage to triple cart to raging brachydios of all things even though you're G crown.

And i need 2 of the damn immortals.

Speaking of immortals where are my immortals valve?

Holy crap how can Americans suck at monster hunter this badly, how do you manage to triple cart to raging brachydios of all things even though you're G crown.

And i need 2 of the damn immortals.

Speaking of immortals where are my immortals valve?

Did you play Tri? Nothing has come close to annoy me as much as people posting Barroth Urgent plz and carting 3 times.

Demoli

Did you play Tri? Nothing has come close to annoy me as much as people posting Barroth Urgent plz and carting 3 times.

Yeah I played tri, and it wasn't as bad honestly. Vanilla Tri had like 1 actually hard quest which was the entry quest into hr 70, the Alatreon, that one was a bitch to get through with newbies. And TriG was even easier, the onyl mosnter i've seen people strugglin with were the Rust Duramboros, Lucent Narga and Abyssal Lagi.

In this game, it seems like 90% of the population is aweful at it, people tripple cart at everything past G2. Ignoring obvious unfair stuff like Kushala knocking you into an Hurricane or rajang in general, people always die to the Ziggys, the Brachys and worse of all S.Dalamadur and non quild quest Apexes. Drives me nuts.

Yeah I played tri, and it wasn't as bad honestly. Vanilla Tri had like 1 actually hard quest which was the entry quest into hr 70, the Alatreon, that one was a bitch to get through with newbies. And TriG was even easier, the onyl mosnter i've seen people strugglin with were the Rust Duramboros, Lucent Narga and Abyssal Lagi.

In this game, it seems like 90% of the population is aweful at it, people tripple cart at everything past G2. Ignoring obvious unfair stuff like Kushala knocking you into an Hurricane or rajang in general, people always die to the Ziggys, the Brachys and worse of all S.Dalamadur and non quild quest Apexes. Drives me nuts.

Considering it is like the best selling MH in the west, a lot of them probably didn't play any previous one.
bts_watermelon.gif

And people getting carried to G-Rank and Powersaver users.

Hylian7

Hylian7

>Get to Purity Ring concert
>Stand through rain for opening bands, one was men, Braids was great.
>Megan James comes out and announces the concert is canceled and will be rescheduled within two days due to officials making them cancel because of a tornado warning.

Gg thanks weatherobama.

Legit though I'm glad they had her announce it and it's memorial day weekend so I can go whenever it gets rescheduled to.

inkls

someone play with me and coach me on Io

I'm never going to finish this 10 hero challenge

lol, do you play on useast? If so, add me. same name as on gaf and we often do stacks. So we can always carry you if you want. We always carry print and Vivi so it should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom