• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

8F97C3D7C3389DFDAA0CD6053B0C3705BF4659DA

Valve, please fix these underwear remnants or at least release a beach party storm set
cocky.gif

Hupsel

Vivi in a normal day:

"Wow look at this scrub easiest kill of my life"

*Proceeds to feed*

"Guys, honestly why wasnt :Xplayer behind me and :Yplayer landed a stun? My god. Now they will take rax. Wish Hupsel was Magnus"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno why I hate CK so much but when you one shot enemy heroes as fast as reality rift comes off cooldown, that's pretty fun... Still I probably won't play that hero again until he shows up in another challenge.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
80 minute techies game causes some salt
yolo.gif

0151b84174.jpg

I actually run out of reports so fast now because I report every techies. The best part is when I get notifications that action was taken when that's literally all I ever report people for nowadays.

I actually run out of reports so fast now because I report every techies. The best part is when I get notifications that action was taken when that's literally all I ever report people for nowadays.

Salt like that is the reason why I play the hero. It makes me feel good about myself.

Kard8p3

salty.gif
cuz
cry.gif

rofl

also hint: if they get in low prio it's not for playing techies, its cuz that person is a dickbag. If u actually get in low priority for reasons other than abandoning games/shit internet (fuck america internet) than u deserve it. That shit is impossible.

Hupsel

I will lauch my Vivi voice pack next week. Includes

. "Easiest kill of my life" < - this voice over plays before any and every engagement, be it if you are ganking a lone gyro mid with 3 other heroes or you are being ganked by 5 players while you are CM with brown boots.

. "Honestly, (_____) < - "Honestly" plays before every other sound and voice in the game. "Honestly, we shound't be there". "Honestly, we need to take Roshan". "Honestly, can someone buy wards?". "Honestly, not everyone in Germany is a nazi"

. "What is this idiot doing?" < - plays when you click any enemy hero or Print Screen. They can be safe lane farming, buying wards, walking around, being dc, killing you, taking Roshan, on a godlike spree or rampage, it doesn't matter.

. "I can't play offlane in this stack" < - plays everytime Hupsel is in your team and he insta locks Luna and someone else goes mid.

. ViviOggi HUD < - This Swastilicious HUD comes in the german flag colors

jk Vivi love you
DsrA6Kc.gif

salty.gif
cuz
cry.gif

rofl

also hint: if they get in low prio it's not for playing techies, its cuz that person is a dickbag. If u actually get in low priority for reasons other than abandoning games/shit internet (fuck america internet) than u deserve it. That shit is impossible.

I actually don't think its possible. I shit talk once every 3 games and I've only been muted once.

i am losing my mind trying to do compendium stuff, it just leads me to play heroes i dont like and then i dont have fun, but the points are too good to pass up

asdjfsdjflkjsdaflkasjfjasdlkfjsdkjfs

TUSR

Banned
I will lauch my Vivi voice pack next week. Includes

. "Easiest kill of my life" < - this voice over plays before any and every engagement, be it if you are ganking a lone gyro mid with 3 other heroes or you are being ganked by 5 players while you are CM with brown boots.

. "Honestly, (_____) < - "Honestly" plays before every other sound and voice in the game. "Honestly, we shound't be there". "Honestly, we need to take Roshan". "Honestly, can someone buy wards?". "Honestly, not everyone in Germany is a nazi"

. "What is this idiot doing?" < - plays when you click any enemy hero or Print Screen. They can be safe lane farming, buying wards, walking around, being dc, killing you, taking Roshan, on a godlike spree or rampage, it doesn't matter.

. "I can't play offlane in this stack" < - plays everytime Hupsel is in your team and he insta locks Luna and someone else goes mid.

. ViviOggi HUD < - This Swastilicious HUD comes in the german flag colors

jk Vivi love you
DsrA6Kc.gif
What would my voice pack be like?

TUSR

Banned
"Man, :heroX is the tits" over and over.
Ward in the form of anime girl with big freaky eyes looking around
Also the HUD would change every week to be sponsored by a different anime.
LMAO

X is the best hero in dota
Y is the best item in dota
Z hero is the tits

i dont know what thread i should post this in but i had a scary thought today

valve genuinely seriously is not working on half life 3 at all

they're a company that has a trillion dollars and they have a staff entirely comprised of geniuses and prodigies and they have a beloved franchise that is ripe for a sequel (<- understatement of the decade), but

they just dont have any interest in doing it. in the face of all these reasons one might expect them to make the game, theyre like 'meh dont wanna'

and i mean, i guess thats ok but if thats really the attitude they have with regards to making game stuff then im scared for my FUCKINGT IMMORTALS

Hylian7

Is there any actual way to win a mid lane vs Io + Tiny that isn't "leave the lane and go jungle or whatever your hero does"?

I was SF against an Io + Tiny, and just could not do anything. I died a few times, gave up, and started stacking jungle. Staying in that lane, I felt like there was no way to win it by normal standards. I certainly couldn't approach and get farm at all, as I would just get blown up by the both of them.

The worst part about it? Our Legion and Shadow Demon blamed me for the whole game because I lost mid to two people. I mean...how exactly am I supposed to "win" that lane? Just doesn't sound feasible to me...

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1497200256

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i dont know what thread i should post this in but i had a scary thought today

valve genuinely seriously is not working on half life 3 at all

they're a company that has a trillion dollars and they have a staff entirely comprised of geniuses and prodigies and they have a beloved franchise that is ripe for a sequel (<- understatement of the decade), but

they just dont have any interest in doing it. in the face of all these reasons one might expect them to make the game, theyre like 'meh dont wanna'

and i mean, i guess thats ok but if thats really the attitude they have with regards to making game stuff then im scared for my FUCKINGT IMMORTALS

Valve rather work on the largest platform for PC games, new VR tech, new graphics APIs, a new controller to more accurately emulate the accuracy of a mouse, a new OS variation, and a line of cheap consumer PCs.

But don't worry, they will make your virtual hats.

Madouu

@H7: At the highest level of play, SF will get destroyed if tiny/wisp execute perfectly. But in the high skill bracket there is a lot of room for outplaying your opponents.

I loaded up the replay and you let the tiny walk up to you and nuke you at 1:00 while you were trying to raze down the wisp, that's a pretty big misplay. After that, you have to play passive and try to get the lane control into your favor. This is high skill bracket, people mess up a lot, people do not play their heroes to their maximum strengths. Keep that in mind, focus and you can always bounce back even after a rough start. Adapt your play style, playing with an advantage is totally different from playing from behind.

What I mean by adapting your play style? At 2:53, you are sitting at 250hp without any means of regen in range of tiny stun and sure enough you get punished for it. What you should be doing? play 100 range further back.

Hylian7

@H7: At the highest level of play, SF will get destroyed if tiny/wisp execute perfectly. But in the high skill bracket there is a lot of room for outplaying your opponents.

I loaded up the replay and you let the tiny walk up to you and nuke you at 1:00 while you were trying to raze down the wisp, that's a pretty big misplay. After that, you have to play passive and try to get the lane control into your favor. This is high skill bracket, people mess up a lot, people do not play their heroes to their maximum strengths. Keep that in mind, focus and you can always bounce back even after a rough start. Adapt your play style, playing with an advantage is totally different from playing from behind.

What I mean by adapting your play style? At 2:53, you are sitting at 250hp without any means of regen in range of tiny stun and sure enough you get punished for it. What you should be doing? play 100 range further back.

Makes sense. I don't want to just count on my opponent making mistakes in general. I usually take the opportunity when they do, but I know it's not something I can count on. It's just it felt like I lost the lane and then they just ran over our team, I farmed the jungle and had decent farm. but yeah, I'll consider that stuff next time. Ideally I just don't want to be SF mid vs that.

Valve rather work on the largest platform for PC games, new VR tech, new graphics APIs, a new controller to more accurately emulate the accuracy of a mouse, a new OS variation, and a line of cheap consumer PCs.

But don't worry, they will make your virtual hats.
Isn't that why they have teams?

Well, I wouldn't know with their 'no bosses' system.

ViviOggi

Vivi in a normal day:

"Wow look at this scrub easiest kill of my life"

*Proceeds to feed*

"Guys, honestly why wasnt :Xplayer behind me and :Yplayer landed a stun? My god. Now they will take rax. Wish Hupsel was Magnus"
*wish hupsel wasn't 3 cs luna

The M.O.B

I click "Find Match" and then alt-tab to watch the anime.

10 minutes later my Dota2 tab highlights and not only do I find that I am already in a game, the game has picked Tinker for me somehow and the game is paused.

At this point my team is trashing me for last picking Tinker even though I had no clue I was even in a game. I'm told to go stack jungle camps and my team does well enough in lane for me to get 18 min bots,bottle, and soulring. We Win

W T F Valve

Red UFO

I click "Find Match" and then alt-tab to watch the anime.

10 minutes later my Dota2 tab highlights and not only do I find that I am already in a game, the game has picked Tinker for me somehow and the game is paused.

At this point my team is trashing me for last picking Tinker even though I had no clue I was even in a game. I'm told to go stack jungle camps and my team does well enough in lane for me to get 18 min bots,bottle, and soulring. We Win

W T F Valve
so what you're saying is

jungle tinker is legit?

noted &#9989;

Smithy C

Come back to Dota after a couple weeks break. Play a game with a Treant on our team who refuses to support and flames everyone.

Get into second game back - same guys is on my team again.

Easy dodge. Easy return to break.

J2d

God the mac version truely sucks ass these days, I get crashes once or twice every day and the menu always goes dark after the first game i play, pls fix valve..

necrophos ancient is stupid in pubs, you're the easiest target to kill but they just leave you be and then you snowball off a 6 minutes midas :|

necrophos ancient is stupid in pubs, you're the easiest target to kill but they just leave you be and then you snowball off a 6 minutes midas :|

More like the enemy team just wrecks the weak ass lane which you left (usually safelane) and then tries to participate in teamfights and feeds and by the time you have even an aghs with that midas, they've already taken all your outer towers. At least that's what happens in the SEA servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom