• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
At something like 8 straight ranked losses. 200 mmr down the drain. IDK man.
dac15_sad.gif

More like the enemy team just wrecks the weak ass lane which you left (usually safelane) and then tries to participate in teamfights and feeds and by the time you have even an aghs with that midas, they've already taken all your outer towers. At least that's what happens in the SEA servers.

I did one time, first picked necro because 10 hero challenge, team picks a mid, a safe laner and an offlaner, rather do ancients than support with necro (ie sit in lane and do nothing much, he's a trash support). Turned out ok, got highest farm. The enemy had weird lanes though, like offlane wisp + spectre iirc

Red UFO

clock goes vanguard against nuke heavy lineup
tell him it's shit
"ok muted"
why are players so fucking stupid
Idiots building shit item builds is pretty much the most reliable reason I lose games it seems, and when the enemy does it, it's usually a big reason why I win.

People just do not realise that every game is different, and a hero is almost just a blank canvas that you can take whichever way is needed.

Nope, Dex's fucking GODLIKE build with a shadow blade won against those scrubs 500 games ago so it must be the be all and end all build.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Idiots building shit item builds is pretty much the most reliable reason I lose games it seems, and when the enemy does it, it's usually a big reason why I win.

People just do not realise that every game is different, and a hero is almost just a blank canvas that you can take whichever way is needed.

Nope, Dex's fucking GODLIKE build with a shadow blade won against those scrubs 500 games ago so it must be the be all and end all build.

Dude I play with follows guides from 2013, when he started playing. Hasn't changed them since and builds them item for item regardless of the game situation he's in. It's actually quite hard to win games when he's in my stack.

Atos should be built on silencer in every single game in 6.84. Just saying.
Kappa.png
b

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i dont know what thread i should post this in but i had a scary thought today

valve genuinely seriously is not working on half life 3 at all

they're a company that has a trillion dollars and they have a staff entirely comprised of geniuses and prodigies and they have a beloved franchise that is ripe for a sequel (<- understatement of the decade), but

they just dont have any interest in doing it. in the face of all these reasons one might expect them to make the game, theyre like 'meh dont wanna'

well yeah, it's been pretty obvious that this is the case for a while now

Acinixys

well yeah, it's been pretty obvious that this is the case for a while now

In the last 2-3 years it feels like they have had a massive shift away from being a dev and towards being a business with fingers in the hardware and "video games as a service" pies

They make so much off of Dota, TF2 and CSGO hats and tournaments that it kind of makes sense that they would move away from traditional development.

I mean this year alone TI5 has brought in over 30 million dollars for them

aegis2015.gif

Quesa

You can tell who the best players in this thread are because they know the game so well they can complain about what their teammates do.

G.ZZZ

None of my extension for emoticons work anymore i'm sad.

EDIT: k nvm dota2 extension work but not the twitch, gonna reinstall zz

You can tell who the best players in this thread are because they know the game so well they can complain about what their teammates do.

And the worst complain about hats?

Strange game occurred last night. Player abondoned; however first blood occurred well before they abandoned so early abandonment didn't occur. Player returns and we still win match but it didn't count since it said first blood didn't occur before abandonment. All compendium challenges and points were still given as well. Why would compendium points be given for a match not counting?

Worst part was I was already on a losing streak and the next several matches were losses as well. At least my last match of the night ended the streak.

Wok

m8etW0u.png

Just lost against a stupid Ember going 2x Rapiers, 2x Battlefurys, 1x Daedalus, and 1x pair of boots.

He was just able to put a remnant in his fountain, crit everyone and go back, but he still won the game. Despite mega creeps.

Can't be that stupid when he managed to find that kind of farm

One hour in, everyone has farm.

Haunted

The classic quintuple Necro 3 army strat

Probably just lagged out the other team with the amount of models they had to render on screen.

shira

Updated LAN infos

TI5 Qualifiers(NA/CN): May 25-28
t1432519200z1.png

TI5 Qualifiers(EU/SEA): May 29-Jun 1
t1432875600z4.png

$90k WCA-NA Burbank Jun 2 Q: NoT, Summer
t1433271600z4.png

$153k, MLG2: Austin Jun 4-7 Q: EG, MY, [A], VP, Mouz, SR +2
$327k MDL Shanghai June 3-7 Q: LGD, Cloud9, VG, iG, Secret, EHOME, Na`vi +1
t1433437200z1.png

$100k, DH Jonkoping Jun 13-16 Q: VP, Empire, [A], Burden, NiP, Na`vi
t1434214800z1.png

$250k, ESL1 Frankfurt Jun 20-21 Q: EG, VG, Secret, VP, [A], C9, iG, MY
t1434819600z1.png

$89k, WCA-CN Jul 4-6 Q: +4
t1435932000z1.png

IHL2 Grand Final Jul 17-19 Q: +2
t1437163200z4.png

$8960k TI5 Seattle Jul 28 - Aug 8 Q: VG, EG, Secret, LGD, C9, VP, MY, iG, Empire, NB +6
t1438110000z4.png

WCA - PAX Aug 28-31
t1440788400z4.png

sidebar
Dota 2 Treasure Keys expire
t1435734000z4.png

Dota Pit EG vs Secret
never

if you're zyori and you know it sniff your hands

tinker and medusa used to be the same

then u learn that u can buy wards even if u are not a support.

i really really doubt tinker ancients from level 1 was ever decent
dusa was pretty shit too. it worked, but really really slowly

Hylian7

if you're zyori and you know it sniff your hands

In pubs Tinker ancients was definitely better than Dusa, however it was usually better to have him mid on Radiant and use ancients to get even more farm. Disrupting farm with laser and the wave clear of March was too good to pass up. Ancients were just too strong for him because he could easily get so much farm in addition to the lane.

Also, march still aggroes ancients/spell immune creeps, so if you need to do any long distance stacking for your team on Radiant, you still can.

Nope.

If left uncontested, at 10 minutes an ancient stacking Dusa has QB + Phase + Dom Helm + 1/3 of the way to a Yasha.

And she never needed a ward to ancient stack.

In pubs Tinker ancients was definitely better than Dusa,
No it wasn't. In terms of safety, ancient stacking Tinker was chronically low on HP secondary to Soul Ring dependence, and easily killed if spotted. Dusa kill would have to be earned, as she'd have at least 1 point in mana shield early and full mana while leveling up roughly as fast as everyone else on the team.

Quesa

Nope.

If left uncontested, at 10 minutes an ancient stacking Dusa has QB + Phase + Dom Helm + 1/3 of the way to a Yasha.

And she never needed a ward to ancient stack.

No it wasn't. In terms of safety, ancient stacking Tinker was chronically low on HP secondary to Soul Ring dependence, and easily killed if spotted. Dusa kill would have to be earned, as she'd have at least 1 point in mana shield early and full mana while leveling up roughly as fast as everyone else on the team.

image.php

I am really bad at jungling and need to get better. The thing I seem to not be able to get is knowing which camps I can take on and which I should wait until I'm stronger. Any tips or links to guides?

Mohasus

If you dominate a necro warrior, then disassemble the HOTD causing the creep to die, do you take backlash damage?

You can't dominate a necro warrior.

It was possible some patches ago, but then no one would buy necronomicon because you'd spend 5k in an item that was countered by 1.8k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom