• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

d9TkStI.png

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Are they actually going to watch the qualifier games?? Where are all the pirated nintendo games? This isn't MY hub!
aaaah.gif

Hylian7

5HVfrUL.png

I don't get what it is I'm not understanding about this hero. (Note: I'm not spamming him, just filtered by all Gyro games.)

It's like, I have to farm to be useful, but then the team needs me, then I just die if I walk into teamfights.

In the most recent game, I thought at the start of the match I wouldn't need BKB, but then later on with the Dagon and everything else giving me trouble I decided I did need it after all. Still though almost every single teamfight I just died instantly, didn't feel like I put out enough damage. I don't know what I'm missing here about the hero, as I just don't win often on Gyro in particular.

Ignoring the fact that the Techies was kind of useless, should I have itemized differently or what? I'm sure I could have bought the BKB sooner, but other than that, what else?

5HVfrUL.png

I don't get what it is I'm not understanding about this hero. (Note: I'm not spamming him, just filtered by all Gyro games.)

It's like, I have to farm to be useful, but then the team needs me, then I just die if I walk into teamfights.

In the most recent game, I thought at the start of the match I wouldn't need BKB, but then later on with the Dagon and everything else giving me trouble I decided I did need it after all. Still though almost every single teamfight I just died instantly, didn't feel like I put out enough damage. I don't know what I'm missing here about the hero, as I just don't win often on Gyro in particular.

Ignoring the fact that the Techies was kind of useless, should I have itemized differently or what? I'm sure I could have bought the BKB sooner, but other than that, what else?

manta is generally pretty shit on gyro just like dusa unless you really need to dispell some annoying shit (which is not every game)
ask your ancients to be stacked so you get farm, farming the jungle shouldn't be an issue with phase hotd (yasha)
you want 5v5 fights, gyro isn't the best manfight 1v1 hero, flak cannon should deal with the enemy squishy heroes, so your supports should focus on nuking/controlling the enemy carry or tanky hero
calldown allows you to take early fights or take towers (you don't want to defend after taking a calldown on 5 in general, especially early/mid game)

you shouldn't "just die" in early fights, with phase hotd aquila you're not that squishy, and calldown has a huge range, use that to your advantage, you don't want to flak cannon yolo in the middle of 5 heroes at 15 minutes that's for sure

iamblades

5HVfrUL.png

That's the case with basically every hero that's not bristle or axe though.

I see a distinct lack of drums and SNY(way better than manta on gyro IMO) in the item builds. You can really abuse movement speed on gyro to get in and out of fights, launching homing missiles and kiting people around.

Really though to team fight with gyro you really have to have your supports be able to set you up(and you have to be properly positioned for the setups when they happen).

Also I see a lot of people play him as a farm and come back hero, but he is shit at that IMO, with gyro you need to be running people down and stretching fights out. He's not the kind of carry that just farms until he has enough to stand and man fight. Sure that works for the first couple of teamfights after you pickup bkb, but as it gets later in the game you will lose in man fights vs almost any other carry and your aoe damage isn't enough to blow up enemy supports instantly anymore.

I'm pretty shit at gyro though, so YMMV.

kionedrik

With Gyro you'll want to get a HoD asap so you can stack ancients, that's your main source of income on that hero. So basically you'll want to go phase - HoD and stack. Eventually you'll want to finish RoA and farm your stack which will get your BKB. When your lane is pushed you'll want to rotate to your jungle and flash farm with flack and barrage. Having these 4 items at 15-20 minutes on Gyro is not hard and will allow you to teamfight, which is what the hero was made to do. After these 4 core items your free to get whatever you want but most people tend to go SnY, MKB, BF or Skadi.

In teamfights be sure to pop BKB early and drop your ulti imediatly where the fighting will take place. Even if you don't catch them all in it it's a great zoning tool. After that pop flack and run around with barrage every 5s.

Also be sure to pick at least 1 level into rocket. It's not a good carry skill but can still secure some kills from time to time and lockdown someone in a teamfight.

Acinixys

No legs, no kittens, no N64 emulator

0/10 stream, completely missed the point.

Reddit said they should ask their local SPCA/Animal Shelter to borrow some kittens for the week, and set up a donation button for said shelter on the stream.

I doubt it would work but its a cool idea

Would raise over 10K easily

Reddit said they should ask their local SPCA/Animal Shelter to borrow some kittens for the week, and set up a donation button for said shelter on the stream.

I doubt it would work but its a cool idea

Would raise over 10K easily

Oh well if reddit want it then that's a good reason not to do it ! Godspeed EU hub

Acinixys

I thought there was bad blood between BTS and JoinDota?

Its weird as hell hearing LD introduce Tobi as the caster

eyeroll.gif

Also this mic quality

What the fuck

Sounds like a Radioshack DIY mic being spoken into through a door

TUSR

Banned
Alright

TI5 GAF attendee list, going to keep it private.

PM me if you want to be added to this mysterious list that doesn't exist yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom