• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tieske

Neo Member
Ignoring the fact that the Techies was kind of useless, should I have itemized differently or what? I'm sure I could have bought the BKB sooner, but other than that, what else?

My only gyro tip is one I got from watching barny stream, get a quelling at one point in the game (especially if you're radiant). Helps making full use of flak in the jungle

As for actually playing the hero, he kinda plays himself right. You either get fully bursted down before shitting out your damage, or you dont
Feel like the majority of the complexity of this hero comes from farming patterns which is interchangable with alot of carries

Watching people play card games where you don't understand the rules (and about half of the players don't either) is not very interesting. Would rather watch Gang Beasts all day.

udllpn

Just a question. If I buy a Compendium and play, let's say, a game or two per day until The International, how many levels will I be able to gain?

I am thinking of buying it, but I don't want to spend any extra money.

Shinypogs

So on one hand I win a lot more now that I use voice more frequently to communicate with my team. On the flip side I get way more creepy comments and friend requests because using voice reveals I am a girl :( Also who seriously asks random girls for their facebooks?

Hat talk but with an actual game related question attached. I unlocked another charm and got the crescent set for Mirana. I know pros find the arrow to be more noticeable but in general play is it really that big of a giveaway and does it also distort the arrow hitbox more than normal?

Also since I had a hell of a lot of fun playing support necro I have a question about him too. What are the actual commonly understood rules about when you should and should not be using your ult to ensure a dead enemy is gone for extra time? Do the rules change once I have aghs?

587392IMG20150307125227115.jpg

I find your lack of dogs disturbing

Acinixys

Also since I had a hell of a lot of fun playing support necro I have a question about him too. What are the actual commonly understood rules about when you should and should not be using your ult to ensure a dead enemy is gone for extra time? Do the rules change once I have aghs?

No aghs: Ult the carry or biggest threat on their team

With aghs: Ult the carry or biggest threat on their team

Necro isnt a support. Needs way to many items to be useful imo

necro needs items to not die so he can :
- ult when needed
- spam death pulse in fights
- using HS aura for a longer time
- not die actually

He's pretty shit at "supporting" you may cast one pulse, ult and then die, that's just not good enough. Might as well pick dazzle and be more useful.
Also guardian greaves are made for him

Pratfall

Looking at the level unlocks for the compendium, if Immortals II and III are good, the prize pool is going to skyrocket when they release.

No surprise Valve is taking extra time with these items.

kionedrik

Just a question. If I buy a Compendium and play, let's say, a game or two per day until The International, how many levels will I be able to gain?

I am thinking of buying it, but I don't want to spend any extra money.

To this point you may have lost 2 or 3 "free" levels but it's possible that Valve will add new achievements for easy points.

I bought it and didn't spend another penny and am currently almost level 9. Currently the only way of getting points by playing games is to finish your 10 hero rotation or get a random drop in game.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Looking at the level unlocks for the compendium, if Immortals II and III are good, the prize pool is going to skyrocket when they release.

Why? You already have to level nearly as high to get all items from the first chest, bout to mention if you want the Enigma item.

How many IIs and IIIs would you get if you spent enough to get just 6 Is (ie all the immortals from first chest) ?

Shinypogs

Thanks for the advice you guys, I though necro was like silencer, mirana and naga where you can play them as cores or as supports but if you get enough farm they can transition and hold their own later on.

Pratfall

Why? You already have to level nearly as high to get all items from the first chest, bout to mention if you want the Enigma item.

I think you are underestimating the number of people who have a low level compendium who are waiting to see what the future immortals look like before putting enough money in to unlock the one that they want. I mean, you don't unlock an additional Immortal III until level 90.

I am an example of this. I have a level 50 compendium right now, I unlocked enough of treasure I to be happy with the items I got but if there are awesome items for heroes I love in Immortal II and III I will be very tempted to put more money into it.

are you merlini
Thanks for the advice you guys, I though necro was like silencer, mirana and naga where you can play them as cores or as supports but if you get enough farm they can transition and hold their own later on.
nah, these 3 provide a lot of utility even as support
mirana has arrow, starfall is a very good nuke, and ult obviously
naga has ensnare, rip tide and song, also is quite tanky and really fast
silencer has ult, that's actually enough

necro is slow as fuck, needs to stay alive in fights so he can be really useful, his passive is made for early/mid game farming (infinite jungling !), and doesn't offer that much without items

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
can someone explain this to me, from dota 2 wiki about WD's death ward:

When all attacks and bounces hit, it can deal up to 2160/3240/8640 (16200/21600/27000*) damage (before reductions).

what is the asterisk for, and why are the numbers in brackets so much bigger?

Detox

Sorry if this has been asked before.

In the uk store it is cheaper to buy 5 packs of 11 levels then 50 straight up. Is this the case in other countries? Does the 50 bundle give something special?

so the bounces deal less damage?

no
60-90-120 damage, 0-0-1 bounce (1-1-2 targets)
90-120-150 damage upgraded 4-4-4 bounces (5-5-5 targets)
36 projectiles

so a hero takes
2160-3240-4320 damage
3240-4320-5400 damage upgraded

counting bounces :
2160-3240-8640 (4320*2)
16200-21600-27000 (*5)

inkls

No, same as normal. The total you listed just accounts for that.

So at lvl 16 instead of dealing 120 dmg to 2 targets with one bounce (so 240 dmg per 0.22 seconds). It deals 150 dmg to 5, so 750 dmg per 0.22 seconds in total.

kionedrik

No. All attack ticks do the same damage but aghs makes it bounce off the primary target in to a secondary one, if there's anyone in the vicinity. The same principle is applied for the third target in relation to the second and forth in relation to the third.

Aghs so good for WD. I've been in a couple of games where we made a comeback thanks to those extra bounces. You just need to be careful with your positioning and timing. I usually build Aghs before BKB.

BKB before aghs would be kinda crappy anyway, unless you're 16 but even then I'd rather get aghs first. The ult just isn't that great without aghs. Rather channel it with aghs for 3 seconds and be interrupted than a full channel without aghs

inkls

BKB before aghs would be kinda crappy anyway, unless you're 16 but even then I'd rather get aghs first. The ult just isn't that great without aghs. Rather channel it with aghs for 3 seconds and be interrupted than a full channel without aghs

Yeah, and you can afford to ignore bkb before aghs imo if you position yourself well since the ward has a 1300 max range (600 cast range while the ward has 700 attack range) and thats not including bounces. Most of the abilities that will cancel your ult from that far are pretty much abilities that go through bkb like silencer ult.

I hope valve never allows workshop familiars honestly
I also hope this never makes it in, but for other reasons

Whats wrong with the rex courier?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
no
60-90-120 damage, 0-0-1 bounce (1-1-2 targets)
90-120-150 damage upgraded 4-4-4 bounces (5-5-5 targets)
36 projectiles

so a hero takes
2160-3240-4320 damage
3240-4320-5400 damage upgraded

counting bounces :
2160-3240-8640 (4320*2)
16200-21600-27000 (*5)

huh

idk why my brain stopped functioning earlier because this is obvious and makes perfect sense

Zeknurn

Hot Bid sat in silence. "Not like this," he thought. "Not like this." He looked around him. Zero kittens. No mario party. And no Bruno. "It's not long before I'll have to stand up and drown myself in the fish tank." Save your local TI5 hub community by hugging Hot Bid today.

"Haha, what a great day of casting" Merlini proclaimed. "Yeah, we did awesome, bro. Give me a high five". Oh boy, not this again, thought Merlini. "Bro, we're so tight we don't need to high five". Yet Zyori insisted. "High five my hand bro". Merlini had no choice. Merlini's hand still smells like Zyori's balls to this day.

Hot Bid sat in silence. "Not like this," he thought. "Not like this." He looked around him. Zero kittens. No mario party. And no Bruno. "It's not long before I'll have to stand up and drown myself in the fish tank." Save your local TI5 hub community by hugging Hot Bid today.

"Haha, what a great day of casting" Merlini proclaimed. "Yeah, we did awesome, bro. Give me a high five". Oh boy, not this again, thought Merlini. "Bro, we're so tight we don't need to high five". Yet Zyori insisted. "High five my hand bro". Merlini had no choice. Merlini's hand still smells like Zyori's balls to this day.

lmao
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

All the lounge stream needs to git gud is for Team Secret and Cloud 9 to show up. Some Jacky Mao,Puppey,Kuroky and BigDaddyNotail action is likely to spice it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom