• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Low Tier
is this thread turning anime again?

tEUpEUz.gif

Acinixys

It was such an hilarious watch. Too bad there was only 16-ish episodes. I want to find other stuff in that vein.

If you haven't already seen it Samurai Pizza Cats is similar

An anime that was trash in Japanese but then had a hilarious English dub slapped on top

I think this Naga is just bad.
Yup he's not impressive, they even mentioned that it was his first pro game on Naga.

Watch Alliance play it in Dreamleague, Loda's was actually impressive. I think Naga is going to make a big comeback, I've seen a concerning amount of pros play it on their respective streams.

Acinixys

Yup he's not impressive, they even mentioned that it was his first pro game on Naga.

Watch Alliance play it in Dreamleague, Loda's was actually impressive. I think Naga is going to make a big comeback, I've seen a concerning amount of pros play it on their respective streams.

I agree

Games are creeping back to the 40-50 minute length that heroes like AM/Spectre/Naga/CK etc thrive in

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I know Valve gave a deadline for sets for the new few months, but god damn there is a lot of stuff being uploaded today.

Wok

I wanted to play Bounty Hunter à la ppd. Game was fun, but I built an Aghanim Scepter after my arcane boots, forcestaff, blink, and gem... I was sure there was an upgrade for him with the last patch... Turns out not. So disappointed.

I was thinking of the bounce of shuriken toss. I thought it came with Aghanim.

Anyway, it seems that I could not interrupt NP teleporting to base with my shuriken, which is quite strange.

Acinixys

Geez, I know Valve gave a deadline for sets for the new few months, but god damn there is a lot of stuff being uploaded today.

Maybe they aren't taking shit before TI

So people are rushing else they will have to wait 4+ months to submit

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/valve-dota-majors-in-house/

So looks like Valve might be running all the majors themselves, really sucks for all the other organizers in the scene

I doubt it

All the CSGO majors are managed by outside companies

ESL, Dreamhack etc

Plus they cant even release some digital underpants on time

Can you imagine them trying to run 4 massive tournaments?

I doubt it

All the CSGO majors are managed by outside companies

ESL, Dreamhack etc

Plus they cant even release some digital underpants on time

Can you imagine them trying to run 4 massive tournaments?

According to the article they're not doing the CS GO style though

"Sources within several esports organizations, however, say they were informed today that Valve will be running all Dota majors in the same way it runs The International: It will control all aspects of organizing the tournaments and will only collaborate with other tournament organizers from a broadcast production standpoint."

Acinixys

According to the article they're not doing the CS GO style though

"Sources within several esports organizations, however, say they were informed today that Valve will be running all Dota majors in the same way it runs The International: It will control all aspects of organizing the tournaments and will only collaborate with other tournament organizers from a broadcast production standpoint."

"Sources"

Yeah. Ill take it with a pinch of
salty.gif

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/valve-dota-majors-in-house/

So looks like Valve might be running all the majors themselves, really sucks for all the other organizers in the scene

I'm not sure how bad it will be. It will suck for events that will have to be cancelled because they can't compete with these new events...but organizers can still schedule their own events around The International "Championship Series" of events. There will still be Dreamhacks and Summits and MLGs and Starladders and whatever the hell else. They'll just have to plan around something now. And if the money is right for these satellite International events, we may see fewer smaller events with big name teams in them. Which would probably be good for the players, who've long reported heavy fatigue with the heavy scheduling.

Probably a net win for the health of the game and its pro players.

Shinypogs

I am developing a deep loathing for other human beings and their ability to ignore facts and pretend that somehow they were the only good player on their team and everyone else should be reported*. Also their refusal to listen to sane advice like taking fucking detection to avoid dying to techies mines when we know he mined that area once before and we died there.

In other news how do I OD? I can't re-roll my third set of heroes for some reason and I'm struggling with him.

*Haz can attest to my being a garbage tier scrub and sometimes I have abnormally awful games but I don't tell my enemies to report my team over it or spend the whole game saying "GG, FF" and randomly disconnecting but bothering to come back instead of just taking an abandon.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1503975519

I dunno man, I played a much better early game with AM, but for some reason I just could not seal the deal here.

I'm sure the BoTs level 2 looks like a questionalbe decision, but I did it right near the end as I bought back, tried to BoTs in and my creep died, so I had to ensure that didn't happen next time. Regardless though we lost the game like right after that. I had to walk around with oodles of cash so I could safely have buyback money, but once I hit a lot I finished my Abyssal. I probably needed a heart here but I just never had the spare cash for it. When I had Aegis I had to sell my Treads and get BoTs because we were going to need it.

Hylian7

can you bkb out of the effects of break?

I think so?

I was talking about this in the GAF guild chat, but I think they should make Break not disable passive ultimates. Mainly this affects PA, as just having it take her ultimate away, period, is kind of dumb. It's pretty much her main source of damage, and it's so easy to counter it's not even funny. It also affects Drow to a lesser degree, however if someone's inflicting break on you, they are probably close enough to cut out Marksmanship anyway.

Low Tier
haha yea lets make exceptions to an item which has the function of disabling passives for niche situations.

Let's ignore the fact that the item is 5450 gold (which is 200ish short of scythe) which will not only disable passives, bur ur hero.

haha

silver edge is fine with the price increase. Oh no I got Break'd on my PA, just bkb and ur good to go

I think so?

I was talking about this in the GAF guild chat, but I think they should make Break not disable passive ultimates. Mainly this affects PA, as just having it take her ultimate away, period, is kind of dumb. It's pretty much her main source of damage, and it's so easy to counter it's not even funny. It also affects Drow to a lesser degree, however if someone's inflicting break on you, they are probably close enough to cut out Marksmanship anyway.

But the sources of Break are few, and there are other ways to neutralize PA's damage output or give her a very rough time proccing CdG (disarm, ghost scepter, bkb, etc.). There are much cheaper and more effective ways of taking her ultimate away, in a sense.

And PA can always buy bkb against break.

Hylian7

haha yea lets make exceptions to an item which has the function of disabling passives for niche situations.

Let's ignore the fact that the item is 5450 gold (which is 200ish short of scythe) which will not only disable passives, bur ur hero.

haha

silver edge is fine with the price increase. Oh no I got Break'd on my PA, just bkb and ur good to go

Disabling things like Blur and Backtrack are huge deals in and of itself, and I think still plenty to warrant purchasing the item.

At the very least I think they should make just Silver Edge not Break passive Ultimates, the other forms of break can though, such as Shadow Demon and Aghs Doom.

Randdalf

So on Hacker News a few days ago, somebody posted an article about Recurrent Neural Networks, and how they could learn to generate text based on a lot of training text. For example, if you gave it 1mb of Shakespeare's works and trained it for a few hours it would spew out a bunch of Shakespeare-esque content. One really cool example given is training it on the Linux kernel code, and ending up with a neural network that outputs reasonably well-formatted C code.

With that in mind, my friend and I trained the same system on a bunch of r/dota2 comments. My GPU didn't have enough memory to do a really big network, so I chose 128 internal nodes, but it generated a pretty decent result in the end. It even learned to Kappa.

A sample:

Code:
[B]Synditus[/B] So that you can only have the game but the introduce while drafting kills by the fact, if i did it more on my firefroki time hard

[B]Dronkyedby[/B] What is the game is hurts the thing was the impressive was released.

[B]Kazza[/B] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aunM_J00uzAA7t_VANY pddcant take, it's always the play without actor and prize pool nobody find away better than before he has a decent support can basically see your market reduction. It could be contrait, and 20 Mate Arcana Steappear looks are in the artist of the created so far too late without time.

[B]Sergectro[/B] I said a super heroes to be a bit for a mouz classic and try a ward King and think the one playing a month or not.

[B]solardematic[/B] I would not be a scrub to up casting like it and communications for part of the way progression and case mana don't care to be univated him play and this expected that since it was been doing a Mangoes and Enchantress and I hope more money from some problem his face.

[B]sambastic[/B] Lizzards and the ones that make the need to carry out of the potential.

https://gist.github.com/Randdalf/9b1e93fd7089b59b466e

Low Tier
no see u missed the entire point.

Break is a non-spell immune piercing effect which disables passives for 5 seconds. It doesn't stun, doesn't root, doesn't disable, doesn't hex. In terms of your argument in that Silver Edge nullifies PA's ability to participate, it is actually the weakest out of all the cc in terms of stopping a PA.

Saying that Break should stop passive ultimates is like saying silence should silence all spells but ultimates, because with an ultimate-centric hero like silencer,brew, or storm, silencing the hero is just too easy and counterable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom